Sign in to follow this  
WesncIsMe

[WIP] Character Importer

SkillImporterwip2.JPG

Been working a fairly basic character importer for Wurm Unlimited. For now all it does it parse skill dumps and puts them into a set for now. 

Some things to note, as you know you will not be able to import items as that requires database access.

The tool will be straight forward for server owners with some settings you will have to configure I'm sure(not sure how it will access the database yet)

I plan on releasing this tool to the public once we get more information as to how the database works/etc, I just thought I'd let people know for those who are interested :)

More update to date developments on my site/forums

WIP Update #1

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 15

This actually sounds very amazing to allow people to test how there character would react to different things in a easy testing area.

IE: If I wanted to see how my character would do with 99 Mining, instead of 95.   Or with higher body stats ect.

This will be very fun to mess with...  Thanks for the work! :) This should help me plan on what to aim for a lot!

• Like 2

Never thought of using it that way, gotta keep myself open-minded I guess :P

Never thought of using it that way, gotta keep myself open-minded I guess :P

I was actually hoping someone would do this, because that's the entire reason I am planning on getting WU for testing purposes, and figuring out some "myths" behind some skill.  

Provides a good testing environment hopefully, and will be able to use it to see how our characters will do :D

I was actually expecting a lot of people to be doing that. lol

Anyway, Thanks for the work - Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• Like 2

I'm definitely interested in this.

After you grab the skilldump, can you modify individual boxes? Reason I ask is that I plan to combine my main and priest into one character and remove priest restrictions on my personal server so I'll need to basically take the highest skills of both characters and then import to the game.

• Like 1

I'm definitely interested in this.

After you grab the skilldump, can you modify individual boxes? Reason I ask is that I plan to combine my main and priest into one character and remove priest restrictions on my personal server so I'll need to basically take the highest skills of both characters and then import to the game.

Yes ofcourse, all fields except the skill name are editable and modifications to them will be also pushed to the database

This looks just awesome!

The ability to use existing WO toons that we've spent huge amounts of time on in our own little worlds would just be totally amazing! :)

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 2

This looks just awesome!

The ability to use existing WO toons that we've spent huge amounts of time on in our own little worlds would just be totally amazing! :)

That was the entire point of this tool. Having the crazy skill modifiers and whatnot is all good and dandy but starting all over again sucks regardless

• Like 1

The skilldump is a text file, you can edit it with any text editor like notepad. It may be easier that way.

OTOH the file only lists the skills that your character has learnt/discovered, so a dedicated dump editor/importer with a full list of existing skills may be a better choice if you want to create something completely new.

The skilldump is a text file, you can edit it with any text editor like notepad. It may be easier that way.

True, you could do it that way aswell. I'm just making a visual tool that does it all for ease of use for those who don't wanna fiddle with all that

Edited by WesncIsMe

YES! I LOVE YOU MY FRIEND! This is exactly what I was looking for and thanks to the guy who redirected me to this page.

• Like 1

WIP Update #1

SkillImporterwip3.JPG

I have added some configurable settings for database information that will be required, settable by the config dialog shown above.
Skills require an ID which can be located in skills.txt alongside the program, it will load this and set skills by ID appropriately. This also makes it easier to define new skill names/types and set their ID and change them if needed.

There will be some documentation needed for the tool, some things such as server ID are obtained differently.

Original thread post on my forums

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 1

WIP Update #1

SkillImporterwip3.JPG

I have added some configurable settings for database information that will be required, settable by the config dialog shown above.

Skills require an ID which can be located in skills.txt alongside the program, it will load this and set skills by ID appropriately. This also makes it easier to define new skill names/types and set their ID and change them if needed.

There will be some documentation needed for the tool, some things such as server ID are obtained differently.

Original thread post on my forums

Does this work when you don't have premium anymore but you did before, and now you want the skills you had when you are premium to be transferred and not your current reduced skills?

Does this work when you don't have premium anymore but you did before, and now you want the skills you had when you are premium to be transferred and not your current reduced skills?

Yes it works without premium, having no premium does not effect skill dumps, that is something the game sets on you game and doesnt actually modify your real skills. 

• Like 1

Log into Wurm Online with the character you wish to export and then in the console type: dump skills

Then go to C:\users\username\wurm\players\playername\skills

Yer skills will have a / between them if I remember correctly. The number of the actual skill/current nerfed level if premium is expired.

In another thread it mentioned being able to 'GM create' various things to replace your existing gear, but I'm not really interested in that, although it is quite neat.

Just having my skills and carpentry and masonry in particular in a new world in a new map will be enough for me to be happy as a clam! :)

(Though, admittedly, I may create something like a quality 50 longsword to go with my skills so I can actually damage something...)

My weaponsmithing currently sucketh.

Edited by Belrindor

Looks like a nice Tool for those that want to bring their current skills into their WU server. I plan on just setting everything to 100.00 with all affinities checked for each skill then build, build, build, so I am not sure if this Tool would really be needed to do that. Good work though!

=Ayes=

This looks like an incredibly useful tool. Any idea on when it might be ready for trials now that WU is released?

Well you could OpenSource the tool and share sources on github so more ppl could help with it.

Its currently on BitBucket. I haven't had a chance to do anymore coding on this, between Wurm Unlimited, selling off Wurm stuff and RL stuff I haven't had much time. 

https://bitbucket.org/Wesnc/wurm-unlimited-skill-importer

UI for the most part is complete but it doesn't get the serverids or player IDS properly yet, the dbconnector is highly incomplete.

Edited by WesncIsMe

That was the entire point of this tool. Having the crazy skill modifiers and whatnot is all good and dandy but starting all over again sucks regardless

LOL and I still can't make the large amphora with 5x skill gains!!! : :lol: