Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Permission System Live!

Active Permissions really should retain their groups. Once you set your permissions, everyone is lumped into one huge list of names in alphabetical order with no indication of their roles.

They should be broken into Village, Allies, Friends at the very least with "Everyone" all by itself somewhere at the bottom.

EDIT again: The first time you open the items permissions, you have a nice universal checkbox for the whole group. It would be really great if that stayed too.

Edited by Audrel

Just to be clear - the owner of an item is the person who last had it in their inventory?  Makes a difference for BSB/FSB's and other lockable containers that are planted outside and not locked.  For example, if I found an abandoned BSB made by someone else, took it back to my place, planted it (let's say off deed) and then someone else puts a lock on it do I loose access to its contents, or will I have manage options?

Seriously do we need to complain about all the restarts??  They are on the ball addressing things  pretty damn quick as they arise!  Sure it interrupts whatever you may be doing but on the other side you would be bitching even more if they weren't fixing them.

Don't log in for a few hours then....  Great job on the release  was timely and addressing things that have come up because of it has been right on point!! :)

uh... seriously try to read it again. it was joke. normaly mentioned with some nice "^^" chars (oh look ! i put them there ! :lol: ). im happy with the restarts - meditating 41 now and every permission set. ty tich and crew

It was a general comment if i had intended it to be directed at you (noemel) I would have quoted your post sorry for any confusion! :)

Edited by Mistvengery

I hope you will also make it possible to sacrifice on an empty altar. If not then a keybind isn't very helpful since you still won't be able to queue actions.

Good point, will check tomorrow to see if it will be changed

• Like 1

thanks so much for adding this! :)

• Fences are now paintable.

Just to be clear - the owner of an item is the person who last had it in their inventory?  Makes a difference for BSB/FSB's and other lockable containers that are planted outside and not locked.  For example, if I found an abandoned BSB made by someone else, took it back to my place, planted it (let's say off deed) and then someone else puts a lock on it do I loose access to its contents, or will I have manage options?

The owner is the person who dropped/unloaded it. The easiest way to check if you're the owner is to see if you have the "rename" option.

Is it possible to see why, and then fix being unable to cast wild growth in a village you are not a member of? we tried doing it with every setting ticked and we just couldn't get it to affect things.

• Fix for player gods, so they allow flatten and level in caves if they can mine.

[23:10:12] Nahjo would not approve of that.

When I try to level with my Nahjo priest inside my mine :(

Love the changes to permissions. 

Edited by Stargrace

Could you please allow us to add ALL perms to a individual player?

and add attaching locks back for alliance. This prevents people from reattaching their lockpicking locks.

Mayor should be able to add whichever permission he chooses to a role and not have some excluded.

Thanks.

Fantastic update, especially the new permission system! To Tich and everybody else involved - from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the time and hard work put into this!!

It's going to make life so much easier and opens up new possibilities :-)  I think you did a great job at explaining what you were planning for each part of the permission system and taking the feedback into account - thanks once again!  :wub:

• Like 1

very happy with new permissions works great,,,,  but  why the hell you didnt do a bit work  on merchant menage!

edit.  also would be great if we can see village plan at every token for each village, public and nice, 

Edited by Sila

Small issue, If the deed settings for repair isn't enabled, it also prevents you from repairing any item that is in your inventory as well.. This permission should only pertain to world objects (carts, wagons, boats) and not a blanket cover of all repairing.

It appears that once I brand my horse, I can no longer lead it while it's in my village.  I appear to have all the permissions for the deed, but when I activate my rope and r-click on the horse the lead option is not there.  I then go to Manage Animals, and unbrand him from there, and I can lead him again.  The horse has no bridle.  

I don't understand why there's bed permissions... does somebody steal your bed Tich?

I don't understand why there's bed permissions... does somebody steal your bed Tich?

Which leads to an interesting question regarding bed history doesn't it.   :P

problem is also you can do nothing now on deed!!!!  

refresh    [02:11:55] The guards kindly inform you that you are not allowed to do that here.

pray   [02:12:54] The guards kindly inform you that you are not allowed to do that here.

build boats   [02:14:01] The guards kindly inform you that you are not allowed to do that here.

we can do all that before  and there is no special settings for that...

players are rondomly hostile on pve

cant drop on deeds items but can plant   if no option pickup

Edited by Sila

I don't notice anything of what you say guys.

Everything here working perfectly.

Great update!  Best patch notes in a while :)

Except the bugs, but hopefully they are fixed soon.

Thank you Tich for the work you have put into this.

Some glitches are to be expected with such a major change and they are being addressed quickly.  

Thank you again.

edit: And thank you to anyone else involved.

Edited by Huserx
  • Like 1

i go and brand all my animals before the restart and now after the restart there all unbranded again what is going on i have to recheck my permissions every time after a restart and things keep coming up messed up either please fix all the issues at one time or stop messing with the ones that are already done thank you. When the permissions first came out i had to go and put new locks on all my carts and wagons because they where all missing after this last restart i have some that are missing locks again.,

Edited by kristof

I noticed my horses had no brands on them either yesterday but I am not rebranding them until this problem at least is resolved.

=Ayes=

Sign in to follow this