Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

This is so frustrating. Finally found how to priest, but now the Fo statuette doesn't work. I have it activated, but when I right click the altar, no spells come up so I can bless it. I do get the spell list from the altar, and an option to pray which says I can't pray here as the altar isn't dedicated, but no way to bless. Also found a sheep and right clicked on it, but no spells for animals either.

9 minutes ago, Katrinka said:

This is so frustrating. Finally found how to priest, but now the Fo statuette doesn't work. I have it activated, but when I right click the altar, no spells come up so I can bless it. I do get the spell list from the altar, and an option to pray which says I can't pray here as the altar isn't dedicated, but no way to bless. Also found a sheep and right clicked on it, but no spells for animals either.

Did a GM make your statuette? If so, the GM might have forgotten to pick either Gold or Silver as a material type. When standard is default and chosen, the Statuette is broken and doesn't work. Drop it on the ground, if it looks like Gumby, it's a false idol.

• Like 1

new question: Is it possible to create an ore vein inside a mine? I attempted to 'change terrain' iron vein on a wall inside a mine, and it seemed to work, but only the top layer was iron, so when it was mined, the iron vanished on the first action and it became a rock wall again. Can the wall be completely changed to iron?

if you mine as gm on a vein it will go back to rock after one hit

That works then :) I needed the ore for normal player with no GM abilities, but was afraid it didn't work after the GM tested it and it popped. Thank you :)

• Like 1

@Katrinka After spawning a vein you should look into the datas how much resources are in the vein, sometimes there are just ~50 ;) but you can edit the datas

I have a quick question for the GM experts.... we set two characters to GM status on our server and then they were unable to enter combat (the window didn't appear at all and they were both unable to fight, as soon as the higher rank took the GM status away from one character, then combat worked normally). Is this normal or should we restart/relog/sacrifice Old Fat Hens for voodoo?

GM's are invisible and invulnerable by default, you have to make yourself visible and vulnerable before creatures will respond to targeting normally.

As GM there's no need enter combat anyway, since you can 'wizkill' creatures anyway.

For missions it's better to use a non GM character really.

Thank you so much Zenity! We had realized he was invisible but I bet he's still invulnerable, and that's what was happening. 

• Like 1

Is there an easier way to lower ocean floors? flatten won't go below water much. Maybe lower the water level of the map temporarily? Learning focus area I pushed a sand bar out into the ocean.

Also, anyway for flatten focus area not to plant grass? I tried changing AUXDATA without success.

Back when boat salvage rules were in effect, I thought GM's were able to relocate ships.  I have not been able to find a similar function in WU. Were GM's able to relocate or teleport ships, and if so what method was used?

4 minutes ago, Fineal said:

Back when boat salvage rules were in effect, I thought GM's were able to relocate ships.  I have not been able to find a similar function in WU. Were GM's able to relocate or teleport ships, and if so what method was used?

It is possible that GMs are able to board-as-captain and drive boats even when they are not on permissions. I think I accidentally did this with the knarr on adventure map that people could not drive even when they found the key. It's also possible GMs can manage permissions of boats (inc transfer ownership)  even when they do not own the boat, I will have to recheck that. GMs do not seem to be bound by normal permissions on things. Possibly they can teleport also if they have the boat ID number (or maybe something in GM Tools)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I was hoping there was a way to move a boat a distance without having to sail it there. Thanks Brash!

On 12/27/2015 at 5:17 AM, Fineal said:

I was hoping there was a way to move a boat a distance without having to sail it there. Thanks Brash!

do /help in there somewhere I was sure I saw how to locate a ship via name. And you can also tag objects in the world with your wand and summon them where ever you want. So you could then basically teleport a ship that you tagged to the spot you stand.

Edited by Crustyfoot

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the bold commands below... I've tried it a few different ways in the console and it is not working... just says unknown command.

--- "House Wood" - Will spawn a pre-built house at 80ql. Ignores not being flat. Can make larger than Carpentry restrictions allow. Do not make too large though, the lag from loading a structure like that is BAD. Comes with roof.

--- "House Stone" - Same as above, but stone.

Any help would be appreciated.

44 minutes ago, Meteor_Freak said:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the bold commands below... I've tried it a few different ways in the console and it is not working... just says unknown command.

--- "House Wood" - Will spawn a pre-built house at 80ql. Ignores not being flat. Can make larger than Carpentry restrictions allow. Do not make too large though, the lag from loading a structure like that is BAD. Comes with roof.

--- "House Stone" - Same as above, but stone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Activate ebony wand, right click any item -> item -> create focus zone. they're in the list.

On 10/22/2015 at 0:14 PM, zaaephod said:

Welp, this is kind of dumb, but, in fooling around spawning items in WU, I created a 2000 weight Altar of Three in my inventory. I'm not able to drop it, and  if I try to destroy it, the game says "You can only use that item while it is on the ground." How do I get this thing out of my inventory? lol 

Select the altar of 3 with a second item it will allow you to drop both then click on it and destroy it. Rem you can't drop it alone you need to have atleast 1 other item highlighted with it to get the drop command.

This tread is to long to sift it so here is something new I discovered today. On a pve server creative you can change wagon banners 2 at least Jenn & Molr using the ebony wand.

Go to set data and change data 1 to 1 for jenn and 2 for molr havent found the data yet for hord if any one knows please post

For the life of me, none of these commands work, bind z flight........ bind any key anything and this is a direct link....."FLIGHT is not a supported action". Is my command console broken? I am a level 5 gm. Have tried the other levels, restarts reinstalls, Im stuck. Any help would be awesome

You must use quotation marks:

bind z "flight"

Edited by Jukken

Well that was amazing, I did not catch that, thanks so much, pehaps you also know how to use the weather command I want to change the time to noon, and keep it summer, again yes it works, the answer is dead on the money. Thank you