Sign in to follow this  
WesncIsMe

[US Central] RS Private Server [PVE] Up to 5x Skillgain Ramping/5x Action Timers/Events/Silver Rewards/30k Creatures/Friendly & Active Admins

banner-1.png
Redneck Solutions is hosting an heavily modified server, expanding and improving on the core mechanics of Wurm and turning it into what it should've been in the first place. We aim to improve Wurm at the core to make an enjoyable and relaxed experience.

Current Server Specifics
  • 2048x2048 Map with a high dirt layer for all of your terraforming dreams.
  • 1 Servers: PVE(Paradise)
  • 200 Man Server
  • Activity System Rewards for playtime which gives you silver required for deeds/etc
  • Wurm Online Like Economy
  • 30ql Starter Kits
  • 9 Silver Given to all new players
  • Completely free-to-play with optional donations
  • 30K Creature Cap with 25% aggro amount
  • Weekly to Monthly Events
  • PVE with PVP Events

Skill Specifics & Other details

• Base Skills: 10.0
  • Base Stats: 19.0
  • Skillgain Progression: 0-50 skill = 5.0, 60-70 skill = 3.5, 70-80 skill = 2.0, 80-90 skill = 1.5, 90+ skill = 1.2
  • Action Timers: 5x
  • Deed Upkeep: Enabled
  • Free Deeds: Disabled (Activity System will give you silver needed)
  • Traders: Enabled
  • Breed Timers: 4 RL days (will be tweaked)
  • Crop Timers: 1 RL days (will be tweaked)

You can find a full list of mods on our wiki!

Future Plans and Goals

• Improved max boat speeds
  • Automation machines
  • More building types
  • More aesthetic model types
  • NPC villages
  • NPC followers and task helpers
  • More agressive mob types
  • More neutral mob types
  • Goblin villages
  • More detailed development notes on patches
  • More detailed information on new and old mechanics
  • Improved and refined combat mechanics

Map

Paradise (Main Server)

We also suggest that our players follow our server guidelines, while we are a more relaxed server, we still expect players to be respectable to one another. You can check out those guidelines here.

You can also view the current team of Developers and Gamemasters on the server here. Our team will guarantee that each case/player will be treated with fairness, no bias decisions, and proper investigations in the event that any issues occur. You can view our staff policy on our forums, here

Redneck Solutions

Redneck Solutions Forums

Twitter

Steam Group

Steam Wurm Unlimited Community Post

Wurm-Unlimted Server Listing

Facebook Page

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 6

I hear this is sponsored by Apple. Is this true?

• Like 2

I don't want to create yet another account on a board just to vote (on the link you provided), but I am glad that finally someone who advertising an upcoming server is talking about what he is planning for skill progression speed, kudos! So I have to react. On this matter, for the record, if I wanted a server with the same progression as WO, I'd go back to playing the original, I think most people on the WU subforums will agree; heck, everyone I spoke with left because of the grind.

I am on the market to join a PvE server with laid back, grownup people out to relax after a day's work, to have fun there and contribute to the upkeep of course. The first thing I am looking at it the speed of exp gain. IMO x10 is the minimum I am willing to subject myself to. And no need to worry about and reduce the multiplier for post-70 skill gains. Personally I have most important skills above 70, the highest being 77, but from what my alliance members were saying, it's so painful above 85-90 that after you spend a week working for a +0.1 you will want to raise the multiplier even further :) .

Then, other important things I am looking at, in the order they influenced me to stop giving my entertainment money and time to Code Club AB:

The action gauges. Please reduce them, possibility to the minimum allowed. I don't know how you played or are playing Wurm, but I spent 2 years of my gaming life watching movies on my tablet while gauges were slowly filling up.

The 5% loss of items in our storage bins, otherwise known as the Rolftax. Down with that comrades. Unless you are planning to make big bucks selling magic no-loss boxes, there is no reason to spoil people from the stuff they worked had to obtain.

Maybe reduce decay on structures? I have no idea how deeds will function on a private server, there should be some kind of incentive for the first 3 players not to deed the whole continent. But when resolved and people have deeds, I think it may be a good idea not decay their property? You have admin powers to tear down these buildings within seconds if the player hasn't been online for too long, or looked at you the wrong way. OTOH, I liked seeing ruins in WO. So maybe something like no decay while the player is logging on, then maybe none either for 1-2 months after his last login so he can deal with the latest Bethesda game and whatnot, and then proper WO or faster decay?

Anyway, good luck with the all the stress you seem to be eager to subject yourself to ;).

Redneck Solutions is hosting an heavily modified server, expanding and improving on the core mechanics of Wurm and turning it into what it should've been in the first place. We aim to improve Wurm at the core to make an enjoyable and relaxed experience.

