Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

What Will Keep You Playing Wurm Online?

So, I am wondering what will keep people playing Wurm Online when Wurm Unlimited is released.

Although I spend most of my time in-game doing my own thing with little conversation with others, I do like the fact that they are around playing the game, building and shaping the environment. Then I can travel around the local area and observe their progress, admiring what they have accomplished. I have always preferred MMO's because the many players contribute a diverse sort of life to the game, Wurm exhibiting this more than others since players transform the servers by their efforts.

Now joining someone else's server in WU would not appeal to me because then I would be under their approval and control in some manner to remain there, where with Wurm if I just pay my way and don't grief other players that is enough and I don't need any further approval. So joining someone's WU server is not something I would even consider.

Then there is the appeal of playing WU as a single player game on one's private server that would be totally built by one's own creative efforts and design, which nobody else could mess with. Yet I remember the isolating feeling of Skyrim where the world seemed an empty place because of the lack of other players within it. So, I can see myself playing WU to create my own world undisturbed but for my "people fix" I imagine I would continue playing Wurm Online.

What say you?

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 10

The things that would keep me playing Wurm Online would have to be my villagers and alliance members, along with the time I have invested into the online game.

I do I think I'd get bored quickly if I played Wurm Unlimited, especially if I played it solo.

the fact that wurm will be even better when all the people that don't contribute to anything but themselves leave the community forever \o/

• Like 4

Playing on Epic will keep me on WO.

Seeing the Epic player base grow would solidify the stay.

• Like 5

The thought of being the only one left on the Celebration server!  :lol:

• Like 1

The kingdom im in, the history and memories of the server I live on, and the villages and deeds I have built on Chaos. 

Also my hat :3

• Like 2

The thought of being the only one left on the Celebration server!  :lol:

Not gonna happen :D

Oh and my reason... besides totally agreeing with Ayes i would also stay for the ally and my friends (which includes Jonydowy XD)  :)

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 2

What say you?

You pretty much summed it up perfectly for me.

Still undecided if I will continue playing WO though. But time will tell.

I made a suggestion many years ago which seems to becoming more feasible...

It was that we would each have our own instanced map for our deed, but we could portal to the main WurmOnline map for community projects, PVP, and hunting. (Like the EPIC portal)

Seems a bit more fitting with WU.

• Like 2

I'll play both. Need something to do when WO is offline or between restarts.  :P

I'm wondering why you're making so many posts about the same thing.

• Like 1

The reason that will keep me playing Wurm is the Kingdom i am in on Epic and the community of this game in general. I am very much excited about WU though, because it will provide another option: shaping and terraforming a private server just how i want to. With WO providing an option to interact with people and be part of a community and with WU providing the "creative mode" and the "single player mode", Wurm just will have a wider variety in how to play this game, which i am really looking forward to. The community is the thing, i appreciate and like the most about Wurm, that is why i will be playing both, WU and WO.

Edited by AcidinmyFridge
  • Like 2

I would stay in WO, But iv seen much of the ugly side of WO, While there is a good side to it, it is very little and isolated bits and people. The bad outweighs the good to stay here. WU will have much more tight nit communities that will have stuff that matters, As you will know the person or know someone who owns the deed thats up the hill, rather then just seeing them once or twice a week and only passing a few words to one another. 

• Like 2

Chaos PVP. No other reason to play this game.

The Curve.

The things that would keep me playing Wurm Online would have to be my villagers and alliance members, along with the time I have invested into the online game.

I do I think I'd get bored quickly if I played Wurm Unlimited, especially if I played it solo.

Bang on the mark,i am not even buying WU i would be bored very quickly,even the friends i have not met yet knowing there are good people out there i will come to know i have made some really close and awesome people in WO  then any other    online games in over 15 years ,WO  is my baby  :)

• Like 2

Nothing, of course . 16 euro a month for 2 characters and another 5 euro for a deed vs a one time 25 euro payment. Plus in WU there wont be any of these griefers.  Won't miss any of it for a second.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

Cause online games are better then semi online games? 

1. PvP: I'd imagine that very few if any WU servers will reach the populations present on WO's pvp servers.  Without many people, it would be difficult to make pvp/raiding meaningful or enjoyable.

Community: The people who I enjoy playing with will continue to play WO, and so will I.

Investment: Like many people, I've bought accounts. I plan on playing my accounts and have fun in doing so, rather than giving up on them to play WU

Don't get me wrong, I think I'll probably try WU, likely to play a Challenge type server every once in awhile, but I'd be playing primarily WO.  I thought it was really fun to take a break from Epic for a little bit to play Challenge 1 with all of its fast paced action and skillgain, but I prefer Epic for long term play.  To me Wurm's Challenge was a lot like League of Legends' Ultra Rapid Fire.  A fun gamemode to play every once in awhile for a bit of added fun and excitement, but not something you would want to play all the time, since you would probably get bored eventually after feeling like you've done everything and "beat the game" in a way.  Fortunately, WU looks like it will offer a good alternative to Challenge, now that it looks like WO is no longer hosting that event.  Judging by threads and recruitment websites I've seen, I know of at least three servers that will be based on Challenge :) 

• Like 1