Sign in to follow this  
GorgonKain

30min Shutdown Warning

Just wanted to say I loved it and hoped that there will be more of these when it is possible! Thanks for the warning.

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 10

It would be a really nice thing to see more often. That gives you time to get out of dangerous areas.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed having time to get things situated before the shutdown :)

That was really nice and those type of quality of life notifications for players are great. Thanks staff!

a 30 minutes heads up is indeed a welcome change for once.

funny thing is, that 30 minute server maintenance warning got effectively shorter with each re-iteration of the announcment (20 minutes announcement came 9 minutes after the first one, 10 min ann. came 9 minutes later...and so on). In the end there were "only" (which is still a nice change) 24 minutes time before the server went down. I guess somehow clocks works different in sweden or where ever else the message originated from...maybe that due to the 100 km high plateau sweden (or isnt it? o.O) is situated on and times simply passes by faster due to the enourmous height.

Edited by Galadhel

Thirty minutes? You mean I logged out 30 minutes too early? (I honestly thought the server was going down in 10 minutes as usual).

Damn you Rolf, *shakes fist angrily*. 

OK, I agree this is a good idea, and I'm loving it.

• Like 1

Longer timers are needed now - steam is coming .. and those poor people think slower. :P

Note: this post is in jest, and not intended to be taken as personal insult :)

• Like 1

I wasn't in-game to see this. Maybe a 30 minute warning will be the standard policy now? If so this should work for pretty much everyone to get settled without problem.

=Ayes=

I didn't like it tbh, at the risk of spoiling this happy party I felt it was far too long and created a sense of not being able play for half an hour unsure what to start or not start doing.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it,  spent some of that time imping , got a med in and logged off with 2 minutes to spare.  Perhaps we cannot always have it, but it sure was nice. :)