Sign in to follow this  
Robique

No CoC water for smithing?

I don't agree with him that you should have to find workarounds because of weird inconsistencies, but his comparison of the tedium is accurate and appropriate.

I agree with you on the first part, we shouldn't be required to find workarounds (less efficient workarounds, might I add).

But that comparison is not accurate whatsoever.

Let me explain my thought process as best as I can:

On one side we have tailoring with 0.20kg strings of cloth. Strings can be combined to utilize the CoC enchant, or can be used individually to use less materials.

On the other side we have plate armour smithing with 0.40kg lumps. Lumps can be combined to utilize the CoC enchant, or can be used individually to use less materials.

(can imp leggings and two sabatons with one lump to make it 0.02kg, then use it to imp a breastplate)

I think we can agree that in both cases above it's a tedious work, that saves up some resources and can't be used efficiently with CoC.

Now, lets get back to the topic of this thread:

On one side we have tailoring with CoC water that works.

On the other side we have smithing with CoC water that doesn't work.

As I said... apples and oranges. I think I made my point.

You made your point and I don't agree with your reasoning.

You'd also still probably have to e-mail Rolf directly to ask about the CoC water because the devs have ignored the same question for a decade.

Ok, lets agree to disagree.

You'd also still probably have to e-mail Rolf directly to ask about the CoC water because the devs have ignored the same question for a decade.

This is such a old topic I think we've both been in 5 of these topics.

Every year... Lol

CoC string is also still usable in many other situations.  Namely the most onerous of tasks, that is skill grinding.

So, really, while there are some similarities, smithing has it worse.

Yeah, I did grind ropemaking to 90+.  Making string sucks.

CoC string is also still usable in many other situations.  Namely the most onerous of tasks, that is skill grinding.

So, really, while there are some similarities, smithing has it worse.

Yeah, I did grind ropemaking to 90+.  Making string sucks.

Making steel sucks too ;)

In the end, having CoC water that can't be used means I'll use up more steel for the same amount of skill, while grinding.

(84 plate armour smithing here)

Making steel sucks too ;)

In the end, having CoC water that can't be used means I'll use up more steel for the same amount of skill, while grinding.

(84 plate armour smithing here)

It does.  Though the amount of steel eaten by skilling, much like cloth tailoring and string, isn't too bad.  It's the imping of legs and chests that eats still like no tomorrow.

(93 plate armor smithing here)

I could do a forum search and necro some buried thread about this, but people usually don't appreciate that sort of thing... weird how that works.

That always makes me chuckle because most forums on the internet you do get blasted for a Necro and if you start a new one you get chewed out for not posting in the existing one.