Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Deity change option

Added option for Nahjo to change deity due to them no longer being able to do some actions that they were incorrectly able to perform due to a bug. Deities receive random affinities and apparently Nahjo received few resource gathering ones. When the bug was fixed this became apparent. From being a very popular deity Nahjo may now become more balanced and we want to  offer a conversation because of that.

Allowed sacrificing on empty altars so that the actions can be stacked more easily.

Added sorting of players in categories in manage screen (except manually added).

When you ‘apply changes’ with someone with ‘manage item’ it will now auto-tick rest of options (except deny all).

Removed message (on PvE) about needing 1 guard to enforce permissions.

Made it possible to price iron keys.

Fix so you cant attack branded animal (unless have permission to do so) (PvE).

Fix so you can repair and improve items in your inventory whilst on deeds.

Allow moving items from inventory to other containers without checking for pickup permission.

Reset bridge id for creatures and items when a bridge part is destroyed.

Removed switch skill as an option. (staff <-> spear).

Fix for managing animals so deed “Manage allowed objects” works on them.

Added a check for PvE so that you cannot Tame/Charm/Dominate a branded animal without the branded deeds permission.

Spells lists are now sorted.

Animal may ride permission allows leading (and riding) anywhere…

Fix for loosing skill when destroying bridges parts.

Fix so branded animals (on PvE) cannot be sacrificed.

Fix so only certain animals can be given equipment (left option there for others with the hope of saddlebags in the future!)

• Like 1

Well now nahjo has no resource gathering at all 

Edit: Also what was this about if they were not meant to mine..

07/10/15:

• Fix for Nahjo flattening / leveling in caves.
Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Well now nahjo has no resource gathering at all 

Edit: Also what was this about if they were not meant to mine..

07/10/15:

• Fix for Nahjo flattening / leveling in caves.

Exactly Kegan - this is beyond absurd. Now their God won't allow them to do something that was fixed just a few days ago?

What is the point in trying to play like this?

It also begs the question. If Nahjo priest's now have no resource gathering, has the same change also been applied to all the other faiths? And if not, why not?

I am not suggesting that all the faith's priest loose their resource gathering skills, but rather than Nahjo's are restored. A lot of people have created, switched priest's faith to, Nahjo priests based no how they where. Just allowing a switch to another faith is not compensation - they have lost their old faith and spent time re-gaining it, and in all probability are not back to the same level unless they have joined one of the more organized sermon groups.

Edited by Wulfmaer

Which resource gathering abilities did nahjo lose?

Edited by McGarnicle

Well they are restarting the server..

06:20:26] The server is shutting down in 600 seconds. Reason: Nahjo tweaks considerations. Quick restart.

lets hope they give us back the mining 

• Like 1

[12:24:38] Nahjo would not approve of that.

For mining, woodcutting and digging.

<Rolf>GG

nahjo is overpowered with spells atm, i have a nahjo priest.

but since it gained the spells its made fo, and mag pretty much worthless as u can do all the spells on one account.

and sacraficing crops for favor is way way to easy.

• Like 1

Not true shakys - for you personally, but it all depends on what spells you want/need/use from the full available pool.  For me personally, no one priest fits the bill.

And yes, veggies for sac is still OP.  Requires a single skill and always yields max QL.  But that argument has been hashed out in full detail several times already and the Devs still seem to feel it's fine.

The player gods were supposed to have Random Spells by design.

As soon as Dev modifies the random list of spells it is no longer random.

Therefore Wurm randomness is broken.

• Like 1

i had mag priest before for strongwall - nahjo now has it

we use our fo priest for genesis and healing and even life transfer - nahjo can do it

u can cast woa  - only advantage is coc from vyn now.

the spells on nahjo need spread around they are well op, don't get me wrong I have went from 3 accounts down to 1 because of it. but I'm just stating the spells list wasn't thought about.

• Like 2

I think this all goes back the the whole player gods thing anyway and why everyone was upset to start with over them. Now they are seeing that they might not have been such a good thing after all and that they dilute the current system.

If you are going to have jumbled up spell lists anyway then just let us just make a priest and pick from different spells as we level up the faith.  

• Like 3

I think this all goes back the the whole player gods thing anyway and why everyone was upset to start with over them. Now they are seeing that they might not have been such a good thing after all and that they dilute the current system.

If you are going to have jumbled up spell lists anyway then just let us just make a priest and pick from different spells as we level up the faith.  

Too bad they didn't listen to the cries for developer oversight at the inception of player-gods.

2qdDUkc.gif

Too bad indeed.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 3

• Due to a permissions bugfixwhich balanced Nahjo the deity lost the ability to mine and cut down trees. We hardcoded those back for now while we consider options.

Edited by DKSprocket

When you ‘apply changes’ with someone with ‘manage item’ it will now auto-tick rest of options (except deny all).

Fix so you cant attack branded animal (unless have permission to do so) (PvE).

Fix so you can repair and improve items in your inventory whilst on deeds.

Nice fixes!

=Ayes=

Patch notes are nice, but why you continue to be vague and not tell us exactly what changes you make is beyond me.

• Like 1

I think you should continue to confuse, miscommunicate and frustrate your player base right before you release WU.... man that's a great business model.  

