Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

Mama is getting the itching urge to take away our toys if we can't play with them properly!

So I can build floor plans and walls without materials as a GM but I cannot build floors or roofs it says I need materials?? What am I doing wrong??

hmm, is there a console command to open up change terrain?

Besides having to go through the menus.

Also posted this to the GM Functions thread.  As an Arch-GM (tier 4), I apparently cannot modify rock terrain near the Altar of Three, but I can dig up the dirt all I want.  Can tier 5 modify the rock terrain there or is it blocked for everyone?

Edit:

Wait, scratch that, I am tier 5.  Well...crap.

Edited by Carnaxus

Is it possible to make those shafts of light like the pillars give off with GM powers?  And can they be any color?  I'd love to make a few "villages" and use the shafts as decorative beacons.

- Instant mining (you can mine with your wand active)
-- WARNING - you only need ONE mining action to completely remove a vein and turn it into a rock tile!

Happens without wand active. Pickaxe acts like wand and insta mines. every thing else is fine just this. :(

Edited by Dan3000au

Dan--that is a GM character function.  Has nothing to do with the wand.  Remove GM powers and you will be back to mining normally, even though the wand stays on you.

So question.  In another thread someone mentioned that you can "GM your toon to be champion of your god."  How...exactly...does one do this?

Also, does anyone know the coordinates of Hearth and/or the Altar of Three on Heavenord?

Edited by Carnaxus

ok so a settlement Deed item went missing and now i can not find away to get it back or disband the zone i was hoping someone here could help me

Dan--that is a GM character function.  Has nothing to do with the wand.  Remove GM powers and you will be back to mining normally, even though the wand stays on you.

Yes but i do not have access to turn it off and on. this should be toggle powers. i should be able to go into GM mode and out of it. its a pain coz i will have to make another character for the owner to change to GM.

for a game to to be released where an admin is forced to admin 100% and then if they want to play normal the have to log into another character is wrong. this needs to be addressed.

You can turn the GM powers off the same way you turned them on.  Go into your server settings and set the powers to "0" on that character.

Found Hearth, and the Altar's not that far away from there.  Still wondering about making my char Champion.

Hm... someone else have the problem to bring up the gmtool ? i bind it like this : bind k GMTOOL . right ?
Also... where do i find the mission ruler exactly ?

Nay. Hopefully there will be a bind soon as there are a greater need for it other than just me.

So question.  In another thread someone mentioned that you can "GM your toon to be champion of your god."  How...exactly...does one do this?

Also, does anyone know the coordinates of Hearth and/or the Altar of Three on Heavenord?

Activate ebony wand -> right click on the character that you want to make champion -> bottom of the menu is something like "toggle champion..." can't recall the wording right now. Can't do it on yourself, you'd have to go to one of the lights (set yourself to the pre-condions of your god (50+ faith 25+ sd/ss)) and right click the altar and choose "permadeath" (I don't think they've changed this option name from when it used to be permadeath)

ok so a settlement Deed item went missing and now i can not find away to get it back or disband the zone i was hoping someone here could help me

You can manage your deed through right clicking on your inventory or body -> manage -> settlement. You can get a new one by going to your settlements token and right clicking -> settlement -> info. This will spawn a new settlement deed.

Hm... someone else have the problem to bring up the gmtool ? i bind it like this : bind k GMTOOL . right ?

Also... where do i find the mission ruler exactly ?

I recommend that you bind it to your middle mouse button - my personal bind is (bind MOUSE2 GMTOOL) - as you can middle mouse click to get the information if an item/character/tile instantly without having to type. You spawn the mission ruler, it is named thus.

• Like 1

You should read up about "Paint Terrain" - it's the bulk worker of "Change Terrain" - I've described it in the first post.

So I can build floor plans and walls without materials as a GM but I cannot build floors or roofs it says I need materials?? What am I doing wrong??

You are doing nothing wrong... that's how it is sadly.

You are doing nothing wrong... that's how it is sadly.

On the bright side, at least once you spawn in the materials, it's instant, and you don't need the full materials.

• Like 1

How do I change wall types from wood to stone to timber framed with the ebony wand? Where and under what menu? I know I saw doctorchese change it in the video but I can't remember how and the words were too small on the screen to see what was going on..

How do I change wall types from wood to stone to timber framed with the ebony wand? Where and under what menu? I know I saw doctorchese change it in the video but I can't remember how and the words were too small on the screen to see what was going on..

It is described in the first post - activate your ebony wand -> right click your ebony wand -> item -> set data

set auxdata to;

0 for wood

1 for stone

2 for timber framed

3 for plain stone

Any way using gm tools to make a tile a water source?  or change a fountains properties to generate water?

Nevermind, I found it under right click fountain> item > manage restrictions > check box for auto-fill

Edited by Zoxo
  • Like 2

On the building menu, when you add the ebony wand to the crafting menu, how do you choose a different wall type, instead of the wooden one?

Any way using gm tools to make a tile a water source?  or change a fountains properties to generate water?

Nevermind, I found it under right click fountain> item > manage restrictions > check box for auto-fill

Thank you! I've been trying to get my well working. :D

so i know how to spawn an ore vein but how do i set the quality or the amount it has thanks