Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

not stop leading animals after embark

Please consider this change! It will make a world of difference.

I recently went on a boat trip to pick up some wemp. I brought a pair of horses to hitch to a wagon to help the transport of the wemp to the boat (the seller there was a wagon i could use but only 2 horses). I stopped leading the horses multiple times for various reasons. Once, I hopped off the boat to check my compass and when i got back on i forgot that it would cause me to stop leading the horses...after about 5-10 mins of sailing i realized that I didnt have the horses so i had to go back. Good think the horses had saddles, or I would have lost them for good right there. Later, after getting off the boat, I rode one horse while leading the other. I travelled for 5 mins or so and realized I had stopped leading the horse part of the way...at the time, it was an unknown reason as the horse was just sitting there in the middle of the road. After thinking about it i realized the horse had the trait that makes it stop leading randomly. There were several other times where i had to re-lead the horses but remembered to do so...

In the end, that horse with the bad trait, was lost on the way home because it stopped leading and I didnt notice until i got back home. It had some decent gear on it too...

It is a pain to have to worry that you will lose your horses on such a journey, especially out in the middle of the water. Leading should be permanent until you choose to stop leading. Horses should not get caught on the corners of fences or houses, or stop leading for any reason other than when I chose to. Even that trait seems silly since the rope is tied to the horse. I don't see how it would get out of that because of its "strong will" or whatever it is. Make it so that led horses (or other animals) become tethered and can pass through walls/fences. Please.

• Like 2

At the very least I wish the text telling you that you stop leading is highlighted.

• Like 2

+1 maybe this could be helpful for you guys in the meantime: I use Wurm assistant and every time "stop leading" may be read in the event window, I have a sound telling me that my horse is unleashed. Have worked for me anyway.

Huge +1 to the OP!

Please consider this change! It will make a world of difference.

I recently went on a boat trip to pick up some wemp. I brought a pair of horses to hitch to a wagon to help the transport of the wemp to the boat (the seller there was a wagon i could use but only 2 horses). I stopped leading the horses multiple times for various reasons. Once, I hopped off the boat to check my compass and when i got back on i forgot that it would cause me to stop leading the horses...after about 5-10 mins of sailing i realized that I didnt have the horses so i had to go back. Good think the horses had saddles, or I would have lost them for good right there. Later, after getting off the boat, I rode one horse while leading the other. I travelled for 5 mins or so and realized I had stopped leading the horse part of the way...at the time, it was an unknown reason as the horse was just sitting there in the middle of the road. After thinking about it i realized the horse had the trait that makes it stop leading randomly. There were several other times where i had to re-lead the horses but remembered to do so...

In the end, that horse with the bad trait, was lost on the way home because it stopped leading and I didnt notice until i got back home. It had some decent gear on it too...

It is a pain to have to worry that you will lose your horses on such a journey, especially out in the middle of the water. Leading should be permanent until you choose to stop leading. Horses should not get caught on the corners of fences or houses, or stop leading for any reason other than when I chose to. Even that trait seems silly since the rope is tied to the horse. I don't see how it would get out of that because of its "strong will" or whatever it is. Make it so that led horses (or other animals) become tethered and can pass through walls/fences. Please.

Omg this happened to me 2 and it's srsly frustrating!! Something needs 2 change or idk what I'll do

+1, this looks like an odd bug: you can lead while embarked, you continue leading when you disembark, wut when you embark back... you lose all your animals.

+1, and indeed sounds like it is actually a bug when looking at disembark > leading remains.