Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Disassemble Item/wall

I'd like to see a permission setting to disassemble certain items, like walls, fences, and particular items (Items that can't be disposed of by tossing in a trash bin, such as furniture, wagons, unused signs, etc.)

For example, The mayor could take apart a stone wall and recover some of the bricks used to make it (not all of course, but a percentage based on the wall quality). the mortar would be destroyed in the process and unusable... Wooden walls, fences, and items could recover some of the planks/shafts and nails based off the same percentage of quality. This would of course only be used on deed.

Also, for this process, make it a single action of (undetermined) time, and use the tools used in making the items the same tools to take them apart (and take less damage than destroying them, since you're using the right tool for the job.)

This would allow deed owners preserve some of their hard work when remodeling their places if they choose to do so. (basically, this would make it much easier for a deed owner to move things like fences and hedges. these are particularly difficult to move, since destruction is a long and tiresome process)

Think of it as a Wurmian recycling initiative....

EDIT: as I'm sure ppl will discuss the issue of economy with this idea, perhaps we could make it similar to destroying a tree stump.... single action, no item recovery... this would greatly speed up getting rid of unwanted items and fences easier.

Edited by koroth
  • Like 2

Since you can already pop entire houses if you have the permission to do so, popping fences and fence gates with the Destroy permission also makes sense.

+1

Of course a check would need to be made in the case of PvP - usually no guards = no rules, you'd still have to fall back on the old bashing mechanic in such cases.

• Like 1

+1 maybe incorporate repairing skill into how many/how much you get, it's not entirely related but still sort of on topic of salvaging or whatever

• Like 2

i like the traditional way of smashing things with a large maul

Bump, Really think this one should be implemented.

• Like 1

agree! with any item, there should be a way to disassemble it.

Since this topic has been necromance i will +1 

I like the sound of salvaging bricks.Though, I wish you could salvage at least a brick or two out of 90+ decay fences on undeeded land. It's on it's way out anyway and some people build fences like crazy. Even one or two bricks out of a tile section of abandoned fence could result in a decent amount of reusable bricks on some deeds.

+1 only for ACTUALLY OWNED items.. it's too much power.. and we had people deeding places unlocking everything, loading things just to contraband to chaos... free rare/supreme cart/wagons/etc..

this have so much abusive potential... deeding some old place and scapping everything to usable resources <_<

i've often thought, how nice, that we can salvage iron.
..cept, we don't really need to.

+1 salvage bricks 

Edited by Steveleeb

+10 for easy destruction of on-deed fences, by mayor or permitted citizens.
Should make it easier for new characters to take over abandoned deeds.
B/c we want new characters to make deeds, right?

I know current bash system is set up to prevent griefing and keep PvP balanced, but none of this applies to own deed. Wurm already has reinfoced cave walls that are easily removed by deed mayor, but nigh-impregnable otherwise.

Recovery of materials is OK too. I do not think it will undermine the economy much, as most fence-making materials are fairly common anyway. But I guess bricks/time yeild for fence disassembly should be lower than for mining+cutting.