Sign in to follow this  
IloveWurm

How to with more than one account?

but it would be easier for us to allow multiple clients. i will see how this works as single player, game is not even out yet :ph34r:

I agree, and that would be a much better solution than changing the game for everyone, thereby ruining the experience for everyone else. 

People demanding changes be made to the base game, which hasn't even been released yet, just so they can more easily play without inviting other people to their server, is just absurd. 

Sweeping changes to the game should not be made to satisfy a personal preference to play alone, when it affects everyone else who plays the game as well.  This demand is especially unfair to the rest of the playerbase when you consider that these changes can be made individually per server via mods and gm abilities without affecting the ingame experience of every other player, who may not wish to play with potentially unbalanced and gamebreaking easy-mode spells in a multiplayer server.  He is demanding that the devs modify the released version of the game so that it's easier for him because he doesn't want to mod it himself, while also requiring that anyone who doesn't want these changes to have to mod the game back to using it's original favor values.  He is so lazy that rather than do the work once himself, he wants the devs to do it once for him, and then everyone besides him mod it a second time to undo the modification made by the devs. 

I cannot fathom what goes on in these people's heads to make them feel so entitled.

Here is my 2 second thought to fix priest.

Ability to have statues you link with and as you pray they can fill up as well with faith power like a gem does. Then when you need to cast a 3 priest spell you can just carry each statue with you and cast.

Only 3 statues can be carried.

Or you can have a new item called the Priest Rod of Power where as soon as the priest gains power they can click and transfer the power to the Priest Rod of Power this rod holds max of 3 priest power pool. Then once they fill it with enough power they can cast a spell.

Took me 2 seconds to come up with a simple solution for single player linking spells.

• Like 1

That mod request thread for status priests was already posted both here and on steam

but it would be easier for us to allow multiple clients. i will see how this works as single player, game is not even out yet :ph34r:

Multiple purchased clients are allowed as long as they belong to multiple steam accounts.    Those with altatis have already shown willingness to pay for a per character fee to enable multiboxing, so why would they change such a profitable policy?    Those who want to restrict themselves to one client can have as many alts as they want, just one at a time.   Also there is no actual single player mode, it is by design a multiplayer game.  Single player just means you are running both the client and and a local server that whose population consists only of you (and any alts you might login with)   Ark Survival Evolved works that way, the downside is you need a more powerful CPU to do both.

Edited by yarnevk

That mod request thread for status priests was already posted both here and on steam​.

Well I don't read mod boards cause I'll be doing my own moding of WU and really don't care for others mod's to be honest. Rolf made a great game just missing some stuff to make it greater.

Ability to have statues you link with and as you pray they can fill up as well with faith power like a gem does. Then when you need to cast a 3 priest spell you can just carry each statue with you and cast.

Or you can have a new item called the Priest Rod of Power where as soon as the priest gains power they can click and transfer the power to the Priest Rod of Power this rod holds max of 3 priest power pool. Then once they fill it with enough power they can cast a spell.

Took me 2 seconds to come up with a simple solution for single player linking spells.

Rather than holding faith = priest faith*3 it should be 3 charges. The reason for this is that you could keep spamming charges whenever you have 10 faith banked which does 2 things.

1: makes gems obsolete as you can channel grind using this method.

2: it's alot faster to spam 30 casts of 10 faith than it is to spam 3 casts of 100 faith.

If I were to implement something like this, I'd say:

"can hold up to 3 charges. You may cast 1 charge per day."

I'd also have it be a unique item you receive upon becoming a priest so multiples can't be spammed.

This prevents it being a channel grind option. Ofcourse it's entirely up to you with how you wish to implement it on your server.

Edited by Acaos

Multiple purchased clients are allowed as long as they belong to multiple steam accounts.    Those with altatis have already shown willingness to pay for a per character fee to enable multiboxing, so why would they change such a profitable policy?    Those who want to restrict themselves to one client can have as many alts as they want, just one at a time.   Also there is no actual single player mode, it is by design a multiplayer game.  Single player just means you are running both the client and and a local server that whose population consists only of you (and any alts you might login with)   Ark Survival Evolved works that way, the downside is you need a more powerful CPU to do both.

I agree just spend the extra money and play multiple accounts, over multiple steam accounts, I will be buying 4 copy's already 3 for myself 1 one for a friend.

As others have said only other option is mod the game you are entitled to do so. 

Why not just have it so you can link to a filled gem in your inventory thus extending your max favor over your faith at the cost of time filling the gems in the first place. Not linking to the gems would make them [use] to fill favor to faith as usual.

From newsletter #77

As you may have already heard this week, we dropped some very big news about the future of Wurm. On October 21st, we'll be releasing Wurm Unlimited, a standalone version of the game that will allow you to play in a singleplayer world and host your own servers.

The objective with Unlimited is to bring Wurm to a wider audience. By releasing it on Steam and with the help of a professional publisher, it'll bring Wurm to lots of of new people, who will be able to enjoy Wurm in a new and more accessible way. The Adventure mode, for instance, will allow players to explore a single-player sandbox world as a totally new experience - that we hope to be more accessible to more people. Scripted game worlds are fantastic ways to introduce complicated games more gradually, allowing Unlimited to help reduce the steepness of Wurm's learning curve.

Edited by Cecci

From newsletter #77

As you may have already heard this week, we dropped some very big news about the future of Wurm. On October 21st, we'll be releasing Wurm Unlimited, a standalone version of the game that will allow you to play in a singleplayer world and host your own servers.

