Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Wyvern

I thought I'd provide some brief feedback to Wyvern for anyone considering joining...  I've been playing on the PvE server for about 4 days and thus far it's a lot of fun.  The skill gain increase is just right imho to take the drudgery out but still make it challenging.  The server population is very active and overall the community is very helpful (with a few exceptions).  The map is ample but could use a little resource tweaking imho, but that's minor.  Getting set up with a deed is actually easier thank I anticipated - I figured it'd take a month to earn the silver requires but it took less than 2 days.  Overall I'd recommend the server.

Edited by Kruggan

Patch Notes for 2015/12/24

* The CA channel is now opt-out instead of opt-in, which should help new players.
* Santa Claus has arrived and brings players a (cosmetic) gift. Find him at the spawn towns on each server. (A client bug does mean his texture is terrible, however. Not much we can do about this.)
* There's also a Julbord at each of the spawn towns, so you can get 100% food, water and nutrition.
* Santa Claus and the Julbord will stay for at least 2 weeks. The exact day on which they disappear will depend on reboot timings, so there may be a few extra days as well but we can't guarantee that.

s3EFRFJ.jpg

• Like 1

We've just updated to the latest version of the server, you should be able to connect with the latest client now.

Patch notes for Wyvern for 2016/02/04

* Update to latest Wurm Unlimited release. This brings the following changes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/652262930199883209
* Added rewards for voting for Wyvern on http://wurm-unlimited.com/. You can claim 10 copper coins for each vote at settlement tokens.
* Added depth drill item, this allows you to measure how deep the rock layer is below the surface on tile corners. The depth drill can be created by using an iron ribbon on a shaft, along with two handles and a small nails.

I still recommend this server for pve, and while not my first choice for pvp it is still a good one.

PvP Server being interesting. Lots of untapped land so can easily have time to set up and lots of untapped resources.

Skill gain and timers pretty perfect IMO. not easy but takes away that boring wurm online grind. Plus cmon guys... why would you ever play a PvE server? where's the fun in that :D

Honestly fighting isn't as hard as you think and dying isn't as terrible as you think either. Cmon over!

Will provide #1hr pvp training sesh if you join pvp server :D 

+1 

Joined this server 2 weeks ago! Skill gain is perfect, not to hard but not to easy!

PvP Server is fun, active as expected but could do with a few more players!

I would recommend any old or new player to try this out and join the PvP server!

1 hour ago, MightySheep said:

3vUDerq.jpg

dLvQSA9.png

PvP server on Wyvern is constantly eventful

You told me your kingdom had no one else to fight so you were bored though.. ?

13 hours ago, ownerpure5 said:

You told me your kingdom had no one else to fight so you were bored though.. ?

Well our enemies got a few new players, now they have more numbers than us even, but they are still bad.

E.g. From this friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqBLmBf2OE&

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:08 AM, MightySheep said:

3vUDerq.jpg

I'd hate to see how their children turn out...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I've tried multiple WU servers, but this is by far the best.

Its consistent, eventful and skill/action times are perfect!

PvP server is getting active again but could always do with more players!

been playing here for several months now, gms don't care about it

suggestions and public concerns are never addressed, administration is non-existant as macroers (despite being against the rules) are allowed to roam free due to absolutely no enforcement from the rules, the community can be incredibly clique-ish and toxic, and there is very VERY little communication from the GMs of the server save for a single post or two from graham (His post count is usually one post a month) made on the forums, servers are left up for 50 days at a time without restart (Players shouldn't have to spam the forums requesting for a restart) causing severe desync issues with the clients in the server

there is currently a lot of concern for the server and its overall future, neglect is more than apparent as the GMs just do not care

Edited by Huntar

That's one of the reasons I stopped playing on Wyvern. Because the GMs made a server that they dont have time to administrate. Nothing new is added, no new mods, no events, no chance to get any exclusive items like spyglass or other xmas presents. People are begging everywhere for a server restart and when the admins remember that thye have a server they restart it, pvp is stagnant without any hota/depots or anything else to do in the low times.

GM's are nonexistant. Economy is completely shot to the point where people buy a supreme wagon for 25 gold. Even simple items like rare bones are 3-5 gold. Glimmersteel and Adamantine are abundant to the point where entire kingdoms can have sets and backup sets of the best equipment. Seryll, Dragonscale, and Dragonhide are the only rare materials. 100 titles do not actually apply. Macroers are absolutely everywhere. The community is split into many small groups instead of a single whole.

The problem is, it didn't used to be this way. GM's used to respond to tickets. There used to be a decent market where people were trading one thing for another. Glimmer and Addy were rare enough that it wasn't flooding the server. People used to talk in GL-Freedom and be cheerful. There were people being helpful in CA HELP. There were community projects for roads, bridges, and other grand designs.

Those grand projects of past have decayed. Highgate, Grand Estate Tranquility, and Planet Fitness are all ghost towns or disbanded. GL-Freedom is a cesspool or silent most days. CA HELP gets trolled far too frequently without any CM's or GM's to moderate it. I miss the days where things were simple and people got along.