Current Server Specifics

• 2048x2048 Map with a high dirt layer for all of your terraforming dreams.
  • 2 Servers: Main and Development where proper testing will take place before being pushed to the main server.
  • 200 Man Server
  • Activity System Rewards for playtime which gives you silver required for deeds/etc
  • Wurm Online Like Economy
  • 40ql Starter Kits
  • Completely free-to-play with optional donations
  • 25K Creature Cap with 25% aggro amount
  • Weekly to Monthly Events
Skill Specifics & Other details
  • Base Skills: 10.0
  • Base Stats: 19.0
  • Skillgain Progression: 3x (this will be tweaked later)
  • Deed Upkeep: Enabled
  • Traders: Enabled
  • Breed Timers: 4 RL days (will be tweaked)
  • Crop Timers: 4 RL days (will be tweaked)
Future Plans and Goals
  • External live server map
  • Improved max boat speeds
  • Automation machines
  • More building types
  • More aesthetic model types
  • NPC villages
  • NPC followers and task helpers
  • More agressive mob types
  • More neutral mob types
  • Goblin villages
  • More detailed development notes on patches
  • More detailed information on new and old mechanics
  • Improved and refined combat mechanics
  • Add back fountain containers.
Map

Paradise (Main Server)

We also suggest that our players follow our server guidelines, while we are a more relaxed server, we still expect players to be respectable to one another. You can check out those guidelines here.

You can also view the current team of Developers and Gamemasters on the server here. Our team will guarantee that each case/player will be treated with fairness, no bias decisions, and proper investigations in the event that any issues occur. You can view our staff policy on our forums, here

Redneck Solutions

Redneck Solutions Forums

Blog

Twitter

Steam Group

Steam Wurm Unlimited Community Post

Edited by WesncIsMe

I'll address some things here, number 1 being the forums.

While we don't require people to use our forums, it would be used for a majority of the decisions which players can throw their 2 cents in, we want to have as much player input as possible. Basically, we want to hear from you, what do you want? I personally don't view the Wurm Forums that often because of the toxicity that can occur at times, I just want to create my own community based around my server where we would hope there is much less of that and there is a more relaxed environment where were all just enjoying the game.

I am not criticizing a community for making a forum, this is a good idea and must require registration for any kind of interaction. I only mentioned that instead of going through registration just to click "x10", I will post the "x10" here. Then I thought I'd mention gauges, oh, and this of course then that, and a wall of text later, here we are.

Well sadly posting that here doesn't count.

Discussing it does :).

If we do decide to accept new Gamemasters for our servers, we have written a new policy regarding our staff members, for those curious, it is viewable to the public and can be seen on our forums, here

Edited by WesncIsMe

From the most recent Wurm Online change notes, fountain containers will be removed. We understand how important these were to players as they were considered legacy items that will 'never' be removed. We fully intend to add them back into our server and want our players to understand, that in the event that we remove an item, we will alert you correctly and fully reimburse you for its silver or item equivalent market value. 

I have written a new Item Loss Policy regarding this issue. You can view it on our forums

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 4

Why can't you guys run the real wurm servers.

• Like 3

Trying to join your forums but on my mobile the site is very weird.

http://i.imgur.com/HFxI1U6.jpg

I'm coming back from London tonight so I'll register on my PC. This will be my sever of choice for sure.

Trying to join your forums but on my mobile the site is very weird.

http://i.imgur.com/HFxI1U6.jpg

I'm coming back from London tonight so I'll register on my PC. This will be my sever of choice for sure.

I had someone else report that issue, Its a MyBB issue with custom themes. I enabled the MyBB default theme for use if anyone else has issues, you can find that at the bottom of the forums.

mybbforumsthemeselect.png

Edited by WesncIsMe

We are eagerly waiting for Wurm Unlimited's launch today and cannot wait to see what it holds in store for us.
We will do our best to make sure the server is available to whitelist members as soon as it releases. As I have said before, please keep in mind that the whitelist period is a beta testing period for our GMs and players to learn the system and better accustomed with how things work. The biggest thing we will be testing will be maps and we would love your input on them.

For more information on IRC, check our forums for information.

Modding is underway, decompiled the files and begun editing. I have successfully edited starter player items and it will give all new players a certain amount of silver.

Next up, Activity System :)

Custom maps now load properly and have a few we will be evaluating.

Edited by WesncIsMe

Great server.  Currently having fun with GM tools since first week of testing and getting the server modded/set-up properly!

I hope more people will join. Remember to join go to the forums listed in main post and do a whitelist request. U will be provided with server password and server name.

Update 10/22/2015

Updates

• Starter items qualities have been increased to 40ql
  • New players start with 8 silver in their bank
  • The Activity System has been added in a basic format and will require tweaking for silver amounts

The Activity System
How does it work?

The activity system will give players rewards based on play time. This system is being used so we never have to use microtransactions for silver, as there will still be deed upkeep, buying trader items, etc. We also want to get players incentives to play on our server. This system will NEED to be tweaked over time, our goal is not to devalue silver and keep it relevant while keeping a balance of rewards. If you have any input and thoughts on the system, please let us know.

Currently, it goes by weeks played ONLINE and caps at 8 silver.
Edited by WesncIsMe

We will be evaluating a custom map 10/23/2015. We will go through every detail of the map and give our Whitelisted members GM powers to fly around on the map.

If you want to check it out, throw up a whitelist application and join the server!

For more details, check the post on our forums.

Edited by WesncIsMe