Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Possibility of balancing priests without overnerfing Nahjo

I have enough contingency plans, so i'm not pointing things out for my market, but for the market on a whole.

Giving more skills won't change a thing, that's all, why would you skill up something on your priest most of us already have on our mains.

If the devs cave in and give cheaper favor to everyone why not. As i said, for myself, it's a win-win, whatever plan they choose to do. For the game though, it will be a mess. And yes, it's a huge window of opportunity, up to them to close it now. Or let it run forever. Removing mining or digging abilities won't change a thing. Skilling up a miner is not as painfull as skilling up a priest. Even more when that priest do a lot of tasks.

The trouble of the new players gods are in their spells, rendering the old gods useless. New spells, faith abilities would have been the way to go, keeping both new and old gods interesting.

The favor items can be fixed as well. Yoyos using only a fraction of a shaft instead of the whole, Veggies being removed from the list of the 'alchemy' items or with lower values, as well as adding some new items made out of the useless wurm materials like lead.

Balance is a whole and the way we play / will keep to play depends on that.

• Like 1

I have to agree that trying to give other priests access to another skill or two isn't going to balance it.  I think in nearly every case, a person with a priest has another character capable of doing the additional task.  It's really a bone that doesn't much.

On a side note, alchemy for Vyn priests? That's not a terribly useful skill even on mains (minus the occasional healing cover and, really, how often do we need healing covers on PvE? If you have a priest, you're willing to commit some money/time into the game, and you probably have a LT weapon).  The only other use I can think of is pots, but then again, blood is valuable enough that you're going to go to someone with 90+ NS, anyway.

i think the option presented that the other priest get half the favor from the Nahjo sac items is fair beyond that leave it alone