Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Tamable, breedable, rideable mini dragons

I have always wanted to keep, tame, ride and have mini dragons in the game as pets/mounts so if someone can come up with that i would for sure love to see what you come up with on them. 

Keep the big dragons like they are these would be smaller versions kind of i guess. :)

Edit: Maybe you can just modify the drake the leave the dragons the way they are..idk have fun with it. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Maybe after you kill a dragon/drake they drop a a few dragon eggs which can be turned into a mount - maybe immortal from aging like the uniques but doesn't give any items if you kill it.

+1 though.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

+1

might even be intesting to have them as flying pets / mounts... for the day when that will come in.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 1

give cows a mini dragon skin, you can breed them too! :)

if this happens il buy WU to play till get my new rig lol. This sounds awesome! Espically if they can fly.

+1

But yes keep these as purely pets/mounts, no dropping items the same as the other uniques ect, just have these as upgraded mounts :)

As to flying, maybe just hovering as you ride them :)

Also have them the next mount up from Hellhorses so make the required Body Control level another step up from Hellhorses :)

Could even go as far as Drakeling Saddles, same purpose as Horse saddles and also Dragon Reins (Dragon version of a Bridle).

Edited by Jakeii

I have always wanted to keep, tame, ride and have mini dragons in the game as pets/mounts so if someone can come up with that i would for sure love to see what you come up with on them. 

Keep the big dragons like they are these would be smaller versions kind of i guess. :)

Edit: Maybe you can just modify the drake the leave the dragons the way they are..idk have fun with it. 

This would actually be really easy, it would only require creating a new creature template if you were going to re-use the drake models.  Or even easier just modify the drake template like this:

private static void createDrakeRedTemplate(final int id, final String name, final String longDesc, final Skills skills) throws IOException {

skills.learnTemp(102, 50.0f);

skills.learnTemp(104, 65.0f);

skills.learnTemp(103, 70.0f);

skills.learnTemp(100, 27.0f);

skills.learnTemp(101, 40.0f);

skills.learnTemp(105, 40.0f);

skills.learnTemp(106, 29.0f);

skills.learnTemp(10052, 80.0f);

skills.learnTemp(1023, 80.0f);

final int[] types = { 3, 7, 9, 12, 14, 18, 27, 30, 32, 41, 43 };

final CreatureTemplate temp = CreatureTemplateFactory.getInstance().createCreatureTemplate(id, name, longDesc, "model.creature.drake.red", types, (byte)6, skills, (short)20, (byte)1, (short)170, (short)100, (short)450, "sound.death.dragon", "sound.death.dragon", "sound.combat.hit.dragon", "sound.combat.hit.dragon", 0.15f, 20.0f, 26.0f, 52.0f, 54.0f, 0.0f, 1.8f, 500, new int[] { 867, 868, 303, 308, 310 }, 40, 99);

temp.setHeadbuttDamString("tailwhip");

temp.setKickDamString("wingbuff");

temp.setAlignment(100.0f);

temp.setArmourType(9);

temp.setEggLayer(true);

temp.setEggTemplateId(103);

temp.setBaseCombatRating(95.0f);

temp.combatDamageType = 2;

temp.setCombatMoves(new int[] { 1, 2, 3 });

temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.07f);

}

I believe this should make red drakes spawn around the world naturally up to 7% of the mob count, and they would be:

• A grazer

Able to swim and be lead

Regenerating

Omnivore

Can climb

Mountable

Domestic

I haven't tested this yet myself, but this should give you a good indication of what needs to be done to make a mod like this.

