Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Most personally valued item

still have some tools from my buddy radon. Good times when i was living on deli.  i miss you :(

The most valuable thing I have in Wurm is the friends I've made.

I'm pretty much entirely PvP centric (with a side love of designing and building deeds), so there's nothing I really have that I'd never risk in pvp.  So item wise, I'd say my pickaxe, shovel and hatchet.

In terms of raw value, I have two rather nice items:

Supreme pickaxe with 100 imbue

Rare glimmersteel sword with 2 damage enchants

Rare Black Legion Wagon.

Very stressful moving it from chaos...

I believe there are only 2 others...

I have a blue stool from JKH, I've had it pretty much since I started playing.

Also my rare pickaxe, I almost never go anywhere without it.

and a butchering knife that used to have a Levedara sig on it...

Edited by KyleBooze

My studded leather armor that was made and enchanted by a very special friend on Indy that took me under her wing when I first started playing years ago. I still wear that armor today, and I refuse to wear drake, chain, scale, or anything else. <3

Also, my gnome collection, several of which were bought/given by old friends who quit the game long ago. I've named them after the folks that I received them from, and I keep them on display as a way to remember those players.

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 1

Because I have an obsession with reducing the weight of things I always carry, I'd have to say it's the 1.5kg hatchet from a friend early on in wurm that went rare before rare bones were added.

Everything belongs to Rolf. Even the Deed I pay for belongs to him. I figure there's no sense getting attached to anything... for he can take it away as easily as he allowed me to have temporary possession of all the stuff most would call "mine". Item/Deed ownership in Wurm is an illusion.

Some might call that pessimistic... I call it truthful, and in a world full of lies and delusions as I get older I value truth above all else.

(Perhaps my favorite possession in Wurm is the truth that I own nothing here and that I am under no false impressions about that.)

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Everything belongs to Rolf. Even the Deed I pay for belongs to him. I figure there's no sense getting attached to anything... for he can take it away as easily as he allowed me to have temporary possession of all the stuff most would call "mine". Item/Deed ownership in Wurm is an illusion.

Some might call that pessimistic... I call it truthful, and in a world full of lies and delusions as I get older I value truth above all else.

(Perhaps my favorite possession in Wurm is the truth that I own nothing here and that I am under no false impressions about that.)

profound dude

• Like 1

the corpse of propheteer that you graciously provided me with huntar

• Like 1

I don't like one item, I like having loads of bulk goods. Having 3k good iron, 2k arrows,... in stock for whenever I should need it. I'm a hoarder in wurm.

Mine would probably be a small chest with my GM accounts Sig on it. There are probably only 1 or 2 other items around in the game with it so it holds a fair bit of sentimental value for me :) 

• Like 1

i think mine would be a pickaxe with mauz's signature on it from back when i was a noob and she gave me one to grind mining with. kept it safe ever since 

My most personally valued item is by far my oldest son's cog.  Let me tell you the story.  

My oldest son and I started playing Wurm in May of 2009 (the year 997 in Wurm years).  We were on JK home back then and exploring the map with wonder and excitement.  We finally settled on the north coast in an abandoned village known as Arcadia.  No sooner had we built a few buildings along with a good friend who joined us, Rolf announced the soon-to-be-opening of Independence!  My son had begun building a cog and was determined to finish it so he could take it with him.  He worked day and night adding the hundreds of items to it.  The day of the crossing arrived but my son was not quite finished.  He told me and our friend to go ahead and start the journey to the south coast - he would join us as soon as he was finished.  He wanted to finish it himself.  We set sail in our sailboats, leaving him to finish his cog.  We made our way down the east coast of JKH and towards the southern center of the map for the crossing.  I would guess about 3/4 of the way down we received the message that he had finished his labor of love and had launched!  I was extremely proud of him building a cog with no skill beyond what he achieved making it.  It was his first and only ship.  I was proud to sail next to it as we crossed over into Independence.

Fast forwarding a few years, I found myself living on Deliverance with my son long gone from Wurm.  Other games had taken his interest but his ship and character he gave to me.  Through a series of circumstances and decisions I reluctantly sold this cog to a stranger before moving my gameplay on to Epic.  I came back from Epic to Celebration, then back to Deliverance, then over to Xanadu, and back to Deli.  Over a year and a half had passed since I sold the cog and I had always regretted the sale.  I wondered if I could find it.

I decided to pour over my Wurm logs in hopes of spotting the conversation, the person, and the transaction for I had forgotten all the details.  After a long while of back-stepping my life in Wurm to the point where I had sold it, I found the name of the player!  In a desperate gesture of hope I sent him a PM and tried to refresh his memory of the transaction.  I then humbly asked him if he still owned the old cog.  He did!  It had been sitting quite neglected in a harbor all that time.  I begged the opportunity to buy it back and to my wonder, the owner said he would gladly sell it back to me.  He gave me his location.  I still remember how I felt trying to scan the ships in that harbor to see if I could pick my son's by sight.  His was an old oaken ship and I knew it at once when I saw it.  I examined the side of cog and made out the faded name of the owner - I had found my sons cog!!!  I sailed that old ship back home leading my horse behind me.  I was and still am the luckiest player in Wurm to have sold and then reclaimed this piece of my Wurm History.  I shall never sell it again!

If you are ever up in the NW corner of Deliverance, over at Mottistone Shores, you might look and see a 6.5 year old oaken cog that bears the name 'Yr NineNineSeven JKH'.  Maybe it will make you remember this story and how a game can touch a father's heart.

Thanks son!

• Like 12

Rare stone altar of libila named Bone altar mk2, created by my good friend Jair and imped by my other good friend Paradox.

• Like 1

The only supreme item I've ever gotten/made/touched since playing.. >_> Signature explains it all.

Edited by Takinshi

Probably Lifesavers 80ql chain set with AoSP that i so eagerly confiscated from his house after his retreat from Wurm. 

Can't say I have any "most personally valued item", as I look at them just for functional use for performing various tasks. The work accomplished by using them is what I find to be of much more significance. Yet that in the end leads down the winding road of memories, so I can see how some can easily connect their items to them.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Ayes pretty much said it , but again, no item, just memories are the precious things, And the most precious one, my first run chased by wolf on the road from New Town to Serenity Port.

My favorite things are items I got from friends, like notes, rare cauldron, etc. that have a memory attached. I have a horse named Ragekiss that I like. I like champ cats. I thought I might have to quit if I didn't get my drake back from my corpse when I died on the steepest stone mountain ever.

• Like 3

My most prized possession in wurm? simple.

It's the friends i have made.

...it's the community that makes wurm what it is.

I love you all :) (ok, most of you)

• Like 3