Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

Let Small Anvils 'Add to Crafting Window'

I prefer to put and leave my small anvil on ground next to my forge since it doesn't make sense to haul that thing around when you use it only next to forge anyway. So I would prefer if it had the same ' Add to Crafting Window' option like the large anvil, because otherwise I will always have to pick it up and then fiddle around to place it reasonable again after work is done. And I know I'm not the only one having that problem ... would just be a small step for the devs to add this additional option to the right click menu but a huge leap for wurmkind!

anvil_problem.jpg

Edit: Just found out that the rope tool is the same. It should get also the 'add to crafting window' option when it's on ground (or even in inventory). All those standalone tools that have nice and decorative graphics should also be usable from the floor and not only in inventory, would be a lot more immersive for me.

Edited by Wyndolm
  • Like 9

I do not think, it is good idea. I prefer to use small anvil from inventory.
My favorite anvil belong to basic tool set, what I have in my inventory whole time. I'm using it everywhere, where is need for some small material as nails.
If I will be forced to drop that anvil on land before I will be able to use it, I'm pretty sure, I will forget and lost this favorite anvil soon somewhere on construction site, workshop or elsewhere ...

My favorite anvil belong to basic tool set, what I have in my inventory whole time. I'm using it everywhere, where is need for some small material as nails.

If I will be forced to drop that anvil on land before I will be able to use it, I'm pretty sure, I will forget and lost this favorite anvil soon somewhere on construction site, workshop or elsewhere ...

I think he is asking for the option to add the anvil from outside the inventory. I use my tools the same as you, however adding the option for this for someone who plays in his manner shouldn't be a problem. 

+1 for adding the option.

Sure small anvil should stay usable from inventory, thats not the point. The point is that i also want it to be usable from outside because mine stays usually in the workshop and i don't always want to have to put it in inventory and then back on ground, especially not with the more than subgenious decorating methods in this game.

Even when you're using it from the inventory, the option of right click - add to crafting window could be usefull. I hate dragging it around... although i would definitely leave it on ground if this option was added.

+1

A good suggestion here which would also be helpful for Public houses so that a small anvil could be left on the floor which everyone could then use by adding it to the crafting window.

=Ayes=

+1 would be nice to have the option, people could still drag if that's what they prefer.

I just started rope making and found that the rope tool is the same. I would greatly appreciate if that would get the option to add it to crafting window too so that i can leave it in my rope/cloth/leather workshop. Actually all standalone tools that look good outside inventory should get this added.

• Like 1

I just started rope making and found that the rope tool is the same. I would greatly appreciate if that would get the option to add it to crafting window too so that i can leave it in my rope/cloth/leather workshop. Actually all standalone tools that look good outside inventory should get this added.

Edited by Ostentatio

YES! This is exactly what I was thinking, I would love the ability to use items like the small anvil and rope tool whilst they're on the ground ( like the large anvil ). Having to pick the tools up to use them is annoying ( especially having to reposition them when you're done ). I like having my tools on the ground because it makes it look like an actual workshop instead of just a corner with a forge. 

I created a forum account just to support this.

+1

I like this idea. I have thought the same thing a number of times. You should still be able to use it in your inventory (for those who prefer it that way)

+1

And this wouldn't change that. The OP is asking for the OPTION to add the small anvil to the right-click "Add to Crafting Window" menu.

Honestly in the time it took you to actually add that big red -1, you could have actually READ the OP's post.

There's no rational reason on the planet someone would be against this suggestion...

Ehh, more items on the ground for clutter, people who hate the look of a anvil, more crap to be picked up and cleaned from a disbanded deed, ect. So there are some stupidly low reasons. (Just throwing that out there)

+1 would be nice to see my rare ones.