Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Wyvern

Patch notes for 2015/10/31

* Increased body/mind skill gain rates. Note that we have also retroactively increased any existing skills, so if you had for example 21 body strength, you'd now have 25. (This isn't exactly what you would've got because the increase is actually non-linear, but it's a rough over estimate).
* Removed priest restrictions.
* Fixed looting corpses on the PvP server.
* Farms should no longer turn into weeds. The Wurm server actually has two different methods for handling farm growth, and we didn't patch both. It will be fixed properly at the next reboot (likely to be tomorrow morning).
* Timers are now faster again.
* Fixed picking flowers.
* Added more iron veins to the server, which should be more evenly spread out.
* Many 'internal' changes to our client/server bytecode injection system, which should now allow future updates to be produced more quickly.

• Like 2

* Farms should no longer turn into weeds. The Wurm server actually has two different methods for handling farm growth, and we didn't patch both. It will be fixed properly at the next reboot (likely to be tomorrow morning).

This was fixed in this morning's reboot.

It has 3 different methodes :P

argh that means we're still missing one! Why was the code copied & pasted into three different places?!?!

Luckily it looks like 'Crop tile poller split' is enabled, and I patched the CropTilePoller... so it should still be working (and it worked when I tested it locally as well).

Edited by Ancient

The characteristics fix was needed, and same goes for the farming, now other people can actually farm without paying my crazy prices for crops, well done. Many of us have accepted the fact that in order to be in a busy server we are going to have fast timers and skill gain. But the total removal of priest restrictionsis going to change the player base, and yes I am aware that the server from pre-launch intended to have 'less' restrictions. It may end up being a good thing for server population, but with the rampant abundance of coin coupled with a server of priests, I fear the community won't be as strong.

I've been on the server since day one and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, (unless I get banned lol) just vastly changing my goals on the server. No longer a need to recruit or trade.

Breaker.. People can already do all skills in the game yet people still trade, why would it be any different with priests? Especially since there are 3 WL gods which means you can't cast all the spells yourself. It's just one more thing that "normal" players can choose to invest their time in, it doesn't mean everyone will automatically be a good priest that mass-produce goods, it just adds more choices for people without forcing frustrating alt usage on people.

Priest restrictions alone isn't the issue that will stifle trade. Abundance of coin, fast timers, and now an abundance of priests. I'm trying not to look at the problem one demensionally (try reading posts the same way) and adjusting my play style accordingly. There is some potential good to be had from the change.

Hurray for the best Wurm unlimited dedicated server! 

[15:24:17] 274 other players are online. You are on Wyvern (307 totally in Wurm).

Bump! :D

* Fixed looting corpses on the PvP server.

* Fixed picking flowers.

What was wrong with flowers and corpses?

What was wrong with flowers and corpses?

Whenever you attempted to pick flowers, it said something was wrong with the world. I suspect the removal of the altar of three for causing it. But its fixed now. Corpses i have no idea, i haven't died or found loot yet.

• Like 1

The corpse issue was a bit obscure to do with same kingdom corpse looting, caused because the PvP world wasn't being considered a chaos server.

• Like 1

I suspect the removal of the altar of three for causing it.

Was actually a problem with our map generator.

The s

First PMK on the PVP server. Come join for ###### and giggles.

PM Lunn when he's not on his period for more info.

• Like 2

First off, Unless you are paying the hosts of this server, to play on their server, please stop nagging at them, if they don't have enough time in the day to answer every question and admin the server 24x7.  Go back to WO servers for that.  The two folks running the server are being very generous with their time, skills and equipment.

Secondly, it sounds like performance is outstanding?  Can someome tell me how it compares to other WO servers for lag, etc?  Sounds like a wake up call for Code Club to get their act together and make WO servers perform like Wyvern.

• Like 2

wurm unlimited doesn't have memory leaks, wurm online does

i giggled

We have tried it again with the server, after it seemed like there is no administration at all.

We thought alright, we give em another chance, but it didn't work out.

For anyone who wants active PvP just wait for Postes server, this isn't worth it at all.

The map isn't trimmed for PvP (which is really the smaller problem), there is no HotA, but the biggest problem which also had the biggest impact on our group finally leaving this server was the lack of administration / information given to the players.

Support tickets stay open for days without even read and problems that could be solved by a simple restart are just ignored.

(The server ONLY restarts on weekends, for whatever reason)

Quick question... not only for Wyvern but for all servers where deeding and upkeep is turned on... what are the intended mechanics for making enough money to plant a small deed? (6-7s?)  If you're starting with low/no skills and everyone is selling to a trader at the starter deed, are people just standing at the starter deed for 1-2 weeks to grind up enough skill to sell something valuable to the trader in order to be able to get that first bit of silver for a deed?  It just seems a little grind oriented for the sake of grind.  What am I missing?  Not being critical as much as I want to understand what the intended method is here. I suppose the option exists to just head out, find a spot, build off deed and then travel back to the starting city for the purpose of selling to the Trader, but again... it just seems like that's a little arduous if you have no idea how you got where you started your homestead in the first place.

Forage for coin, kill mobs for coin, and yes sell things to the trader. It has plenty of gold on him as far as i know and there are 3 at the spawn. The smallest deed costs 4s and 30c or something and you can get that kind of money in like a few hours or days. It's not really grind. Then make a batch of jewelry things and sell it to the trader in one go and buy your own, so the travel is eliminated. Grinding jewelry smithing is really worth it for this reason. 50s is about 30 30ql gold deity statuettes.

Edited by atazs

Forage for coin, kill mobs for coin, and yes sell things to the trader. It has plenty of gold on him as far as i know and there are 3 at the spawn. The smallest deed costs 4s and 30c or something and you can get that kind of money in like a few hours or days. It's not really grind. Then make a batch of jewelry things and sell it to the trader in one go and buy your own, so the travel is eliminated. Grinding jewelry smithing is really worth it for this reason. 50s is about 30 30ql gold deity statuettes.

How are the traders getting their funds? They have unlimited or get 'topped up' manually by admins every few days/weeks?

If not unlimited, I can see people just camp them with an inventory for 70ql statuettes and taking it all at once eventually.

How are the traders getting their funds? They have unlimited or get 'topped up' manually by admins every few days/weeks?

If not unlimited, I can see people just camp them with an inventory for 70ql statuettes and taking it all at once eventually.

Hardly. I don't know where they get their money from, but i know they have several gold on them. The two traders in our deed have 14gold and 23 gold. GMs might also be refilling them with coins and probably increased the amount of money they get automatically. You'd need hundreds of 90ql gold statuettes to drain what they have.  

Edited by atazs

Lame, been trying all morning to get to east coat to cross over to pvp, as a naked noob, cant get past mobs. This is a real turn off and nobody on pve server is helpful at all. There should a be a spawn point for east coast. Still looking of a good pvp server.

Well as a completely fresh arrival to the server you are probably going to end up with an initial grinding period, now mobs drop coins as well but that doesn't help you much either as a new player since killing stuff is impossible or inefficient until you get set up a bit.

Not sure there is any good solution, if you give people starting currency on char create then they'll spam alts to farm currency, if you remove deed upkeep cost you end up with absurd deeds all over the place that never go away even if they stop playing.