Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

Is there a GM function or a file to edit for a MOTD / GL-freedom MOTD server owners can put information in? 

I.E. every login you get the "This is your Global Kingdom Chat." in purple is there a file or edit somewhere that can add to this ?

so i know how to spawn an ore vein but how do i set the quality or the amount it has thanks 

activate your wand - right click cave -> spezials -> set data

For changing the quality of an ore vein, I dont see an option for quality in the set data window. How do you change the quality for veins?

so fiddling with the set data i wasn't able to set the vein quality

however i did manage to spawn 1 utmost quality vein witch makes me believe you cant set the quality prove me wrong please=p

field Cave Resource seems to set the amount of ore though

little workaround. just prospect for a cave tile showing utmost - then change that cave to new terraintype / vein etc.

• Like 1

or you could just create a transmutation wand and place your utmost ql vein with it. ;)

or you could just create a transmutation wand and place your utmost ql vein with it. ;)

I tried the Rod of Transmutation. It only changes the type of vein not the quality.  :(

i tried using the transmutation rod it gave me the message The Rod only works on normal cave walls 

when i used it on normal it always gave me normal quality veins

im really thinking Noermel is right you need utmost quality cave floors and walls in order to get utmost veins

btw possible to turn off some gm features like instant mining? with it on im getting no ores and skillups

btw possible to turn off some gm features like instant mining? with it on im getting no ores and skillups

Unfortunately, the only way to turn off GM instant mining is to make your toon a non-GM.

Word to the Wise: DO NOT 'give' your ebony wand to a horse.  I didn't even know you could do that. I'd never seen 'give' on the menu before. I did not know horses had inventories ? :(

So Realdeath seems to do nothing at all besides make your activated item show up in your hand instead of your equipped item.  My stats are all correct for becoming Magranon's Champion.  Halp?

Word to the Wise: DO NOT 'give' your ebony wand to a horse.  I didn't even know you could do that. I'd never seen 'give' on the menu before. I did not know horses had inventories ? :(

Wizkill horse, bury horse, pick up wand from ground, profit.

Edit:

Related to the Realdeath and becoming Champion, is there a GM way to consecrate an altar?

Edited by Carnaxus

Had to tame him to get access to his inventory. Forgot about command line options :(

Edited by KageTenshi

Had to tame him to get access to his inventory. Forgot about command line options :(

How many times did his hooves meet your face during that process?  :P

I managed to tame a hell hound.  I was at uhh...2% health when I finally tamed it.  Pain...pain pain...more pain...ow pain...

When I try and flatten dirt, it instanty turns to rock. Is there a way to avoid this?

i guess you set the auxdata of your wall wrong. try default number

champion: i also cant get it to work. skills are set but when i click realdeath nothing seems to happen. at least im not seeing anything

Edited by noermel

Can you set Auxdata on a wagon to change its kingdom/model?

/edit: Activate wand, right-click wagon, select Item -> Set data, set Data1 to 1 for JK, 2 for MR, 3 for HOTS, also set Auxdata to 2. If in GM inventory, set before you drop it, otherwise you need to relog for you to visually update it seems.

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 2

Trying to create portals to other server. I can make a portal and place it but how to set the setting for making it go to other server location???

Any help on making this work would be appreciated..?

Deeds and the spawn point for new players..??

Another question about deeds..? When placing down a deed per gm. The first deed laid down for GM1 we set to permanent.. but don't choose a kingdom in the drop down for it. Then GM2 lays down a deed and chooses same option.. BUT which deed will be the new person log in spot..?  It seems to move with every new deed laid down by a new GM that choose a permanent option in the deed setup...

Do we need to use the drop downs for the items that says if this is a starter town choose a kingdom.. on the one we want the new players to spawn at..?? Because every time we do it the spawn point changes..???  I cant seem to keep spawn point on one deed. but then we remove the other deeds and the spawn point changes back to the first deed.. again..??

Help....

Make sure that 'random spawns' isn't ticked in server settings.

You can set the coordinates for kingdom spawn points in server settings also, but be careful, or you'll have players spawning in enemy deeds if you et it wrong, just use the GM abilities to get the coordinates of the token in each town, and copy those into the appropriate boxes.

So I set a focus area NO Build and people can build in that area what gives?? am I reading how this works wrong??

Edited by Overlord

in order to use the fly function, 

is there a ebony wand menu or # chat command to do it, or is it only useable by the console bind command?

Is it possible to set/change a players citizenship via GM tools? I have a player who didn't realise placing a deed would remove him from his existing settlement and would like to rejoin without the 22hr timer if possible.