Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Can we please have an official explanation about the state of Nahjo priests

"we want to  offer a conversation because of that."

If in place of conversation:conversion was written, I would think

Well they are offering you to convert back to the priest you were with the faith you have on your nahjo, what's the problem?

But seeing the word "conversation", I don't know.

Edited by Hashirama

(slow hand clap) well done, good job. After the permissions blunder HMS Wurm crashes into another Iceberg.

Did you some how buy EQ's nerf hammer on the cheap? See how much good that did them.

Even if Nahjo could ONLY mine, or ONLY cut trees, or ONLY DIG, I'd still be screaming that Nahjo is OP.

Did i forget something ?

For pve , nothing, absolutly nothing can compare to a Nahjo priest.

Nahjo doesn't have CoC, Vyn still wins there and CoC is useful on every single tool. Every single one of them. Woa is useful on a lot of tools too and sure, Nahjo has that, but why would I want a Woa tool without CoC on it? Sure, Nahjo is better at enchanting weapons than Vyn, but on PvE what is the ratio of tools to weapons the average player has? For me it's 1 weapon to around 25 tools. And for armor Nahjo doesn't have Web Armor so I can't say that he's special in that area either. What he does excel at is utility, Courier, strongwall and genesis.

So I'd say he's good when it comes to enchants, close to Vyn, but not overtaking her due to a lack of an enchant which increases skill gain on tools. His utility is great, which makes him a very strong PvE priest, but it doesn't feel like an OP list to me. I'll take my vyn priest over a nahjo priest any day for the enchants.

The sac item does sound really good, but then consider that Lib has the same sac item and has a spell which puts both CoC and Woa on your tools.. If anything Nahjo should probably lose the ability to farm so he can't make his own sac item, but on the other hand Mag can mine and then make his locks and Fo can farm and then make his sac item, so there is a precedence for making your own sac items.

Edited by Ecrir

Nahjo doesn't have CoC, Vyn still wins there and CoC is useful on every single tool. Every single one of them. Woa is useful on a lot of tools too and sure, Nahjo has that, but why would I want a Woa tool without CoC on it? Sure, Nahjo is better at enchanting weapons than Vyn, but on PvE what is the ratio of tools to weapons the average player has? For me it's 1 weapon to around 25 tools. And for armor Nahjo doesn't have Web Armor so I can't say that he's special in that area either. What he does excel at is utility, Courier, strongwall and genesis.

So I'd say he's good when it comes to enchants, close to Vyn, but not overtaking her due to a lack of an enchant which increases skill gain on tools. His utility is great, which makes him a very strong PvE priest, but it doesn't feel like an OP list to me. I'll take my vyn priest over a nahjo priest any day for the enchants.

The sac item does sound really good, but then consider that Lib has the same sac item and has a spell which puts both CoC and Woa on your tools.. If anything Nahjo should probably lose the ability to farm so he can't make his own sac item, but on the other hand Mag can mine and then make his locks, so there is a precedence for making your own sac items.

Good points, one thing is like to point out though is our (vyn) favor fain vs Nahjo. We get completely destroyed.

With that said the most fun I've had in a priest personally would be Fo, his utility (that Nahjo now has mostly...) along with alchemy (my favorite skill, why isn't it available to all priest...) and "Fo" himself are really cool to me. Sadly, I no longer prem my Fo as he's worthless really to me. :/

Good points, one thing is like to point out though is our (vyn) favor fain vs Nahjo. We get completely destroyed.

With that said the most fun I've had in a priest personally would be Fo, his utility (that Nahjo now has mostly...) along with alchemy (my favorite skill, why isn't it available to all priest...) and "Fo" himself are really cool to me. Sadly, I no longer prem my Fo as he's worthless really to me. :/

Want to sell me snug so, if thats the one? (serious offer, pm price)

Nahjo in summary

PVE: Overpowered due to best enchants and utility spells, desire for nerf is based on his impact on the freedom economy

PVP: Underpowered (worst priest) with few pvp relevant spells, the ones it has being not particularly useful, is never used for pvp

If you are going to balance nahjo, keep this in mind, as a blanket nerf to nahjo renders him even more useless on pvp servers, while buffing him makes it unfair to freedom.

Rather than a buff or a nerf, any change to nahjo would need to be some kind of tweak that makes him more pvp viable, while also making his spells/abilities fair in comparison to other priests on freedom, and fair to those who've invested time in grinding a nahjo priest.

there is no desire for any kind of NERF in any shape form or fashion,, if you want to balance then do so but do not take away what people have :wacko:

When WU comes out, don't think this at all matters because majority pve will go to single player and there will be no more market.

Just a opinion, prediction, not related on facts but on assumptions... Just thought I'd make that explicitly clear.. Lol

When WU comes out, don't think this at all matters because majority pve will go to single player and there will be no more market.

Just a opinion, prediction, not related on facts but on assumptions... Just thought I'd make that explicitly clear.. Lol

A majority won't, and more people will be coming to WO after a few months pass with a increasing flow 8-10 months out.

Not a excuse not to try something out anyway, if that was the case should of stopped years ago for both groups.

Cropsac (Cheezymode) still works.

Spell list has not changed.

Still can not dig.

Still can not use alchemy.

Still can pave.

Still can cultivate.

Still can woodcut.

Still can mine.

Still can farm.

Still can tame.

Recent update checklist 8:15am MST (-7 GMT), October 13:

Cropsac (Cheezymode) still works.

Spell list has not changed.

Still can not dig.

Still can not use alchemy.

Still can pave.

Still can cultivate.

Still can woodcut.

Still can mine.

Still can farm.

Still can tame.

Edited by Dairuka

any new info from dev/rolf on nahjo ?  please don't nerf anything/one....