Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

PVP ban violation - Roman attack on two VD deeds

GMs should investigate this and take appropriate actions if needed. The rule is clear.

GMs should investigate this and take appropriate actions if needed. The rule is clear.

i have to agree i dont pvp but i have even seen the no pvp ban in effect. I guess if they don't enforce it then there is no need to broadcast it at all.

Edited by Kegan

unless some action is taken here it seems there is some favoritism/bias going on. These people clearly broke the rules that were clearly stated in orange text multiple times the past days. They have shown no respect for these rules and therefore deserve treatment as such.

Sigh, the deflection and avoidance techniques of the Roman Republic are alive and well.

Luckily it's time for the spotlight to shine on the hardworking game officials who will sort this out.

Seems like a very clear case of breaking the official rules.

- PVP ban in place that clearly states staying away from enemy deeds

- Three deed alarms were popped at two different deeds. Both deeds had been visited by the Romans prior. At least ten minutes between time of first deed alarm and last deed alarm being popped

- No active mission at the nearby mission roundabout so no need to be there at all. Roman's had visited place the night before so location was known

- Rule breaking group that is well known for exploiting and breaking rules. Reports of mine door exploit by "Propheteer's group" since Challenge server and continued on Epic - seven separate reports. This group is so confident that nothing will be done that they taunt others who point out their failings and then they actually heckle them with comments like "Nothing will be done...."

Rules are either important in this game or they aren't. Words are cheap, actions show what matters.

I put my trust in the official staff to do the right thing. Please don't disappoint me.

Your gonna be disappointed when you hear that they will not intervene in PvP servers because its PvP. Like remember when rolf went and undid a bug in a raid? All that chaos that ensued shortly after. I highly doubt any action will happen in this case.

Edited by akaedis

Your gonna be disappointed when you hear that they will not intervene in PvP servers because its PvP. Like remember when rolf went and undid a bug in a raid? All that chaos that ensued shortly after. I highly doubt any action will happen in this case.

If the game officials refuse to enforce the very rules that they put into place then it will be a very, very sad day indeed for Wurm.

It's when things like this happen that people lose faith and belief in a game. With time they leave as a result.

One of the premises for the survival of the Wurm Official servers when Wurm Unlimited arrives is that these servers will have an unbiased, trustworthy and experienced game staff who make sure rules are enforced properly. This is what will allow the WO servers to be a realistic and important place in the potentially wild west nature of the future when lots of unofficial servers will exist.

Notice the comments about tower guards in the original post. This means the Romans were in VD territory and had been for more then 150 tiles at the time when they proceeded to pop deed alarms.

Again, from a personal level, I call upon the leadership of the Roman Republic to simply apologize for their kingdom's breaking of the official rules during this PVP ban.

The apology is for the entire Elevation server and does not have to go only to VD. Seems like a very simple ask.

Lol nothing will happen with this tho...

Same story as always, rules are not meant to be followed in Wurm...

Time to dig in and get ready for the Roman raid thats coming....

I don't understand why someone would be claiming they don't know about it when it's been broadcasted the past few days...

how'd this thread go 3 pages and no gm responded with investigating or anything else lol

Well the bad thing about all of it is that the support tickets are getting closed that itself is more alarming to me then the breach of the pvp ban thing. 

• Like 1

'some' tickets get closed as duplicate because there is no need to flood the system with 20 reports from different people about the same incident. They are not all closed and ignored and they are being looked into

• Like 1

how'd this thread go 3 pages and no gm responded with investigating or anything else lol

Sometimes these things take time. The original support ticket for the Roman raid on Rusty Daggers is still open after more then 2 months. That was the raid where Romans marched around on top of a steel mine door for more then a minute before it magically opened without damage to let them in to the safe mine. 4g of loot left that safe mine after that along with 8 VD members who were appalled that rules didn't appear to be enforced. There was a concern of bias which is always unfortunate since the strongest tool game officials have is the players belief and trust in them.

To the best of my knowledge no bans, warnings or anything ever were issued to the Romans despite a PVP ban going into place later to allow the exploit to be fixed.

Relevance to this thread? It's the same attack that several Roman members keep referring to. As mentioned before no fear of actual penalty allows the roman republic to feel safe about heckling those who strive to play by the rules.

Still waiting for the apology.

4g of loot? You had like 2 plate sets and some wemp

• Like 1

Tbh, it's my personal opinion that these sorts of threads are in direct violation of the rules themselves.   I can sympathize with Nappy to a certain point but the whole topic is pretty much trolling, the OP knows what he is doing is inflammatory, and is directly challenging moderation, or his perception of lack therove.   It's silly, while Romans are no doubt very likely to get smacked for whatever dastardly thing they may or may not have done, why can't you guys just keep it in the freaking Support tickets?   

I honestly get a bit tired of these topics, especially when they don't go anywhere other than flame wars.   

• Like 4

I am certain that when the investigations completes with an actual comparison of what was in the safe mine just before the raid and what was in the safe mine after the raid it would validate our 4g comment.

An easy database comparison query should make that a very, very simple thing to do.

It is refreshing to see that Roman memory is recovering. Once that extends to remembering where previously raided deeds are then there might indeed be some hope for you after all.

When you love a game you want to see it become the best it can be.

Seeing people breaks rules constantly and get away with it hurts the game, not helps the game.

In my opinion this, more then anything else, is what will be the death of Wurm one day. It's my sincere hope that this never happens.

Please lock the thread.