Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Permission System Live!

Having to manually edit each gate on deed was a major pain.

Also, deed planner crashes on export.

On a plus note, we can manage individual doors, add single people to village perms ( didn't test yet)

and wagons actually have their name on hover \o/

wagons actually have their name on hover \o/

Large carts show their names now too! Very cool to come up with some creative names for them now.

=Ayes=

Excellent job Tich!

I do, however, have an observation: Alliance permissions, certain settings for my deed(s) that I had disabled before the update are now enabled. Actually, pretty much all the settings are enabled for Alliance. I changed them to what I had set them for and will keep an eye on them.

Thanks Tich for all the hard work, and Warlander (not tested the new deed plan yet but will after the current fixes going on). So far all good and no problems for me, that I am aware of anyway lol. Good excuse to name my gates and important doors, I do like the new system much better, no more writs and keys \o/

Only nit picky thing I noticed is there was no permission setting for fishing on deed, like there used to be. For waterfront deeds does this mean fishing is sort of ok by default or was it just missed?

Only nit picky thing I noticed is there was no permission setting for fishing on deed, like there used to be. For waterfront deeds does this mean fishing is sort of ok by default or was it just missed?

I removed it, as wanted to remove the less used permissions then kept adding new ones, also fish are not a real resource.. plus they cant drop them unless you set permissions so they can!

• Like 3

• You can now sacrifice keys when the lock still exists on same server.

This must be the biggest joke ever.

Now you remove the only way to queue sacrifice actions and you DID NOT add a keybind for sacrifice, like, SERIOUSLY?

Also add sacrificing option on EMPTY altars so you can queue them.

Edited by whykillme

Wait, so we can lock ourselves out of chests and other containers now by sacrificing a key, completely screwing ourselves over?

My first issues with the settings:

Seems ALL settlement roles have the destroy options (fences and items)  ENABLED by default, at least I found it ticked in all my role settings. This might be risky for those who do not check the settings in the first days.

I miss the can pass all gates setting from the deed roles

I removed it, as wanted to remove the less used permissions then kept adding new ones, also fish are not a real resource.. plus they cant drop them unless you set permissions so they can!

ok thanks Tich, not a big issue at all was just curious if a newbie can still go fishing off my pier (don't want em to drop fish anyway, go off deed to cook em :lol:)

• You can now sacrifice keys when the lock still exists on same server.

This must be the biggest joke ever.

Now you remove the only way to queue sacrifice actions and you DID NOT add a keybind for sacrifice, like, SERIOUSLY?

Also add sacrificing option on EMPTY altars so you can queue them.

I never knew about the key trick to queue up sacrificing. I use multiple altars which i think works better anyhow. While the action timer is going on, I will fill all the altars and then sac, cast, sac, cast, etc

+1 for adding a sacrifice key bind.

+1 for keybinding everything

PVP related question - Are the names we put on the mine doors or other doors in anyway visible to enemy players?

PVP related question - Are the names we put on the mine doors or other doors in anyway visible to enemy players?

Should not be.

• Like 1

Can you put the server down for an hour or w/e it takes and fix all bugs.

Repeatedly going up and down is annoying now.

On the plus side, I got a ton of free meditations already...

A sacrifice key bind is coming very 'soon' (as in: 'within next few updates soon'), along with a bunch of other key binds

• Like 3

holy #### . can you please fix all your bugs in one time and not restarting every 5 minutes ^^ (meditating increased to 40 yeah !)

Seriously do we need to complain about all the restarts??  They are on the ball addressing things  pretty damn quick as they arise!  Sure it interrupts whatever you may be doing but on the other side you would be bitching even more if they weren't fixing them.

Don't log in for a few hours then....  Great job on the release  was timely and addressing things that have come up because of it has been right on point!! :)

Wait, so we can lock ourselves out of chests and other containers now by sacrificing a key, completely screwing ourselves over?

I feel like this is screwed up enough that it bears repeating as many times as humanly possible.

I feel like this is screwed up enough that it bears repeating as many times as humanly possible.

but you cant lock the chest unless you are its owner... and once its locked as the owner you can do anything (permissions wise) with it.

Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't aware that those kinds of items were covered under the new permissions system.

This is what I get for posting while on my lunch break at work when I can't log in and verify things.

any? lockable item has permissions now.  so now you can lock such items, give villagers/allies/specific people access, and no longer worry about some random idiot messing them up.

• Like 1

• Deed plan now available for mayors. :wub:   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Is this what i think what it iss?

A sacrifice key bind is coming very 'soon' (as in: 'within next few updates soon'), along with a bunch of other key binds

I hope you will also make it possible to sacrifice on an empty altar. If not then a keybind isn't very helpful since you still won't be able to queue actions.

every bed needs permissions, but I don't see any way to manage them remotely - you gotta be kidding me if I've got to go to every bed on every server i own and change permissions so that the folks sleeping in them can go back to sleeping in them after they log on - just logged an alt in to grind some farming, and when I tried to put the alt to sleep in the bed it woke up in I couldn't -

IF YOU PUT A PERMISSION ON IT - ALLOW THE PERSON WHO HAS PERMISSIONS TO CHANGE THEM REMOTELY 

This goes for BSB/FSB's chests etc as well   - it's going to take me weeks to fix all the permissions I have to set if I have to do it in person one at a time

Edited by Blackmage

Sign in to follow this