Sign in to follow this  
Neville

Old Blue Whale Spotted Near Glasshollow

Spoitted Moby ###### around B16-B18 (I think). If you go along the north shore east from Glasshollow you may spot the deed in the picture and see this old blue whale not far away from shore. It's friendly unless you attack it in which case you better be running for your life as it has a large HP pool and/or armour and hits hard.

Following images also available at:

http://imgur.com/a/8paIb

yoc3lqR.jpg

41BJzEa.jpg

b05MPdO.jpg

Edited by Neville
  • Like 7

I saw it earlier didn't think much about it, since when have they been considered rare, and unique? Or is this a boss unique whale? :huh:

• Like 1

I have chased ye around the long coasts of Xanadu and across the silver seas of Inde but still ya haunt ma dreams.

And i shall still chase you to the end of my days until i give you up.... Aye it i'll be a cold day in davy jones locker before i give ya up.

So quick you landlubbers, to the longboats we have a monster to kill !!!!

• Like 1

they can be tough, but if you have over 50fs and have good armour and weapon, you should be good.

I've seen them in Epic sometimes, but never in Freedom or even more Xanadu. Thank you Neville for letting me know they do exist on our vast server.

I'm pretty sure i saw and killed one some time ago. Didn't seem much of a challenge.

Edit: I also remember that it dropped some very stupidly low amount of meat for a whale and nothing else of note :P

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Why not let the old whale swim around in piece if there is no real rewards in killing him. Give more people the opertunity to see him.

• Like 5

Why not let the old whale swim around in piece if there is no real rewards in killing him. Give more people the opertunity to see him.

Very much agree with you. A beautiful creature to observe playing around in the offshore waters. Very nice work by the Devs to enhance the Wurm experience of the unexpected.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Easy to solo for 1 person with proper fs and a good weapon

Yes, I didn't want to kill it and if my post sounded a bit overdramatic it was so that new players who may come across it don't start whacking on it with low FS/armour. More of a warning for those players although not explicit in my post. As for people with high FS/armour I have to agree with Killerspike and Ayes. People should go enjoy it for what it is and leave it alone. In fact, get a SELFIE :-)

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's B16.

Becket, go kill the whale out in front of the deed.