Sign in to follow this  
Wreck

Nahjo Channeling Grinding

I'm a new Nahjo priest (54 faith now, and 37 channeling).  I'm looking for some assistance on the best way to grind channeling from here.  It seems a few things I try, neither is better than the other.  So I started thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong.  

I have a ton of 95ql veggies for sac.  I am at 99 nutrition.  I have tried both with SB and without.  I cast light token until bar is empty, then sac veggies for a full bar, rinse and repeat.  With and without SB, I still only get 0.0136 each time it ticks, and it doesn't tick everytime.  Maybe 1 in 3 casts. 

Any suggestions on getting more use of my mats and/or better return on the ticks?  Should I do a different spell?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Lurker In The Dark on Seryll Pendulums got me the most gains around that level (Libila though) so you might try that. They apparently do have a chance to shatter, but from 31 to 50 something, I never encountered it with 5 and 8ql Pendulums. 

Nice guide.  I've gotten to 50 channeling now.  Thank you!  I also have a Fo priest, who is currently @ 31 channeling.  Any tips to raise his?  Don't have easy sac items for that one yet.  Need to grind ropemaking I guess.

Nice guide.  I've gotten to 50 channeling now.  Thank you!  I also have a Fo priest, who is currently @ 31 channeling.  Any tips to raise his?  Don't have easy sac items for that one yet.  Need to grind ropemaking I guess.

go the square cloth route, you'll achieve much higher average ql cloths compared to cordage under ropemaking, It is slightly more labour intensive but overall I'd say worth it.

go the square cloth route, you'll achieve much higher average ql cloths compared to cordage under ropemaking, It is slightly more labour intensive but overall I'd say worth it.

Ropemaking is also never rewarding and material cost wise, nothing beats cotton.

1 cotton = 5 yoyos or in this case 3 squares

1 wemp = nada, nothing, not a single rope

Cast power max seems to be 104.  I have a screenshot of a 104 aosp helm, but I'd require hours of digging to find it :unsure:

Also, the benefit of dominate is mostly that the casting costs 2 favor when you fail, so you just gotta get a lava fiend or hell scorp.  Dominate worked flawlessly for me as a Mag priest to get 70 channeling.  After that I started succeeding too much and just went to tossing fa on all my arrows and aosp on all my spare armor, and made some spare lurker pendulums and ended up around 80 channeling

• Like 1

Its not really mentioned but.... gems.

Most people like to go for the mindless fill favour spam vessel on the sub 10ql gems.

I prefer having the nice 90+ql gems and use the min favour method to efficiently whittle them down until they are in the sub 10ql category. It requires actual attention when vesselling but even a few gems can give decent amounts of skill gain.