Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Most personally valued item

You people objectifying other people who care about you sicken me!  :lol:

• Like 4

I don't have an item I have gotten attached to exactly, but I get really aggressive and protective about my pixel cows for some reason. I just really like Cows!. 

• Like 1

Vean gave me a chisel in old LO and said "follow the rock shards and make bricks" i was such a noob back then  :unsure:.

There is more to life wurm than bricks

• Like 1

Hrm hard to pin down just one item... have collected quite a few over the years, at least counting the ones I still possess: some sold, lost in pvp, lost from resets, etc.

Atm main favorites are:

My current three boks or magic murder bags

Fountain filled with over 500kgs of 85-ish ql red wine.

Rare summer hat I boned after winning a roll from a unique hunt

Chestplate from a long ago scale set, more of a nostalgia piece now. Horton died with the rest on once :P

Couple black dragon skulls. Hoping these will someday have a use as shoulders or helms.

95ql star sapphire... might make it into a sorcery staff someday, assuming decent staff ever obtained and someone with higher natsub than I (52-ish isn't good enough for this)

Knarr collection . Love these ships... had some caravels once and found them far too unwieldy for my tastes, so gifted one to BL's first child empress some years ago (I'll confess that one was stolen to begin with) and sold the rest

The usual mix of weapons, dragon armors, tools, and assorted old gift items gathered over the years.

Edited by Karrde

I treasure the items from long lost players, the sigs.

But I don't understand how you get to hold on to signatures? I had a special one, and one day while examining it, "the signature faded" and "etched my own name into it". You know when that happens? So how do you hold on to such old items and sigs?

I treasure the items from long lost players, the sigs.

But I don't understand how you get to hold on to signatures? I had a special one, and one day while examining it, "the signature faded" and "etched my own name into it". You know when that happens? So how do you hold on to such old items and sigs?

Unfortunately there's not... that feature in particular was placed to patch when player-crafted items became so old the sig would go blank in the database or some such.

Blackout GM built me a new large cart after a mine ate my cart lol has a unique signature. But my knarr his almost 9 years old. :)

Unfortunately there's not... that feature in particular was placed to patch when player-crafted items became so old the sig would go blank in the database or some such.

Dunno how that can be true, I have a carving knife made by Balmore from 2007, the account was banned YEARS ago (2008 or something I don't remember.) and yet I still have the sig on the knife.

Blackout GM built me a new large cart after a mine ate my cart lol has a unique signature. But my knarr his almost 9 years old. :)

made it on release of boats?

Edited by Propheteer

You people objectifying other people who care about you sicken me! :lol:

This guy, because I still have a picture of him drinking something..... "Grins evil-like"

But item wise, I have to many good items, and a lot with memories that I can't sell. I could honestly do a entire topic explaining it. Lol

But my favorite above all, isn't the rarest of them, or even the longest / best story.

My supreme sickle, simply because it's my main tool - and the one I try to make myself known for. It's the tool that takes new seedlings and puts the life and beauty into wurm in the form of saplings/flowers.

Second worth mentioning would probably be my fantastic fruit press (sadly hasn't had much use yet) but once I have a deed up and running, I'd really like to put that thing through a good working. No great story behind it - yet - but I still love it as its my only fantastic.

• Like 1

Dunno how that can be true, I have a carving knife made by Balmore from 2007, the account was banned YEARS ago (2008 or something I don't remember.) and yet I still have the sig on the knife.

Not entirely sure what conditions trigger the sig decay. I'm sure a dev with hands on experience would have a better idea.

I have a lot of items from old friends who drifted away from Wurm that have sort of sentimental value.

As for silly junk:

My collection of old 50kg anvils that I keep forgetting I have, and wonder "why have I kept these?" every time I come across them... The old sign sitting at Oak Harbour dedicated to a horse we had for ages that was lost in the woods when a hunt went pear-shaped, and turned up randomly walking along the edge of the woods more than a month later... My pink boat that underwent several dye jobs to get it *just* the right shade of Pepto-Bismol pink... The tiny sliver of dragon hide from a slaying in, I think, 2012 - but was the first slaying my son and I both got to participate in.

Mostly, my warm-and-fuzzies are tied to mine and my son's homestead areas in game. Whenever I log in these days, I do a lot of the old "when I was a noob, all this was fields..."

My first longsword, given to me by Rudie. I'm not sure if it's the same Rudie that owns the forum account, but yeah. I just recently had it imp'd up to a respectable quality too...

And the corbita I'm about to steal from my friend Jakerivers.

To be continued....

my fountain packs.. allows me to easy categorize everything I own by nesting storage... oh wait, the 5yr olds here didn't want them around.

• Like 1

Not really items that I valued. I always kept selling and buying, even the biggest and most rarest items like rare summer hat or rare glimmer/addy mauls lol. (oh even had a supreme caravel..)

Even sold my first rowboat that got me out of that horrible place you call independence (jokes, I came back once to build a fancy deed there ^^ at freedom docks)

What I most valued was the locations and places I first started out at, or some places where I got massive scavenging loots / huge fs gains.

The feeling when you enter up in a place in your scale armor and other blings, when you used to look up and never think it was a possibility.

And of course just remembering ' oh i remember i grew a champion deer in this pen and it's still up!!' :')

Edited by silakka

The rare 1 silver coin I foraged in my first week of play. Been in my backpack as a lucky charm ever since.

Not really items that I valued. I always kept selling and buying, even the biggest and most rarest items like rare summer hat or rare glimmer/addy mauls lol. (oh even had a supreme caravel..)

Even sold my first rowboat that got me out of that horrible place you call independence (jokes, I came back once to build a fancy deed there ^^ at freedom docks)

What I most valued was the locations and places I first started out at, or some places where I got massive scavenging loots / huge fs gains.

The feeling when you enter up in a place in your scale armor and other blings, when you used to look up and never think it was a possibility.

And of course just remembering ' oh i remember i grew a champion deer in this pen and it's still up!!' :')

Totally get what you mean by locations, I've been in the same location on Deli since launch day of the server, so much personal history of the location, founding the deed, my venture there. 

I hold more sentimental value in the location than anything else, both my hard work spent on it and the progress from getting lost in an olive forest to building up a cozy little deed such as itself.