Sign in to follow this  
Nikalus

Mod Idea/Request for Priests

Not sure if this is a great idea, or even technically feasible...  One of the big concerns with being unable to multibox on a solo map (run on your own machine, or on a private server) is the inability to cast some of the bigger priest spells which require linking.  To any of the programming-savvy people in the community, what about this idea for a mod?

Some form of statue (like the permanently placed kind, not the small spellcasting kind) that could be built near an altar and dedicated to a specific deity (similar to how the stone / metal altars are dedicated).  Once the statue is dedicated to that deity, a priest (or priests) could cast Vessel on it, allowing it to store favor similar to a gem.  When the time comes to cast one of the big spells, a priest would be able to select one or more of these statues and "link" with them, similar to linking to another priest.  Once linked, the caster would be able to draw on the favor stored in the statue the same way they would draw on another linked players' favor.

I would guess maybe the max amount of stored favor could be determined by QL x 2, with a max of 100 per statue (forcing multiple statues for the really big rituals).

I have no idea how permissions could be controlled for it, or even if they would need to be (could just lock it up in a building).  Obviously if the statue is dedicated to a specific deity, then priests of other deities wouldn't be able to use it.

or you can just set the linked one to lower faith and save a ton of work.

You mean lower the cost of the link spells?  I suppose that'd be an option to.  :)  I'm just trying to think of something that would require the same amount of work for the same spells, relatively speaking.

You mean lower the cost of the link spells?  I suppose that'd be an option to.   :)  I'm just trying to think of something that would require the same amount of work for the same spells, relatively speaking.

That, and it would actually look pretty cool ingame. You could really build some nice temples with those statues and make a somewhat balanced solution for the high-faith spells.

I like it :) Perhaps even use scaled down collosi statues, some of those already have nice models and it sounds "simple" to set their size to another value for modders out there.

You could rip the Altar of Three apart and make them smaller gold statues.  Very expensive to mine all that gold, get your goldsmithing up, and store your favor in it.  Maybe Fo prefers wood though, make it so it takes a long time and skill to whittle a log down (nvm mind Fo hates logging)

This idea might even work in the MMO for getting rid of priest battery alts since it would be a lot of work to make the battery just like making the alt  (not that they would ever make that change as it will cost them alt money and it ruins what is supposed to be a social economy even though alts have already ruined that!)  

Edited by yarnevk

Would be interesting for WO too yeap.

Thinking impalongs for example.

I take it back it will not get rid of priest battery alts, they would still get used to charge up the statue faster than your neighbor.  And you could still link up with your neighbor and impalongs to help charge your statue if you want.  But it enables both WO/WU to be played solo and aside from timers in WU can be done so it takes as much time to achieve.

Please move to Wurm Unlimited - Unlimited Creations - Requests.

And in response to yarnevk's comment about battery alts being used to charge up the statue faster...  How would that work?  I was under the impression that favor only regens while logged in, and only one can be logged in at once (unless that's changed in the pages of feature commentary).  :)

I was under the impression that favor only regens while logged in, and only one can be logged in at once (unless that's changed in the pages of feature commentary).   :)

Multiboxing on another steam account with another purchased game copy is not prohibited....Steam Wins, Rolf Wins, Player Wins.  

or you can just set the linked one to lower faith and save a ton of work.

Edited by Alexgopen