Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Jock's WU Server.

I am Planning to produce a WU server, i expect it to be mostly pvp based,however i would love to bring in a pve community also. I will spend a few weeks testing out the modding capabilities of WU and the begin sorting out the components below ensuring to test them. All tests will be transparent as to ensure fairness to players to available to help with testing.

Current plan

Map 1

This is the spawn map, it will be small i expect to reset it every 3 months.

Skill gain will increase here as the main map goes on to help reduce the gap for new player and is a one way trip off.

BL style, no rules kingdom.

Map 2

Large broken continent map with easy access to main land.

1 Spawn deed, with zero guards and very small size close to the side map one is on, purpose is for trader and a place to spawn.

Pmk are free and with no people limits.

Deeds cost zero money to buy land but guards are expensive 3-5s each

money generated from hunting and all resource skills(woodcutting,mining,farming and digging)

kings with x number of members will gain the "purse" an % of the servers money shared between all kingdoms of that size.

traders will not gain money

Changes

rock and dirt max slope changed

dirt 1.5x skill

rock 3x 

re balance armors

revert dragon armor change, increasing the drops from dragons but retaining the must be imped with dragon hide.

re-balance armors (adjusting closer to damage types, e.g. buff chain against slashing to 80% but low against pierce or lower block chance with shield when wearing heavy armors Test dependent)

remove curve but increase skill gain to compensate (formula is dumb)

improve imp rates (aimed at 100% increase of now, split over 33% faster at 100 skill and 77% faster at 100ql tools)

increase creation times of bricks and other mundane things to improve bulk production(25% faster increase @100 skill, 75% increase @100ql)

increase digging speed (50% @ 100ql)

Improve casting rates (statuette to effect chance on enchanting not combat)

Buff hate bonus spell immunity (to include all spells, e.g. pillars)

Buff knowledge bonus (to 33%)

Reduce meditation skill gain but garentee ticks (overall should be same speed as now but with no none ticks, perhaps a little faster due to that).

Increase Horse birth cycle (speed up rate to produce new horses)

Digging dirt to be managed similar to how rockshards are created when mining. Straight in to a pile

Increase overall production of the game. e.g  faster to create charcoal piles.

Primary concern is to increase the productivity of wurm due to the turn round of pvp. This will also allow new players to "bridge the gap" by using higher tool qls to be productive

Hota 

Small Hota Area

Allocate 1kg to every kingdom that shows up with x number of player to the hota(might be a timer)

Spawn Chests and lootboxes while hota is on (money, gems shinies)

Increase timers to capture and win hota (rewards will increase due to this maybe)

passive restone for everyone within hota zone while hota is active (if moddable)

Missions

Everyone has a very low chance to win item if there god wins( 0.01%, they will have to do missions to get karma if they do win ;)

Change the severity of the destruction of epic events

Tie in unique spawning with scenario wins.

Add in combat based missions e.g. kill 10 libila followers or kill a mag priest

expand on Pve missions e.g. spawn 100 greenish troll traitors, kill dragon

Add in second chance to win via "insane missions" e.g. build temple on completion everyone in area gets x moon metal.

Priests

Allow mag to lockpick

Allow mag to catapult, bash

Allow lib to bash

Give Lib Restone buff

*more to come

These are the changes i have in mind thus far but i will ensure to test them and expand on them as time draws closer. If you have any questions please ask.

I do not have a set date for launch yet, really depends on testing.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 3

Frequently Asked Questions

I'll update this with questions and answered overtime.

do you mind me asking how you's plan for people to raise funds ingame or do yous plan some sort of charge for real money?

Money generated from hunting and all resource skills(woodcutting,mining,farming and digging)

kings with x number of members will gain the "purse" an % of the servers money shared between all kingdoms of that size.

What about the skill exp and timers rate? pls challenge or faster

i expect to remove the curve but increase the speed. perhaps 50% faster than epic with no curve, this will be dependent on testing..

I will reduce the timers on imping all gear and doing the monotonous task e.g. brick making, to improve game play

TradingAlt, on 13 Oct 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

What is stopping a player from dropping a deed that is a ridiculous size if there is no cost for deeds.

Several factors, 

First all deeded land must be withing kingdom influence.

Second deed drains will be scaled up based on size. the larger the deed the larger the drain. Personally i would like to drains be exactly one months upkeep taken from the token but this will have to be balanced and tested. Plus with guards going to be aiming for the 5s mark having lots of them to protect the land won't be majorly viable.

Edited by JockII

good luck with your server you plan jock, but i really dont see any positive things about WU.

you say "Deeds cost zero money to buy land but guards are expensive 3-5s each"

do you mind me asking how you's plan for people to raise funds ingame or do yous plan some sort of charge for real money?

• Like 1

The very next line says:

money generated from hunting and all resource skills(woodcutting,mining,farming and digging)

:)

i read that but i suspect there must be another charge somewhere its reason i was asking.

The idea was to make money circulate amoungst players rather than charging deeds for land that you conquered. Since its a pmk based kingdom server, the kings will be allocated money based on the land they have captured via towers. This money will come from all deed guards. Paying for a deed should be expensive to maintain the guards so pulling players together to farm more plus with hota chests also going to contain some silvers.

I will balance the drain out to encourage that thee be a certain amount of silver to player ratio to encourage a healthy economy.

with regards to deed sizes. i expect i will adjust max deed size based on player count like 20x20 then plus one per player in deed or something.

Edited by JockII

What about the skill exp and timers rate? pls challenge or faster

i expect to remove the curve but increase the speed. perhaps 50% faster than epic with no curve, this will be dependent on testing..

I will reduce the timers on imping all gear and doing the monotonous task e.g. brick making, to improve game play

The idea is to make it easier for players to recoup the gear losses in pvp without destroying the value of the gear as loot to much.

• Like 1

The idea is to make it easier for players to recoup the gear losses in pvp without destroying the value of the gear as loot to much.

Would coal making be put in this? Example: Coal piles working like 6x as fast as they do now? 

Would coal making be put in this? Example: Coal piles working like 6x as fast as they do now? 

it would be more the construction of them. So you could make more in the same time. Think mass production. where you could make say 20 piles in a day you can now make 40.

i'd personally like to see a concept that strays away from usage of rez stones (passive or not) the fact that someone can die and run back to the fight in anyway is a silly concept.

also

What is stopping a player from dropping a deed that is a ridiculous size if there is no cost for deeds.

Edited by TradingAlt

Simple:

Clear rules on deed size.

GM giving a warning to people not respecting the rule.

GM summoning the papers, disbanding the deed, kicking the player out  after a 48 hours period.

Edited by topkos

Several factors,

Second deed drains will be scaled up based on size. the larger the deed the larger the drain. Personally i would like to drains be exactly one months upkeep taken from the token but this will have to be balanced and tested. Plus with guards going to be aiming for the 5s mark having lots of them to protect the land won't be majorly viable.

Several factors,

so... "Deeds" themselves don't cost anything, but Upkeep/Guards do?

PS, if every "action" essentially generates coin... you'll be drowning in coins and decades worth of upkeep in deeds.  IE, deeds will never disband.

yes deeds cost nothing + not every action will create coins.

yes deeds cost nothing + not every action will create coins.

How many slots will your server be able to hold? It's gonna take massive resources...