• Like 4

Player gods are a complete freaking disaster and this should have been obvious from the start. A completely randomized god cannot be expected to be coherent or balanced in the slightest, not to mention the bugs we've had to deal with concerning Nahjo (mycelium, and now this).

The original gods at least have some kind of theme to each of them, and were actually, you know, designed. The player gods are a ridiculous mish-mash of random things that don't make any thematic sense and lead to balance issues. I'll go so far as to say they should either be completely removed, or some kind of actual thought process should go into creating them, with input from the ascending player, instead of just randomizing everything.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 5

Nahjo is the worst priest for pvp.  His spell list consists of almost entirely enchants, genesis, and strongwall. He has very few pvp relevant spells, and the few that he does have consist mainly of buffs rather than offensive/heal spells.  The player gods were added by the actions of players on epic, and are an epic feature.  It makes absolutely no sense to nerf the worst priest on epic further, just because it's out of balance on a cluster that it was not intended for.  Now nahjo priests are absolutely useless for pvp on epic, the cluster that made nahjo priests a thing.  He cant dig, he cant mine, he cant woodcut, he cant catapult, he is absolutely useless  and underpowered for pvp.  If it's freedom that has an issue with nahjo, because they think it's overpowered to have lots of enchants, then just remove player gods from freedom and offer all current player god priests a convert to a different priest.  Dont further nerf the worst priest into even deeper uselessness. 

And for anyone who may ask, no I am not a nahjo priest, yet still I find this ridiculous. 

Tosiek and Nathan are both pvp viable priests, tosiek being essentially a cross between lib and fo, and nathan being essentially a cross between mag and fo, but nahjo is sort of a cross of the sac item of lib, and the enchants of fo/vyn/mag, but none of the spells that are useful in pvp.  His only current use is enchanting, and nothing more.

• Like 2

My suggestion is for Rolf to just admit that player deity priests was a fun idea that BOMBED and was not sustainable in the long term (can you imagine even 10 deity priest selections?).  Give all player deity priests a free convert (with no loss of faith) to the core deities and remove the ability for anyone to become a player deity priest.  Leave the deities, avatars, missions, etc. in the game as a token of thanks for the players who became them and for future attempts - just remove being able to make a priest of any of them.  That would limit the ascension effect to Valrei and keep the core priest role balanced and functional.  That seems the best solution to a very dirty mess.

Nahjo is the worst priest for pvp.  His spell list consists of almost entirely enchants, genesis, and strongwall. He has very few pvp relevant spells, and the few that he does have consist mainly of buffs rather than offensive/heal spells.  The player gods were added by the actions of players on epic, and are an epic feature.  It makes absolutely no sense to nerf the worst priest on epic further, just because it's out of balance on a cluster that it was not intended for.  Now nahjo priests are absolutely useless for pvp on epic, the cluster that made nahjo priests a thing.  He cant dig, he cant mine, he cant woodcut, he cant catapult, he is absolutely useless  and underpowered for pvp.  If it's freedom that has an issue with nahjo, because they think it's overpowered to have lots of enchants, then just remove player gods from freedom and offer all current player god priests a convert to a different priest.  Dont further nerf the worst priest into even deeper uselessness. 

And for anyone who may ask, no I am not a nahjo priest, yet still I find this ridiculous. 

Tosiek and Nathan are both pvp viable priests, tosiek being essentially a cross between lib and fo, and nathan being essentially a cross between mag and fo, but nahjo is sort of a cross of the sac item of lib, and the enchants of fo/vyn/mag, but none of the spells that are useful in pvp.  His only current use is enchanting, and nothing more.

The priest is maybe useless at pvp but on pve its op compared to other priest, send genesis & life transfer back to fo priests, strongwall back to mag, and woa back to vyn.

its made other priests that was vital in the game reluctant.

then take whatever pvp spells u want ;p

• Like 1

genesis is fine but when it comes to lt and ms we need 2 priests to be able to cast it .i only converted my bl priest to nahjo for the genesis

Edited by wasntme

The priest is maybe useless at pvp but on pve its op compared to other priest, send genesis & life transfer back to fo priests, strongwall back to mag, and woa back to vyn.

its made other priests that was vital in the game reluctant.

then take whatever pvp spells u want ;p

And meanwhile the people that converted to Nahjo (from 100 Faith Fo in my case), grinded faith to 70+ (71 in my case due to no sermon availability) and spent the last 5 months grinding Mining and Farming on that new Nahjo are just screwed in the process?  A free conversion with no faith loss to another deity isn't enough.  So we're just supposed to suck it up because Rolf and team made a mistake?

• Like 2

i agree there should be a conversion or something, biggest issue i find was the veg for sacrafice was far to easy to just spam out casts.

i have a nahjo myself i just feel sorry for all these old accounts that were mag fo etc that are pretty much reluctant at the moment.

but in saying that the people who has went nahjo has managed to get there channelling up faster due to veg, and had the all spells that they would normally pay for multiple accounts to do the same thing so have saved money in another sense. so I wouldn't complain having to start from 0 faith if I did convert.

Edited by shakys

Sign in to follow this