Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Wyvern

I can't connect now either.

I logged in and played for a little while and then lagged out, tried reconnecting and it wouldnt connect... I tried restarting the client and restarting steam to no avail..

I tried creating a new name and still couldnt connect.

I decided maybe the problem would be fixed today but trying again and still can't connect

I can connect to other servers just fine... Any idea' whats going on?

I'd really like to play\

edit:

can someone check to see if my char is still logged in/ stuck ingame?

ingame name is Loaded

Edited by Loaded

I can't connect now either.

I logged in and played for a little while and then lagged out, tried reconnecting and it wouldnt connect... I tried restarting the client and restarting steam to no avail..

I tried creating a new name and still couldnt connect.

I decided maybe the problem would be fixed today but trying again and still can't connect

I can connect to other servers just fine... Any idea' whats going on?

I'd really like to play\

edit:

can someone check to see if my char is still logged in/ stuck ingame?

ingame name is Loaded

http://forum.wyverngame.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=t43g8kbc0078khnu98qatbfh64&topic=11.msg175

It's a problem with the server rejecting connections for no reason, they need to reboot to fix it for the players that cannot connect.

Apparently it has to do with how the server is handling steam accounts, refusing connections from certain accounts at random for some reason. Someone said they were able to connect by setting up a family sharing account.

Edited by Huntar

If anyone with the connection issue could provide a dump of the TCP stream when they try to connect I could investigate into the issue a bit more. This can be done using wireshark.

Steps:

1. Start capture
  2. Attempt to login to Wyvern
  3. Stop capture
  4. Set filter to 'ip.dst_host eq 37.59.10.222'
  5. Right click on any of the packets and select 'Follow TCP Stream' - http://i.imgur.com/kGzaVs2.png
  6. Select the 2nd option in the drop down menu, make sure the 'Raw' option is selected, and then Save - http://i.imgur.com/h3vs5Fr.png
  7. Repeat the save again for the 3rd option in the drop down menu.

If anyone can PM (best not to post in public for security reasons) me those two files for a failed connection attempt I can look into it further, but without them there's not much I can do.

Edited by Jonneh
  • Like 1

The server is very good and all but the lack of response from the admins regarding questions on their forums is very sad. The server has yet to restart and issues that have been repeatdly asked about are just blatantly ignored. 

[23:22:16] The server has been up 3 days, 18 hours and 51 minutes.

I highly recommend automatic restarts, I understand you want to keep the high population and don't want to do anything while peak hours. But on a server with 200+ people, having more than 48 hours without a restart is bad.

If anyone with the connection issue could provide a dump of the TCP stream when they try to connect I could investigate into the issue a bit more. This can be done using wireshark.

Steps:

1. Start capture

Attempt to login to Wyvern

Stop capture

Set filter to 'ip.dst_host eq 37.59.10.222'

Right click on any of the packets and select 'Follow TCP Stream' - http://i.imgur.com/kGzaVs2.png

Select the 2nd option in the drop down menu, make sure the 'Raw' option is selected, and then Save - http://i.imgur.com/h3vs5Fr.png

Repeat the save again for the 3rd option in the drop down menu.

If anyone can PM (best not to post in public for security reasons) me those two files for a failed connection attempt I can look into it further, but without them there's not much I can do.

Well I have confirmed that it's not an issue already with packets reaching the server, I did this by making a second steam account and using family sharing, this allowed me in fine (of course on a different character as they are tied to steam accounts). This means that the server is refusing to let my main steam account on for whatever reason. Others have confirmed that this issue went away after a server restart. This sounds like the server has a glitched open connection or similar and won't let that particular account in because it's already connected.

I'd be happy to do a wireshark dump for you if after that you still don't believe me I guess, I just don't see how that will actually be helpful.

Well I have confirmed that it's not an issue already with packets reaching the server, I did this by making a second steam account and using family sharing, this allowed me in fine (of course on a different character as they are tied to steam accounts). This means that the server is refusing to let my main steam account on for whatever reason. Others have confirmed that this issue went away after a server restart. This sounds like the server has a glitched open connection or similar and won't let that particular account in because it's already connected.

I'd be happy to do a wireshark dump for you if after that you still don't believe me I guess, I just don't see how that will actually be helpful.

This was more so I can trace exactly what the server is doing with the data, so I can figure out where it goes wrong.

I sent a wireshark report. Server still hasn't been restarted so there's loads of people stuck not being able to connect still. Frustrating to say the least as I had just planted a deed and was looking forward to start developing it yet I have not been able to log in for over a day now since they apparently refuse to reboot the server.

Edited by raidsoft

yeah like, overall this server is pretty good.

had no performance issues whatsoever, the generated maps are somewhat decent, a huge amount of players...

BUT, despite that, there would have to be much more response and actual clearance.

many problems we as players run into on the server right now would be fixed if the server actually gets restartet, yet it won't be nor the owners give a statement regarding the restart.

