Sign in to follow this  
Loaded

WurmUnlimited 64bit?

will this be available? if so will you inform me/us how to set this up?

Well, the Wurm Online client is written in java.  That means that it depends on which version of Java you run it with.  If you have the 64bit version of Java installed, that's how the game is run.  I imagine Wurm Online will work the same way.

I think that WU is using 64-bit Java on default (dedicated JVM bundled with game), but it should be replaceable with some effort.

I think that WU is using 64-bit Java on default (dedicated JVM bundled with game), but it should be replaceable with some effort.

Am i mis-reading this or are you saying WU is 64 bit java only? Or it is capable of 64bit or 32bit but modifications need to be done by the user?

Am i mis-reading this or are you saying WU is 64 bit java only? Or it is capable of 64bit or 32bit but modifications need to be done by the user?

I see 64-bit files right now, but replacing 64-bit JVM with 32-bit is matter of replacing some files.

• Like 1

You should not have to do any file swapping at all.
We have just not uploaded any 32-bit depots on steam until today, so none of the testers have seen them. And they will only see them now if they are running 32-bit windows.

• Like 1

Isnt it possible to incorporate this type of "bundled with the game based on system" in wurm online as well? I think at least half of the crash reports in the maintainance section happen due to 64 bit users using 32 bit java. Having it bundled would also make it much easier for people who need both.

It would be a nice thing to add in for WO in the future to reduce the number of support calls that are related to running 32-bit java on a 64-bit machine. 

• Like 3

You should not have to do any file swapping at all.

We have just not uploaded any 32-bit depots on steam until today, so none of the testers have seen them. And they will only see them now if they are running 32-bit windows.

Okay thanks, Got a little worried there as i do not have sufficient means to upgrade my PC in any way right now so im limited to a dinosaur 32 bit system right now. Would'v had to go quickly attempt a refund if this wasn't the case. Glad to hear thats cleared up now.