Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Can we please have an official explanation about the state of Nahjo priests

• Added option for Nahjo to change deity due to them no longer being able to do some actions that they were incorrectly able to perform due to a bug. Deities receive random affinities and apparently Nahjo received few resource gathering ones. When the bug was fixed this became apparent. From being a very popular deity Nahjo may now become more balanced and we want to  offer a conversation because of that.

Nahjo priests still can't mine after today's patch. Does this mean that Nahjo priests were never supposed to be able to mine, but you somehow forgot to tell us during the past five months?

Edit - new patch reinstated mining and woodcutting with this note:

• Due to a permissions bugfix which balanced Nahjo the deity lost the ability to mine and cut down trees. We hardcoded those back for now while we consider options.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 1

I would also be interested in some form of explanation, as this change has completely nerfed Nahjo players ability to gain crucial body stats. Without such characteristics, this makes them pretty much useless for PvP, may as well remove their offensive casting abilities and replace those with non-pvp oriented spells?

Edited by Yarnball

Well so what can they do now? I just got my mag converted priest up to 70 faith yesterday doing it the slow five a day way and now you are telling me that my last 100 days has been nerfed right at the end? 

As it stands now Nahjo can't mine, woodcut, or dig - so what exactly are they supposed to be able to do?

I for one converted a 92 Faith Mag priest with an affinity in mining, 92 mining skill, and 60 prospecting because you have virtually made being a Mag priest a total waste of time. I believe that is true for almost everyone. I have been busy now for about two weeks and my charachter is just coming back up at 53.5 faith, and suddenly can't use mining and prospecting skills I have spent unbelievable amounts of time on?

If you are really telling me you have once again moved the goalposts after I made gaming decisions based on ALL the current game information, including what is listed in the Wiki, then what is the point in playing further? Is this really just a game where the rules are changed on a whim without warning, nullifying gaming decisions and strategies just like that?

If it is I would like a clear answer that is the case, because that makes any game unplayable.

Sometimes it's like you guys are literally trying to dream up ways to push paying gamers away - it's incredible.

So what is your plan now? Do I get my 92 Faith Mag priest back, and compensation for all the time and wasted effort expended simply playing by the rules YOU set? Or what?

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 12

As it stands now Nahjo can't mine, woodcut, or dig - so what exactly are they supposed to be able to do?

Sometimes it's like you guys are literally trying to dream up ways to push paying gamers away - it's incredible.

This is really beyond being a joke. Is it just Nahjo that can now do little more than stand by the altar and weep? Or have the other faiths also received the same treatment?

Every week they try to have fun with us.

No wonder i am going on my personal server, where hopefully i will be allowed to design my own priests.

Edited by Gaul

idk. 

EVERYONE converted to Nahjo cuz it was OP. They now balanced it.

You can /transfer back to your old faith if you have problems.

I think this decision is better than some we've seen in the past.

• Like 4

I decided to become a Nahjo priest in good faith.  I chose Nahjo as I needed a priest with the ability to look after my stud farm.

As I can no longer cut wood, and unpack dirt, all my horses are running out of grass and will die.

I feel we should have been consulted before such a change.

I have invested premium and time and effort into this character and no form of compensation or remedy has been offered.

Changes like this should not have been left until the last hour - too much emotional investment has already gone into my character.

I think that this decision should now be reversed and the 'bug' brought back, as this is the more popular decision.

A character can hardly be considered more 'balanced' when it leaves so many players feeling unsettled and angry.

More people would be comforted by a reversal back to how things were, than those few if any who would be upset by a return to the supposed lack of balance between the priests.

• Like 4

I feel for you all, you spent a lot of time to grind to a new priest, but a conscious decision was made to follow a deity that was very well clearly OP. There has been an avalanche of criticism for how much Nahjo has affected the markets for priests. 

• Like 6

[13:19:57] The server is shutting down in 600 seconds. Reason: Nahjo tweaks considerations. Quick restart.

• Like 1

+1 on this some warning would have been nice

This is Wurm... Hype and Damage Control are all they can do.

Edited by Dairuka

First of all, i'm not saying that this hasty Nahjo nerf was fair to everyone playing the priest. But during these last few months it was very clear that Nahjo was way too OP, it even drove the market way down for other former high value priests such as Vynora and the like.

And so it should not be surprising that a nerf was in order, and you should be ready to deal with the consequences if you made the choice to switch to an apparent soon-to-be nerfed priest from the start.. i do however wish if the Wurm team approached this with more care that the sudden update, but the ability to switch to other religions is nice tho

• Like 2

idk. 

EVERYONE converted to Nahjo cuz it was OP. They now balanced it.

You can /transfer back to your old faith if you have problems.

I think this decision is better than some we've seen in the past.

I have 5 priests.  None of them are Nahjo....

First of all, i'm not saying that this hasty Nahjo nerf was fair to everyone playing the priest. But during these last few months it was very clear that Nahjo was way too OP, it even drove the market way down for other former high value priests such as Vynora and the like.

And so it should not be surprising that a nerf was in order, and you should be ready to deal with the consequences if you made the choice to switch to an apparent soon-to-be nerfed priest from the start.. i do however wish if the Wurm team approached this with more care that the sudden update, but the ability to switch to other religions is nice tho

Everything in Wurm is uncertain, random, and without logic. To assume that something is soon-to-be-nerfed is a fallacy.

• Like 1

It was obvious to anyone within the first minute of laying eye on Nahjo's abilities. There were very long forum threads about it that were met with absolute silence from the dev team.

The reasonable way to address the balance issues at this point is to boost the PvE abilities of the other priest types to make them more relevant.

• Like 3

I was hoping that Nahjo priests would get nerfed.  They need to be balanced with the rest of the priests.

True DKSprocket. I don't play any priests but when I saw all the abilities of other priests that were combined into a Nahjo I was pretty flabbergasted at their powers in comparison. Then I watched many switch their priests to them to take advantage of this. Although I think the Devs are taking the wrong approach by removing their ability to mine, dig, chop wood or whatever, I think it would be better to remove some of their power/casting abilities instead.

Well they are doing a patch on this right now so I guess those priests will just have to wait for the results. Maybe it will be more reasonable, who knows...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

To assume it's the players responsibility to predict what kind of action the dev team would take is idiotic.  Nahjo preist should never have been put in the game if their skills weren't already balanced. And that is nobodys fault but the designers.  Giving them the option to switch to another faith is not going to make up for the time lost, And confusion as they try to figure out how to apply their preists again. 

In my opinion the nahjo preist was the first type of preist this game ever had that was worth playing.  And the others should have been given additional skills to make them enjoyable to play as well.  But instead were kicked back to the same old useless boring preists that can barely manage to cast a couple worthwhile spells.

Way to go on that one.

• Like 1

Well as bad as i hate to say it and dont want it to change the op part of nahjo has nothing to do with the spell list imo..it is the favor items. 

D'oh. Was a bug on my part. They didn't get the sac. Darn it.

Woodcutting is back.

Still no digging.

Spells haven't changed.

Mining is back.

Edited by Dairuka