• Like 1

Why does this link http://wyverngame.com/ provided lead to your webpage with only this header page and no links on it that can be clicked for "Forums, PvE Map Dump, Pvp Map Dump"? Nice logo and all but it doesn't link to any further information.

=Ayes=

Links are working fine on my end.

Why does this link http://wyverngame.com/ provided lead to your webpage with only this header page and no links on it that can be clicked for "Forums, PvE Map Dump, Pvp Map Dump"? Nice logo and all but it doesn't link to any further information.

=Ayes=

The links don't work in some browsers (mainly cos the page was hacked together very quickly). We're working on a more complete website.

The links don't work in some browsers (mainly cos the page was hacked together very quickly). We're working on a more complete website.

To follow up on this, the new website is live now. It should work fine in all the major browsers.

Alright so, i guess nice try with the PvP server, but a lot of people are quitting already cause of the lacking information about patching and other things.

If you consider to join a PvP server, it's not worth to come on Wyvern, population is dying already after a week due to no proper actions being taken to fix the body stats and not even give their young community proper information.

[20:33:31] <Hideyowaifus> I'm already at 70 digging and i dont even .ing have 21 bs

Nice try

• Like 1

Pretty much. I liked this server in the beginning but im liking it less and less. And yes there has been a decrease in player count in the past few days compared to last week. Still the highest populated server but the lack of updates, news and the indecisive GM team really ruins it. There seem to be only two GMs at the moment? I think? I don't know. 

No news on portals, being able to choose your kingdom and server when you spawn, fixing the bugged crossing, kingdom NPCs, hotas, priest restrictions, silver distributions and more importantly THE SKILL FIXES WHICH THERE IS ALREADY A MOD RELEASED FOR.

I read that they are using their own code or modified something which makes it harder to work on the server but i have to ask, why? I also understand that the GMs can't be online every day but then hire some volunteers. 

Edited by atazs

Pretty much. I liked this server in the beginning but im liking it less and less. And yes there has been a decrease in player count in the past few days compared to last week. Still the highest populated server but the lack of updates, news and the indecisive GM team really ruins it. There seem to be only two GMs at the moment? I think? I don't know. 

No news on portals, being able to choose your kingdom and server when you spawn, fixing the bugged crossing, kingdom NPCs, hotas, priest restrictions, silver distributions and more importantly THE SKILL FIXES WHICH THERE IS ALREADY A MOD RELEASED FOR.

I read that they are using their own code or modified something which makes it harder to work on the server but i have to ask, why? I also understand that the GMs can't be online every day but then hire some volunteers. 

Theres no MOD framework or API to make server changes currently. So for now people who are hosting that wish to create custom servers have to mod the server.jar (which is not all that bad for simple changes).

Very little communication from the owners has led to quite a bit of frustration, so many other servers fixed body stats, why not this one?

Theres no MOD framework or API to make server changes currently. So for now people who are hosting that wish to create custom servers have to mod the server.jar (which is not all that bad for simple changes).

So all the mods that others have created only work clientside? 

• Like 1

Sounds more like excuses TBH

IMO, it's better to wait for the next update which should happen this weekend before jumping into conclusions. From the forum threads I see that there are many things planned for this update and I can perfectly understand the reasoning(quote) behind admins being sloppy and not adding "small fixes" right away. But it also might be the laziness, we'll find out soon :)

I read every post.

It's not just a matter of installing that mod, however. We've got our own internal tool for modifying the server by injecting bits of Java bytecode at various points, and need to basically rewrite it using our internal tool. (This takes slightly longer in the short term, but will pay off in the long term).

In addition to that there's also testing to ensure we don't break anything (which would require more restarts/disruption), picking a time to schedule the update for (we try to batch updates together to reduce the number of restarts that are required). One of us needs to get up early to actually perform the update, as we want to do it outside of the peak hours to minimise disruption. And we also need to ensure that one of us has plenty of free time afterwards just in case something goes wrong, which generally means doing it on a weekend.

Rest assured that it will be done, you've just got to be patient :P.

http://forum.wyverngame.com/index.php?topic=41.msg180#msg180

From what I know about that: there is no proper way  yet to actually edit client-side "wurm" things(like meditations timers, creatures AI, items, etc.). For that you have to add your patches directly into source code which also gets overriden on each WU update by steam(not sure if that's true). And it's not a good thing -  hacking into source code of such a large project you're not very familiar with yet, might(and most probably will) lead to various bugs. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not just leave body stat gains slow?  would be less of an disadvantage for newer players entering pvp in the future if the vets only had body stats in the mid 20's.

Why not just leave body stat gains slow?  would be less of an disadvantage for newer players entering pvp in the future if the vets only had body stats in the mid 20's.

We plan on retroactively fixing current players characteristics when we roll out the patch.