Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Jbergs Quick Start Guide/Cheat Sheet to being an (ARCH)GM

Hello friends, I thought I'd throw together a little quick start guide for you all!

To note, this will never be an exhaustive guide, a lot of things you'll find through self exploration... this is just to help you get started and clear the fog of confusion on some confusing things!

First of all - you need a wand for most everything.

If you're a Demigod you'll need to give the toon an Ivory Wand.

If you're a ARCH (arch angel) you'll need an Ebony Wand.

In short, Demigods are for data collection for the most part, with some problem solving ability, while arch angels are the "fixers" with spawning abilities.

Here's a list of binds you *absolutely* should have available if you're running a GM toon;

Handy Keybinds
Keybind          Comment
bind [KEY] "flight"  For flying.
bind [KEY] "say #invis" For turning visible/invisible
bind [KEY] "say #chat <optional integer color here>" To chat with colored text. NOTE - only displays for yourself in a PM.
bind [KEY] "weather" Weather GM cheat, can set time of day, rain, fog, wind direction and strength. NOTE - only local, affects only the client it's used on.
bind [KEY] GMTOOL Brings up the all powerful GM Tool. NOTE; Recommended to bind to middle mouse button or something of the like, if you click the button while hovering over an item, you pull up that items/players/tiles data.
bind [KEY] MUTETOOL  Small interface that has a few handy things, quickest shortcut to summon players.
bind [KEY] "say #changemodel gmdark" Spooky GM model. Fun to pop out and scare the poop out of someone!
bind [KEY] "say #changemodel gmnormal" Turn back to the regular player model.

This list affects both Demigods and Arch Angels.

Notable features for Demigods (and up)

- You can Manage permissions / Rename items/bridges etc with no limit.

-- Note; Basically the only thing you cannot change are deed settings.

- Instant mining (you can mine with your wand active)

-- WARNING - you only need ONE mining action to completely remove a vein and turn it into a rock tile!

- "Repairing" mine tiles - instant collapsing.

-- Activate wand -> right click mine tile -> "Repair". Can do on entrances from the outside.

-- WARNING - all items on the tile will get DELETED.

- Instant tracking with more detailed data.

- Can change kingdoms of players remotely

-- Activate wand and right click on your wand again -> Creatures -> Change Kingdoms

-- Make sure you pick the right name first... there's no information what kingdom you change someone from. Only online players.

-- Note - does not trigger /converts. Ignores /converts timer completely.

-- Note - if you use it on yourself, you will go visible if you're invisible.

- #changemodel (as commented in above list) will turn you visible upon use.

- Able to "protect" tiles, making them completely unmodifiable (even to other GM).

-- Activate wand, right click ground tile, choose protect. Does not appear in mines.

- Able to instantly place a wooden mine door.

-- Activate wand -> right click mine tile border -> build door. It will be 9000 strength.

-- Note. This option differs from ebony wands, and does not exist on them.

- Able to bash mine doors.

-- Activate wand -> right click mine door -> Destroy. Will reduce the strength by 2000 per action. (no timer)

-- Note. This option differs from ebony wands, and does not exist on them.

- Able to destroy fences instantly

-- Activate wand -> right click fence -> destroy.

- Able to destroy house walls

-- Activate wand -> right click on wall -> "Wall" -> Destroy.

-- Note; you'll have to do this twice, since each action (no timer) does 50 damage)

- Able to completely destroy (pop) a house instantly.

-- Activate wand -> right click on wall -> "Wall" -> Annihalate -> Destroy structure.

Notable features for Arch Angels.

- Use your Ebony wand. It does practically everything that a Ivory Wand does.

- You can instantly dig with your ebony wand. Completely ignores slopes.

- You can instantly dredge with your ebony wand. Ignores slopes.

- You can instantly disband a deed.

-- Activate wand -> right click token -> settlement -> disband settlement.

-- Note; Will show your name in the event log as the disbander.

- You can found "permanent" settlements - cannot be drained and never runs out of upkeep.

-- Just found a settlement as normal. Look carefully at the page where you name the deed for "make permanent"

- Spawning items.

-- Activate your wand, right click on a ground tile -> specials -> create.

-- Note; you can use * (any character, and any number of characters before/after this) for helping filter. Typing *lock* will get you Boat Lock, Door Lock... etc.

- Creating focus zones

-- Activate wand -> right click ANY item -> create focus zone. Will be made centered on the tile YOU are standing on.

--- "Name" - Just pops up a name in the event log when you enter.

--- "Name with popup" - Same as above, but now also with a popup message that you can set.

--- "NonPVP" - No PvP actions work in this zone. Can probably attack from outside in.

--- "Hota" - Hunt of the ancients. You want to make this one pretty big.

--- "Flatten [DIRT]" - This is a BIG one. Everything in the x-y distance you enter will be raised/lowered to your level as dirt. if you lower through rock, there will be 10 slopes of dirt put on top of the rock layer. Does no longer destroy mines in the zone you flatten. Use with care.

--- "Flatten [ROCK]" - Does the same thing as Flatten [DIRT], but the dirt layer will be removed and there will be rock. Lots of rock.

--- "House Wood" - Will spawn a pre-built house at 80ql. Ignores not being flat. Can make larger than Carpentry restrictions allow. Do not make too large though, the lag from loading a structure like that is BAD. Comes with roof.

