Sign in to follow this  
Benzo

Allow connect global chat to private servers?

Is this possible to connect to the global freedom chat from wurm online to your own wurm unlimited?

• Like 1

They are entirely separate entities so I would fully assume that would be a no.

horrible horrible idea aside, no, they will not be connected in any way shape or form.

beyond the trolling and whatever, servers can have copies of the same name, so youd have issues with that too

• Like 3

f1 -> irc

Wow, all this time and I had no idea this was a feature.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Maybe cool to have the WU global chat, but not connected to WO as it will cause more confusion

• Like 2

You will probably be able to make global chats among your own hosted WU clusters I'd assume.

If not then people would just have to use alliance chats, irc, or teamspeak i guess

IRC would be most easily used. Any WO/WU clients could access the same IRC channel; password protections would be an option. You would also be able to stay connected to your chat by using any other computer or smartphone from outside the game.

Don't know why everyone's hating on your idea so much.. No, obviously it's not currently possible, but could be set up / written. You'd just add the mod to your server and then share chat with all others who have it. The only thing other than writing the code that would need to happen is, a dedicated server to handle the chat would have to be set up, to relay the messages back and forth.

Sure, we could be negative and say people will troll, but I'm quite sure server GMs / owners would quiet anyone before it actually became an issue. Or just ignore them, we're all big boys and girls. Also, I highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble to set up a server and the mod JUST to troll chat..

• Like 1

We'll have to wait for the game release to find out what's possible, but I'm pretty sure you will have global chat on a server, and possibly across all servers that are linked together.  But asking for WU server chat to connect to WO servers' chat is almost certainly unrealistic.

Edited by Ricowan

Does WO use IRC in the background today? If my own dedicated WU server could connect to an IRC-server and channel of choice I would be so happy :)