Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

Deeds, Silver.... Sinks

Maybe this question has already been answered, I have been looking through the forums, perhaps missed it, if so a link would be great!

If not, Deeds take silver, how is that going to work in Wurm Unlimited? Will we have the option to turn this on and off, what about options to earn silver? Kingdom Funds? Traders?

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

I assume it would depend entirely on the server host's decision, as there are commands to give silver.

Personally I'll be developing some sort of activity system where play for X amount of hours in a week/days and get silver and also have some sort of events that give out silver and non-drop items as rewards(farwalkers/etc). Players would be given a certain amount of funds when they join the server for deeds/sink items.

Not sure what to do about upkeep though, disable or implement some sort of system for it

Edited by WesncIsMe

Yeah I know you can wave your black wand around and make some silver to give to people, that is not an issue. The issue is what will silver be used for in the Unlimited version, are deeds going to work the same way, traders etc?

Edited by Xyp

Couldn't the server admin just flood his server's economy with money? People could then simply make the money off the traders as it is in wurm. With unlimited money, they'd give a lot of cash, enough to pay for whatever is needed in a WU environment.

• Like 1

If its the same exact game without any major feature rips or anything like that, I would assume it would work the same way but we don't know yet. No details have been released on that sort of thing

Edited by WesncIsMe

Couldn't the server admin just flood his server's economy with money? People could then simply make the money off the traders as it is in wurm. With unlimited money, they'd give a lot of cash, enough to pay for whatever is needed in a WU environment.

Yeah, I am more curious on a system where I could help offset the cost of the dedicated server without paying for it all myself (unless I am the only player on my server lol). Also silver for rewards, like I plan to do a testing period before official server launch with limited select players, which I would want to reward, so I am trying to plan all of this out.

I want all players to be premium. However I was thinking cheap silver for deeds and upkeep.

Edited by Xyp

They posted it in the q&a section you can have no upkeep or put money in the pool and use the traders, sell and all the other stuff like we have now. 

How will premium, in-game currency etc. work for private servers? Will server owners be able to set, for example, a free premium policy (everyone on the server gets premium automatically without paying)? What about deed upkeep, where will that go? Presumably private server GMs will be able to spawn silver coins, so there is a manual option there.

• Right now all players are premium automatically on the servers. The economy works as usual and you have the possibility to pump the economy with silvers by using the server GUI. That money can then be retrieved the usual ways by selling to traders or foraging etc. And yes you can set a player to have powers to create money as well.

Edit: I guess it does not say anything about the upkeep but i think i seen someplace saying you can set it to be free. 

Well i found the post about the upkeep too...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130568-frequently-asked-questions-thread/page-12#entry1342587

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1