Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

I made a server from a creative copy, but I see everywhere "you enter xxx area" is it possible to delete all areas of the map or modify them?

Yes, they are called focus zones, can be deleted with GM or database editing

42 minutes ago, Jukken said:

Yes, they are called focus zones, can be deleted with GM or database editing

Ok good, found out how, Thank you!

Need a tiny bit of help. I'm in GM mode, set faith and favor to high levels and no priest option (at altar of 3). Change them to 30 and the option to become a priest is available. I choose to be a priest, then try setting faith and favor high again and it makes me a follower.  Is there some trick I am missing?  I wish to test out the spells mod.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Need a tiny bit of help. I'm in GM mode, set faith and favor to high levels and no priest option (at altar of 3). Change them to 30 and the option to become a priest is available. I choose to be a priest, then try setting faith and favor high again and it makes me a follower.  Is there some trick I am missing?  I wish to test out the spells mod.

Thank you!

The instant you set yourself even 0.01 over 30 you should get the priest flag. It may be a mod messing with you.

11 hours ago, Jberg said:

The instant you set yourself even 0.01 over 30 you should get the priest flag. It may be a mod messing with you.

[17:24:30] Vink now has deity Fo, faith 99.0, and favour: 99.

[17:24:30] You are now a follower of Fo.

If I drop my faith to exactly 30, the altar of three will give me the option to become a priest.  I do that, then "server > set faith" to anything above and I become a follower again.  Activate a statuette of Fo and I have no options in my menu for spells.

I did add in Ago's server mod loader and several of his included mods, with the main one I wanted, to give the ability for all spells and not gimp crafting.  I've removed the files though, so not sure what gives.  I may just have to restore to my server before the mods were added.

Edit:  Fixed! I'd accidentally spawned a statuette that wasn't silver or gold.  Oops!

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Question.

We've been having some issues with items being bugged. Message says you cannot use that item while its banked. "or something close"

I figured out I can take it from the players through trade, then place it on a personal merchant and dismiss them (destroying the item).

But I was wondering, is there a way to pull/summon an item from player inventories without having to dive into the database?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Ah totally overlooked it...

#loadItem ID

Edited by Faetyl

You can pull the item like that, but many times it will still be in their inventory bugged, just also in yours now... Generally if they log off for a few minutes it will clear itself up. Only had one issue where logging off for a bit did not fix it.

Would anyone know if the new wall types are supported in the ebony wand for setting AUXDATA number for type of wall? I tried putting in 4, 5 etc but like before, they just come up as wooden. Was kinda assuming that after the new update those numbers would now be used for the new wall types.

You dont need aux data, there is a new menu in the wand for building the different walls

MLoh4M3.jpg

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Eject said:

You dont need aux data, there is a new menu in the wand for building the different walls

MLoh4M3.jpg

Oh! That doesn't show for me at all. I wonder why? The update came through successfully because I can see the new wall types in the graphics.jar, but can't build the new wall types, not even using a trowel. For me it just looks like before:

menu.jpg

Would the fact that I have mods, or the fact that my dedicated server is in a different folder location altogether (not under steam) be causing this? 

51 minutes ago, Malena said:

Would the fact that I have mods, or the fact that my dedicated server is in a different folder location altogether (not under steam) be causing this? 

Yep, you'll need to update the dedicated server, since we didnt change a major version, you'll see your server version is still 1.3.1.3 (or thereabouts) it needs to be 1.3.5.5

Just now, Retrograde said:

Yep, you'll need to update the dedicated server, since we didnt change a major version, you'll see your server version is still 1.3.1.3 (or thereabouts) it needs to be 1.3.5.5

Oh! And are there instructions somewhere on how to do that? I haven't got the foggiest idea how I'd go about that.

1. Backup! :P
  2. Copy over everything from Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder to your copy, letting it overwrite (except your folder with the map/data)
  3. Update the modlauncher - https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/download/v0.25/server-modlauncher-0.25.zip
  4. If you have any mods they might need an update too (if it's only my setheight and building size - they are OK as-is, i think)
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, bdew said:
  1. Backup! :P
  2. Copy over everything from Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder to your copy, letting it overwrite (except your folder with the map/data)
  3. Update the modlauncher - https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases/download/v0.25/server-modlauncher-0.25.zip
  4. If you have any mods they might need an update too (if it's only my setheight and building size - they are OK as-is, i think)

I'm probably not doing something right. I'll send you a PM if that's ok, as I don't want to hijack this thread. 

Edit: It worked like a charm, I just didn't remember/realize that I must remember to choose the server from the "Select game folder to use" drop down when I start it up. 

Thanks again bdew! Your instructions were unlike any of the others I found when I googled this. And yours were the only ones that worked. 

Edited by Malena

how do you find stuff? I've had a player say there meditation rug poofed, I popped over and didn't see it, is there a way to find it with a command? 

i dont know a way how you can find an specific item in the world (without the wurm-id), but for the meditation rug....sometimes it disapears in the ground, just drop 2 items on the tiles and you should see a pile of item graphic. Hopefully the rug is in it.

Eject

Hello :)

Is there a way i can set a path level for meditation with arch GM ? 

Edited by Elsa

On 6/18/2018 at 12:42 PM, Krexis said:

Hello :)

Is there a way i can set a path level for meditation with arch GM ? 

Open Character window, right click body symbol in lower left, choose "Meditation path."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shadowwolfwolf said:

where do i get Ebony wand?

Type 

#give 176 99 1 

in chat.

Make sure you are logged in as implementor (power level 5).