Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Palm Trees Please

Like the topic title says. We can now have tropical islands. This is long past due.

Ahh nevermind, I re-read the FAQ. We're not allowed to, but they're not enforcing it. So talking about it is probably not allowed. :)

Ahh nevermind, I re-read the FAQ. We're not allowed to, but they're not enforcing it. So talking about it is probably not allowed. :)

That's not how I read it. We're totally going to try to get kangaroos for our Aussie server :P

Taufiq do you play Ark Survival Evolved?  

ARKSurvivalEvolvedProcoptodonDossier.jpg

Edited by yarnevk

Talking about it is allowed.  It was orginally not allowed to discuss then they realized pushing everyone off to Steam was not a good idea so now mod discussion is allowed, which is why this thread is in that subforum.  But you cannot talk about hacking nor use mods in Wurm Online.

Edited by yarnevk

Taufiq do you play Ark Survival Evolved?  

I haven't no, but that kangaroo looks pretty awesome. Was thinking about incorporating large, rideable roos, maybe carnivorous - based on the IRL procoptodon but maybe larger, hadn't decided yet. Also need to decide on riding in pouch or on the back... should be fun either way.

But anyway, didn't want to derail this thread. Palm trees are definitely possible, though we're unlikely to have time to provide APIs for these kinds of things before release, so in the short term at least it will need to be DIY for both client and server.

all you have to do is copy the class/object of a tree template in game, once done just recreate it with new model and modified generation variables. Then upload on steam as a mod. I cant see a reason for these other than cosmetics tho.