Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Branded Animals

PvE - obviously :)

Branded Animals can be killed off-deed

I tested this. A person without any deed permissions or animal permissions can attack and kill branded animals off-deed. This is not the functionality I expected, and indeed the Animal Permissions post said that they would be non-attackable. The reason this is not expected is it renders other options useless, such as Manage Equipment. You can allow someone to ride a horse, but they can turn around and take it off-deed and kill it for the gear you were nice enough to put on the horse. 

Branded Animals can be tamed off-deed

I was able to tame an branded animal that was off-deed. Now I couldn't ride it nor could I remove equipment (Message: "You can't reach that"), but it also prevented the mayor of the deed from leading it, though he could manage equipment.

• Like 1

Another issue I just discovered...  I can now brand an animal on deed and lead it, but I can not ride it.

To re-create this issue, brand a horse on your deed, activate a rope, lead the horse (fixed from previous issue ty), right click on the horse you are leading and select ride and you will see a message like this..[17:39:17] You are not allowed to mount the Venerable fat Faithsouth as a driver.

It does not appear to matter if you are the one caring for the animal or not.  I'm caring for Faithsouth, and tried the manage permissions option to see if I had to set specific permissions of the horse, but no window opens when I select the manage option from the animal management menu that I get by right clicking on my body.

The only way to ride the horse is to remove the brand.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Horse is Branded for my deed.

My alt is deed owner of a different deed, and is my trusted friend. 

Alt has been added to that horse's permissions "Manage Item", "Can Ride", "Manage Equipment"

My alt and the horse are physically on my deed.

My alt can ride the horse and change its equipment. 

She has MANAGE ANIMAL when she right clicks the horse but when she tries to manage it, she gets the following error:

[08:51:09] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.​

Edited by Mitzie

Horse is Branded for my deed.

My alt is deed owner of a different deed, and is my trusted friend. 

Alt has been added to that horse's permissions "Manage Item", "Can Ride", "Manage Equipment"

My alt and the horse are physically on my deed.

My alt can ride the horse and change its equipment. 

She has MANAGE ANIMAL when she right clicks the horse but when she tries to manage it, she gets the following error:

[08:51:09] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.​

Mitzie - where is the alt when they try manage animal?  On alt deed or the deed that the horse is branded to?  EDIT:  I see you already said on your deed.

Can you try off deed or on the alt's deed please?

Alt off Deed (undeeded land) she CAN manage the horse.

On Alt's deed, she can also manage the horse.

its just on my deed where she can't, although she has permission to.  I don't know if it matters, but she tried while mounted on the horse and while standing beside it and neither worked.

She returned to my deed and tried again, and still cannot manage it.

Edited by Mitzie

Alt off Deed (undeeded land) she CAN manage the horse.

On Alt's deed, she can also manage the horse.

its just on my deed where she can't, although she has permission to.

Thanks for the details, Mitzie.  Reproducing a couple issues on test in preparation for a fix.

Hello i found the same issue, after branding horses i wasnt able to ride them

It were my own breeded, but i am not the deed owner.

We found it.. I had no manage rights as i was not the owner having managment rights for the animals.

It is settled by setting permissions by deed owner.