Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #80: Armour Me Like One Of Your French Knights

News%20Header%20(old).jpg?dl=1

Hey all!

It's just under 2 weeks now until Wurm Unlimited releases! Excited? You can pre-order the game from DLGamer and get 20% off the initial Steam price if you want.

The first batch of updates to the permissions system went live this week. Tich told me to tell you that she's sorry that there were some teething issues - like settings not always transferring to the new system properly - but we hope it'll be well worth it in the long run with just how much better the new system makes things. I'd strongly recommend looking at the Wurmpedia article on Permissions if you're unsure about anything - the Wurmpedia team (in particular Keenan) have put a huge amount of work into making it as accurate and complete as possible.

As for devs, they mainly continued with general polish and bugfixing work on Unlimited this week. But we do have a few other things to show off that might interest you, like visible adamantine and glimmersteel armour... catch it all below!

The Week In Patch Notes

The big story this week is the new permissions system, though there were quite a few other things that went live this week; like the awesome new deed plan viewer & exporter. I've seen some crazily complicated deed plans that people have effortlessly been able to export from directly in-game! There were also some general fixes.

06/10/15:
  • New Permissions System! Notes about security http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/131410-new-permissions-security-hints/
  • Combined kindling will use the default weight when making a fire (forge, oven, campfire).
  • Can now have a deed role for an Individual (non-citizen) role.
  • Deed plan now available for mayors.
  • Writs will vanish when examined / managed. Building can be managed by r-click or from manage menu.
  • You can now attach locks without having the key on you on PvE (was already like this on PvP).
  • You can now sacrifice keys when the lock still exists on same server.
  • Repair keybind should now work correctly on fences and walls.
  • Fences are now paintable.
  • Added missing text for deed settings.
  • Max number of branded animals is number of tiles / 11 (PvE).
  • Fixed face masks overriding the face protection that some helmets give.
  • Fixed leading animals who have a bridle equipped. You will always use the bridle to lead if it has one, even if you have a rope activated.
  • Fixed an issue where you wouldn’t stop dragging items when you died.
  • Fix for player gods, so they allow flatten and level in caves if they can mine.

07/10/15:

• Fix for Nahjo flattening / leveling in caves.
  • Fix for allies in buildings, now checks the correct village (e.g. the owners village).
  • Fix so planted items can be turned by the person who planted it.
  • Beds with no permissions set, will allow anyone who has ‘may Enter’ on building to use it for free.
  • Doors and Beds may now be managed by anyone who has manage permissions on the building.

08/10/15:

• Fix for branding vanishing…(although some may have vanished this time).
  • Fix so can lead branded animals if you have the brand village lead permission.
  • Added ‘pass gates’ as deed permission, which (should) allow the players with that role permission to pass any gates that dont have their owner permissions (if they are managed by that deed).
  • Disallowed getting hunted status on PvE.
  • Fix for unhitching animals from a locked cart (PvE).
  • Fix for picking locks.

Adamantine & Glimmersteel Armour Textures

This week, Saroman worked on textures for addy & glimmer armour so that it can be made to display correctly. Yet another thing for you Wurmians to wear! Oh how we spoil you.

Armour.jpg?dl=1

DeedPlanner Updates

Warlander sent us a few pictures of his latest coding successes with the village planning tool DeedPlanner. He's getting ever-closer to being able to go live with bridges, which we'll also add to the in-game deed exporter so you can export on-deed bridge designs to the planner too.

Bridges.jpg?dl=1

Screenshot of the Week

This week's eaglespirit-themed screenshot was taken by Borgir, and happened to coincide with an eclipse too. It's quite mystical! What does the Eaglespirit want?! Why is it here?! Is this a message from the gods!?!

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news! Fed up of hearing about Wurm Unlimited? Here, have an animated webseries about a cat. Cats solve everything.

• Like 24

CAN WE GET SOME KING ARMOUR

I AM NOT BEING AGGRESSIVE BUT I REALLY THINK WE NEED SOME KING ARMOUR.

Edit:

And capes

And Splint armour

And ring armour

And Spaulders/pauldrons

and everything else that was promised donkeys ago.

Edited by PassiveMiniroll
  • Like 20

Cant help but think the glimmer steel looks like they've gone through the sewer lol. 

• Like 9

Armor looks like its rusted over. Thought it was supposed to be shiny

• Like 3

I can almost smell glimmer halberds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Sooo when do we get the bugged epic items to use on freedom isles and we can create the special armor we see displayed here?

• Like 2

i thought this title is about spaulders

remember spaulders? promised like half a year ago?

and green pants?

• Like 4

Glimmer and ada is too murky/dark

Needs just a bit of lighting/cleaning

Personally i think why can't it just be somewhat similar to normal plate just different colours. 

Edit:

Oh almost forgot, Good job Warlander, Looking good. 

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 2

Tich told me to tell you 

Ty for passing that along to me :) 

Can you please tell her that I love the new permission system 

I think it will make life much easier for us all in future 

That, is one awesome screenshot.....Amazing Borg.

Thanks, I was about to die, so I decided to take screenshot :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Armor cannot shine like their helmet counterparts because they are textures and not models ( like the helm )

What's wrong with the proportions? Those arms look to short.

Edited by Cecci

Can we stop adding new stuff and actually add promised things like the new clothing options, shoulder pads, marble statues? Yeah I keep track...

• Like 5

^ This comment in a nutshell Can we stop adding stuff so we can add stuff please?

• Like 8

While it's nice to see some shots of the new textures for glimmersteel and adaman. I would really like to see the clothing that was teased a while back.

I want a green coat :)

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 3

A few tweaks needed with permission system, but a nice update. Thanks guys.