--- "House Stone" - Same as above, but stone.

--- "Prem Spawn Only" - Players without premium cannot spawn in this zone. (I.E., tents does not work)

--- "No Build" - What it says on the tin. Includes modifying slopes.

--- "Tall walls" - Usable on settlements. Will create an automatic encirclement of tall stone walls at 80 QL. X, Y are distance from the edge (0 = starts at the edge of the deed)

- Changing terrain type.

-- Activate wand -> right click tile -> specials -> change terrain.

- "Painting" terrain

-- Basically the bulk worker of Change Terrain.

-- Activate wand -> right click tile -> "Paint Terrain" (or use bind [KEY] paint_terrain in console!)

-- Determined by what the active Ebony Wands AUXDATA is set to.

--- Activate wand -> right click your wand -> item -> set data. What number you want to set the AUXDATA to is the number you can find in the list of Change Terrain.

--- You can paint a larger area by setting DATA1 and DATA2 (1->9). If they are 3&3, they will paint a 3x3 area. If they're 9&9, they'll paint a 9x9.

- Instant, infinite, leveling. (TURN OFF YOUR SOUND BEFORE DOING THIS - YOUR EARS WILL BLEED OTHERWISE)

-- Set AUXDATA of your wand to 1.

- Build house walls without spawning materials.

-- Put wand in the Crafting Window with a wall plan as the target.

-- Will always be 80 QL

------

Q&A of Confusions!

On 10/21/2015 at 10:18 PM, Crustyfoot said:

Does not seem evident to me how to spawn a trader. If I spawn a contract I just get told that the use of trader contracts are disabled.

Wand -> right click ground -> specials -> summon

Select "Salesman"

To be continued...

• Like 15

Reserved!

Ask any questions you want, and I'll try to get them answered and added. There's a few more things I want to get added, but this will do for now.

how does changing the wind/strength effect a GM etc, if they can just teleport to the destination. (other then testing)

how does changing the wind/strength effect a GM etc, if they can just teleport to the destination. (other then testing)

mostly entertainment in sailing. some graphical changes for screen shots (flags, for example)

bind [KEY] "weather" - Weather GM cheat, can set time of day, rain, fog, wind direction and strength. NOTE - only local, affects only you.

Does that mean wind for like sailing speed is handled client side than or was that command setup only to only affect 1 user?

Edited by Darklords

Does that mean wind for like sailing speed is handled client side than or was that command setup only to only affect 1 user?

It overrides the wind that is on the server for your GM character. Since you're a GM, you can do cheat-y things like this.

That AUXDATA system is so awful 

But thanks for the nice guide!

I read that you can spawn creatures, say horses, 5-speed with picked out name?

You can spawn horses and set a name when you spawn them.  For the traits you can edit those on any horse after it is created with the ebony wand.

• Like 1

How do you spawn items with enchants? I assume you do that differently or..?

Is there a way to set like the dragons to non-aggressive or a way to make them weaker so that a single player might be able to kill them? If i can not kill them i would like to just set them so they will not attack me, lol 

• Like 3

This is lame but is their a skill edit option too? I may have read over it.

you can adjust skills on a player with the ebony wand.  One skill at a time.

You cannot change the game mechanics for how creatures operate.  Remember that the GM powers were designed to moderate the game and assist, not to actually change the game.  Changing things will 99.9% of the time require you to dig into the code.

• Like 1

You have to be at least arch GM. There is some menu within the ebony wand interface, where you can set a player Adventurer (normal player), Hero, Demigod, High God, Arch Angle or Implementor (DEV) via dropdown.

You have to be at least arch GM. There is some menu within the ebony wand interface, where you can set a player Adventurer (normal player), Hero, Demigod, High God, Arch Angle or Implementor (DEV) via dropdown.

I should have formulated that question better. How is the first GM set? By a server command? The first player to log in? Rolf is personaly logging on to my server to set it....? :P

Well no idea, I guess there is some standard account with all rights.

Are you able to change the weather or wind globally? or is it purely local?

you can adjust skills on a player with the ebony wand.  One skill at a time.

Just to be clear, I would need to be able to have two toons (one gm and the own getting skills set) logged in at the same time to set skills? I could be wrong but this appears to be another problem for folks looking to play single player.

Is it possible I could take advantage of the 5 min logout time after combat to keep one toon in the game world?

Is it possible to turn your only toon into a gm, set the toon's skills, then toggle back out of gm mode?

Can the mission ruler be used to set skills? For example, when a toon examines a gem the toon's skills are set to some value.

Edited by joedobo

Just to be clear, I would need to be able to have two toons (one gm and the own getting skills set) logged in at the same time to set skills? I could be wrong but this appears to be another problem for folks looking to play single player.

Is it possible I could take advantage of the 5 min logout time after combat to keep one toon in the game world?

Is it possible to turn your only toon into a gm, set the toon's skills, then toggle back out of gm mode?

Can the mission ruler be used to set skills? For example, when a toon examines a gem the toon's skills are set to some value.

It would appear that if you do not activate your wand you do not have powers. So just make yourself a GM but don't activate the wand(s). No wand, no magic.

Edited by Clatius