There's so many issues with the PvP server that I could write an essay on it. 1 guard deeds prevent conquering of nearby towers indefinitely. There's many ways to store your valuables without risk of them being stolen, even if you are successfully raided. Rare items like the Wand of the Seas can be found, but do not function. There is no HotA or Supply Depots to encourage roaming - just treasure chests with menial rewards for insane difficulty lockpicking. I spent so much time creating a History of the PvP Server, but now PvP is dead and the unspoken conclusion is that everyone just kind of... left.

Edited by Sindusk

Wyvern did indeed start out as the grand example and promise of a new WU server bustling with activity and interest. Although I don't disagree that it has degenerated to the points as described above, I still wonder why it always shows up as being the most populated one on the WU login panel.

Fortunately there are a number of others that have now taken its place as offering beyond what it ever had anyway and to those servers many have departed.

=Ayes=

39 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Wyvern did indeed start out as the grand example and promise of a new WU server bustling with activity and interest. Although I don't disagree that it has degenerated to the points as described above, I still wonder why it always shows up as being the most populated one on the WU login panel.

Fortunately there are a number of others that have now taken its place as offering beyond what it ever had anyway and to those servers many have departed.

=Ayes=

The server is a mere fraction of what it once used to be, 50-70 players on at a time, numbers the some of the more quality servers are approaching on. Those current numbers, however, are due to the server's early snowballing, which has now begun to halt.

It's not hard to understand this, it's just disappointing to realize it.

=Huntar=

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

This is why:

Spoiler

Abibas
Apricity
Atticus
Bardi
Blessinadress
Chinka
Crackerjack
Doshlicker
Friyanouce
Gullintani
Haitian
Harkonen
Inlun
Kazui
Ladysermonalot
Ladysermonalotfive
Ladysermonalotfour
Ladysermonalotsix
Ladysermonalotthree
Ladysermonalottwo
Lambert
Levothor
Mercero
Mercerona
Phellow
Qeqas
Reeoth
Rejdukien
Sandman
Sirsermonalot
Sirsermonalotfive
Sirsermonalotfour
Sirsermonalotsix
Sirsermonalotthree
Sirsermonalottwo
Solita
Souldealer
Sturmwolf
Tailz
Templarz
Thanatos
Twitchy
Wilhelm
Worbme
Yuna

52 players on Wyvern(46 listed)

That isn't including my 40~ alt's i can log in at once. (Tho i don't do it very often/at all anymore :|  .)

2 hours ago, akaedis said:

This is why:

Reveal hidden contents

Abibas
Apricity
Atticus
Bardi
Blessinadress
Chinka
Crackerjack
Doshlicker
Friyanouce
Gullintani
Haitian
Harkonen
Inlun
Kazui
Ladysermonalot
Ladysermonalotfive
Ladysermonalotfour
Ladysermonalotsix
Ladysermonalotthree
Ladysermonalottwo
Lambert
Levothor
Mercero
Mercerona
Phellow
Qeqas
Reeoth
Rejdukien
Sandman
Sirsermonalot
Sirsermonalotfive
Sirsermonalotfour
Sirsermonalotsix
Sirsermonalotthree
Sirsermonalottwo
Solita
Souldealer
Sturmwolf
Tailz
Templarz
Thanatos
Twitchy
Wilhelm
Worbme
Yuna

52 players on Wyvern(46 listed)

That isn't including my 40~ alt's i can log in at once. (Tho i don't do it very often/at all anymore :|  .)

Unless the code is modified ALTS using the same steam ID dont get counted by the Steam server browser.   The server count is based on unique steam login ID. 

1 hour ago, razoreqx said:

Unless the code is modified ALTS using the same steam ID dont get counted by the Steam server browser.   The server count is based on unique steam login ID. 

iirc  or rather i believe the count is entirely based off the amount of players on the server(the /who) which does include alt's into total player count. 

Edited by akaedis

8 minutes ago, akaedis said:

iirc  or rather i believe the count is entirely based off the amount of players on the server(the /who) which does include alt's into total player count. 

Only if you're in game do you see all alts and on all clusters.... (current server, Total (all clusters) )

If you're talking the WU server browser this is counting unique steam ID's by default.    Alts using the same Steam ID with various client bypasses using the txt file with the app id,  do not get counted in that number.  

If alts were counted my server count would be between 88 and 100 average during peak hours.    

I do not use any manipulation tools / fake steam IDs or other methods to make alts show up in the server count to show more users than I actually have because I don't care how many players i have online :)  

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

Only if you're in game.  If you talking the WU server browser this is counting unique steam ID's.    Alts using the same Steam ID with various client bypasses do not get counted in that number.  

[13:50:50] 62 other players are online. You are on Wyvern (67 totally in Wurm).
Abibas
Ahab
Alvargo
Apricity
Astavinu
Atticus
Blessinadress
Boogerman
Chinka

Chiba
Dinkydonk
Doshlicker