EDIT: Just tested it, works great, uploading a video now

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7MtDhpCTKU

I'm not yet sure if they will spawn naturally, but they behave as intended in all other aspects.  For anyone who wants this mod, you can download it here

Unzip the downloaded folder, open your server.jar in 7zip, browse to com.wurmonline.server.creatures, and drag CreatureTemplateCreator.class into this package

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 8

This would actually be really easy, it would only require creating a new creature template if you were going to re-use the drake models.  Or even easier just modify the drake template like this:

private static void createDrakeRedTemplate(final int id, final String name, final String longDesc, final Skills skills) throws IOException {

skills.learnTemp(102, 50.0f);

skills.learnTemp(104, 65.0f);

skills.learnTemp(103, 70.0f);

skills.learnTemp(100, 27.0f);

skills.learnTemp(101, 40.0f);

skills.learnTemp(105, 40.0f);

skills.learnTemp(106, 29.0f);

skills.learnTemp(10052, 80.0f);

skills.learnTemp(1023, 80.0f);

final int[] types = { 3, 7, 9, 12, 14, 18, 27, 30, 32, 41, 43 };

final CreatureTemplate temp = CreatureTemplateFactory.getInstance().createCreatureTemplate(id, name, longDesc, "model.creature.drake.red", types, (byte)6, skills, (short)20, (byte)1, (short)170, (short)100, (short)450, "sound.death.dragon", "sound.death.dragon", "sound.combat.hit.dragon", "sound.combat.hit.dragon", 0.15f, 20.0f, 26.0f, 52.0f, 54.0f, 0.0f, 1.8f, 500, new int[] { 867, 868, 303, 308, 310 }, 40, 99);

temp.setHeadbuttDamString("tailwhip");

temp.setKickDamString("wingbuff");

temp.setAlignment(100.0f);

temp.setArmourType(9);

temp.setEggLayer(true);

temp.setEggTemplateId(103);

temp.setBaseCombatRating(95.0f);

temp.combatDamageType = 2;

temp.setCombatMoves(new int[] { 1, 2, 3 });

temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.07f);

}

I believe this should make red drakes spawn around the world naturally up to 7% of the mob count, and they would be:

• A grazer

Able to swim and be lead

Regenerating

Omnivore

Can climb

Mountable

Domestic

I haven't tested this yet myself, but this should give you a good indication of what needs to be done to make a mod like this.

EDIT: Just tested it, works great, uploading a video now

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7MtDhpCTKU

I'm not yet sure if they will spawn naturally, but they behave as intended in all other aspects.  For anyone who wants this mod, you can download it here

Unzip the downloaded folder, open your server.jar in 7zip, browse to com.wurmonline.server.creatures, and drag CreatureTemplateCreator.class into this package

Any chance you can make them fly? Otherwise still pretty friggin great work dude :).

EDIT: Also anyway to play with how fast they can go or is that just a standard setting in the code?

Edited by roarkindrake
  • Like 1

flying will be tough, but if he does it awsome, id love 3d mines also hehe

Any chance you could tweak this to be compatible with Ago's mod loader?

file link is dead,

would love a mod loader version!

also need to stop all dragons from bashing

• Like 2

yeah a modloader version would be great, and maybe with the function that just gm´s can spawn them. i would give this ridable dragons to players with the 1. skill 100

Any chance there is another download link? Would love to have this mod!

You could just use the crown of might, its hard work to breed dragons but well worth it.

Would need to edit SpawnTable and add the new creatures to whatever tiles you would want to get them to show up on the map naturally. Just a matter of changing some of the Int's to whatever you want them to do like no bashing and such

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Would need to edit SpawnTable and add the new creatures to whatever tiles you would want to get them to show up on the map naturally. Just a matter of changing some of the Int's to whatever you want them to do like no bashing and such

I'm a little inept when it comes to java. Furthest I've gotten was decompiling the class files, changing up the class files for drakes to make them tameable, passive and grazers but I have zero idea on how to go about compiling it back to .class file. It's autosaving as .java

It all depends on what IDE you use as to how to compile the code.

6 hours ago, Governor said:

It all depends on what IDE you use as to how to compile the code.

Right now I'm using Eclipse. Going to fiddle around with it some more tonight to see if I can get it figured out