Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

teleport to your token

The goal is to tunnel out, regardless of the message given to mortals.

Is there a way to spawn creature lairs?

I can create an untyped lair and drop it, but can't seem to adjust the settings.

Okay, so I flattened a huge area for a player, but it created a huge cliff. I find myself having to dig one slope at a time and it's taking FOREVER. The flatten isn't working too well because one side of the cliff goes DEEP into the water and it won't let me flatten that deep. 

What's a quick and easy way to get a nice gentle slope without doing it one dig at a time?

is there a way to change a clay tile so that it doesn't deplete, similiar to clay tiles?

well I completely messed that up, what I meant to say was is there a way to change a sand tile so that it doesn't deplete, similar to clay tiles.

I can't seem to attack monsters as a GM.  I target them but don't start attacking.  What gives?

I can't seem to attack monsters as a GM.  I target them but don't start attacking.  What gives?

Make yourself visible and vulnerable.

Right-click with ebony wand, go to "special," hit "Vulnerable" or whatever it says.

- Instant, infinite, leveling. (TURN OFF YOUR SOUND BEFORE DOING THIS - YOUR EARS WILL BLEED OTHERWISE)

-- Set AUXDATA of your wand to 1.

Okay, I know that I can 'flatten', then I can 'level' from there, but my leveling is only working if I have enough dirt in my inventory (and only if I'm not raising above a certain 'slope'). 

If by 'level' I am bringing DOWN a tile, it only will allow me to do this until I'm encumbered (about 14 dirt), then I have to unload the dirt. 

You say here that setting AUXDATA to 1 gives instant, infinite, leveling?? How? How does that work?

I know how to create focus zone - flatten, but that's so damned buggy with the NW offset that I typically would prefer to do it one tile at a time by hitting 'level' and raising the next tiles. 

So how does this work? I've set my AUXDATA to 1 and all it does it create sand! It also levels in the exact way I've been leveling before, where I'm restricted by my inventory and can only raise above certain slopes (assuming digging skill is what dictates the level). 

How is this different?

Setting auxdata of the ebony wand does two things, it's 'context dependant'.

Using paint terrain auxdata = 1 gives a sand tile, (or tioles depending on the data1 and data2 settings).

Using level with the ebony wand set to auxdata = 1 means that you don't gather, or place dirt, it just magically appears or disappears, if you have dirt in your inventory it'll use that first, but it won't add or need any more.

I'd check and make sure that the data1 and data2 boxes are set to the default -1, just in case that interferes with it somehow, since data1 and data2 can change seemingly randomly at times based on your movements on the server, (I'm sure there's a reason for this, just never worked it out).

Okay, I know that I can 'flatten', then I can 'level' from there, but my leveling is only working if I have enough dirt in my inventory (and only if I'm not raising above a certain 'slope'). 

If by 'level' I am bringing DOWN a tile, it only will allow me to do this until I'm encumbered (about 14 dirt), then I have to unload the dirt. 

You say here that setting AUXDATA to 1 gives instant, infinite, leveling?? How? How does that work?

I know how to create focus zone - flatten, but that's so damned buggy with the NW offset that I typically would prefer to do it one tile at a time by hitting 'level' and raising the next tiles. 

So how does this work? I've set my AUXDATA to 1 and all it does it create sand! It also levels in the exact way I've been leveling before, where I'm restricted by my inventory and can only raise above certain slopes (assuming digging skill is what dictates the level). 

How is this different?

With your ebony wand, with its aux = 1, you do not need dirt or sand in your inventory. if you have that wand active when you level, it'll not create dirt while digging (leveling down), but your inventory needs to not have any dirt/sand in it either. When leveling up, the dirt/sand you have in your inventory will be used up before it ignores more.

The slopes are sadly limited to 298, only normal digging with the wand ignores the slope restriction.

Hope this helps.

J

*EDIT*.. on second thought, don't know what that wand is set to...gonna go test that.

*Editing my edit*  oh my gosh this is wonderful!  Now I can terraform a whole server by myself!!!

Edited by Mitzie

Setting auxdata of the ebony wand does two things, it's 'context dependant'.

Using paint terrain auxdata = 1 gives a sand tile, (or tioles depending on the data1 and data2 settings).

Using level with the ebony wand set to auxdata = 1 means that you don't gather, or place dirt, it just magically appears or disappears, if you have dirt in your inventory it'll use that first, but it won't add or need any more.

I'd check and make sure that the data1 and data2 boxes are set to the default -1, just in case that interferes with it somehow, since data1 and data2 can change seemingly randomly at times based on your movements on the server, (I'm sure there's a reason for this, just never worked it out).

Okay, but you're saying I still have to 'create focus zone' in order for it to work? Is there another way to level rather than going through all the CFZ crap?

And if this is all the CFZ stuff, then it really is no use to me since I've been doing it that way since the beginning. . . . dang. I thought I had just found a quicker way. lol. 

They should remove encumbrance effects from the GM altogether. 

No focus zone needed, just activate the wand, and provided you are standing on a flat tile, you will be able to level the adjacent tile.

Using the ebony wand with auxdata set to 1 is a quick way to level, nut it still requires that one flat tile to start with.

Really, it's no different from using level with a shovel, it's just that hte wand does it so much faster, and when auxdata is set to 1 it does it without picking or placing dirt from inventory.

I've practically stopped terraforming with a sohvel in fact, because you can dig, flatten and level with just an ebony wand and the right settings, you can dig an almost infinite amount of dirt, with no encumberance issues, you can level near impossible slopes and fill in entire lakes, without needing killotonnes of dirt.

You can use a small focus zone 2x2 or so, to begin the process if you wish, since that produces a flat tile surface to work from, but you don't have to, most of the time, only in really difficult situations where rock is involved.

is there anyway to remove the tall walls focus zone from an area? i see no zone to delete. i really hope that its not perm forever

this was done on a deed actually.

Edited by Saiyan

You can destroy the walls quite easily, the focus zone used to create them isn't persistent, it's sort of a one off every time you use it.

I often destroy parts of the walls for gates/gatehouses, and to get rid of those annoying extra wall sections on one side.

pls help.......if i summon animal like spider etc......how range of land ( ?x? ) he occupied?  or its unlimited? 

.....for example - i summon giant spider as BOSS, and i need he stay(be found) in place(forest) where i summoned him (e.g. 20x20tiles large)

Well I want the walls to stay down cuz they return when server restarts

First time upon learning the fog settings were actually a thing, thought to myself,  "I KNEW IT!!! Damn Oracle and his fog spiders!"

Edited by Klaa

for some reason,

bind [KEY] "flight" 

is not working for me. I put it in the console and it said it was saved (used the z key), but nothing happens and there is no actual message in events saying anything happened when I hit the z key. What am I doing wrong?

On 10/22/2015 at 11:14 AM, zaaephod said:

Welp, this is kind of dumb, but, in fooling around spawning items in WU, I created a 2000 weight Altar of Three in my inventory. I'm not able to drop it, and  if I try to destroy it, the game says "You can only use that item while it is on the ground." How do I get this thing out of my inventory? lol 

This has been changed so altar of 3 can be destroyed in inventory now. I did the same thing, Keenan apparently changed it and it works now.

Kat, you still will have to use the normal movement keys! (w,a,s,d,x)

Edited by Cecci

Another question...how do you priest? I have raised faith to 30 and am a follower of Fo. Standing at the Altar of 3 but finding no priest option. Is there something I'm missing?