The objective with Unlimited is to bring Wurm to a wider audience. By releasing it on Steam and with the help of a professional publisher, it'll bring Wurm to lots of of new people, who will be able to enjoy Wurm in a new and more accessible way. The Adventure mode, for instance, will allow players to explore a single-player sandbox world as a totally new experience - that we hope to be more accessible to more people. Scripted game worlds are fantastic ways to introduce complicated games more gradually, allowing Unlimited to help reduce the steepness of Wurm's learning curve.

Your argument is the same as saying Minecraft is a singleplayer game, just because you can play "in a singleplayer world and host your own servers", when it is clearly it is a game with both options available, same as Wurm Unlimited.  Having a singleplayer mode does not make a game a "single-player game".  By your logic, you could call any multiplayer game a singleplayer game, if at any point there's a situation where a player is in the world with nobody else.  By your logic, Wurm Online is a singleplayer game, because I once logged in to Elevation after a server restart and I was the only player online.  I guess all 100+ favor spells in Wurm Online need to be changed so that I can cast them as a lone player, because obviously Wurm Online is a singleplayer game. 

And this "singleplayer mode" that you insist is the primary game mode and selling point of Wurm Unlimited? It's nothing more than hosting a server and inviting nobody else, as per Warlander:

21c7f3cce4bb89f59a51296182fc3c98.png

Edited by Alexgopen

Quotes it and then fails to read it.... true story.

Guys like these are why building houses under bridges will eventually be modded ^_^

In my last post I did not show an opinion at all, I merely posted a quote from an official newsletter.

Alexgopen you seriously need to calm down and read and use your brain before you reply to things.
Specially on the logic part that you have no idea of, since all you got there was a quote.

And the quote was regarding WU nothing else.

I'd agree to accept an "I'm sorry" from you for making a statement about my brain functions,
saying stuff about my ability to think logically and also about what sort of stuff I insist on.

And you could also admit that you jumped to a conclusion there based on your own mind and previous life experiences
and that what you wrote had nothing to do with me.

-1 for Alexgopen.

I agree just spend the extra money and play multiple accounts, over multiple steam accounts, I will be buying 4 copy's already 3 for myself 1 one for a friend.

As others have said only other option is mod the game you are entitled to do so. 

My biggest issue with this is are we for sure going to be able to log in with different steam accounts? I have no issue paying for multiple copies and will plan on paying for about 6 copies if it's possible. But multi-boxing is essential imo for this game and if I can't have multiple accounts going at the same time, regardless of how many steam accounts and purchases it requires, it's a no go.

• Like 1

You will have to run each Steam account on a separate PC. Otherwise yes to the above.

Or use virtual PC software that appears to make your PC look like multiples.  Steam is not going to ban you unless you are caught by the devs working around a VAC ban (which is quite common cheaters have nothing against rebuying the game since they already paid for cheater programs).   There is no VAC in WU.  And Rolf is never going to ban anyone for multiboxing when their entire WO biz model and game design is founded on making more money on alts, why would he ever ban it in WU if it cost him alt money?   Sure it is a bannable offense in many other MMO/multiplayer but that is wogic for once working for you rather than against you..

Edited by yarnevk

In my last post I did not show an opinion at all, I merely posted a quote from an official newsletter.

Alexgopen you seriously need to calm down and read and use your brain before you reply to things.

Specially on the logic part that you have no idea of, since all you got there was a quote.

And the quote was regarding WU nothing else.

I'd agree to accept an "I'm sorry" from you for making a statement about my brain functions,

saying stuff about my ability to think logically and also about what sort of stuff I insist on.

And you could also admit that you jumped to a conclusion there based on your own mind and previous life experiences

and that what you wrote had nothing to do with me.

-1 for Alexgopen.

You bolded the words singleplayer, twice. You made your opinion clear.

You spoiled freedomers keep insisting that this is a singleplayer game and that devs need to make concessions to you to make it easier, meanwhile forcing everyone else to play with handicapped favor requirements. 

Make an option for players to change favor costs? Sure

Make a mod to change favor costs? Sure

Change the game so that all priest spells use less than 100 favor? Absolutely not.

You may want to play that way, but it doesn't mean you should force your easymode favor handicap upon the rest of us, who want to play the game like normal and keep standard favor values to make 100+ favor enchants still valuable, while encouraging cooperation among players. 

You seem to mix up topics now, Alexgopen.

And the two games.

Personally I prefer cooperating in Wurmonline btw.

Or use virtual PC software that appears to make your PC look like multiples.  Steam is not going to ban you unless you are caught by the devs working around a VAC ban (which is quite common cheaters have nothing against rebuying the game since they already paid for cheater programs).   There is no VAC in WU.  And Rolf is never going to ban anyone for multiboxing when their entire WO biz model and game design is founded on making more money on alts, why would he ever ban it in WU if it cost him alt money?   Sure it is a bannable offense in many other MMO/multiplayer but that is wogic for once working for you rather than against you..

Yes, a VM PC is a separate PC.  I thought that would be obvious but I guess I should have included that in my reply.  :)   By the way, the term "multiboxing" was coined for people using separate PC boxes to play multiple accounts at the same time.  What most people do in WO is what I'd call Multiclient, not multibox.  ;) 

• Like 1

I never had success multiclient in WO had to multibox.  I even had to logoff my alt mayors at the deed token because if they had to walk anywhere it would be seriously painful lag.  And my miners always ended up dying to spiders because I did not get to them in time.  But that was years ago before the VAT tax price increase when I had a lesser CPU/GPU/MEM, after that I had no alts to worry about.

Edited by yarnevk

all this crap and worry warts...

just stay here and dont waste your time ..

you know you will be back here any ways 

Can't say I will, that's the thing.

While I do miss this community (aside from the always present crap that goes down like earlier in this thread) I would like to take full advantage of WU and haven't played WO in 2 years, so no I won't be back and I know that. Has there been any more info on possible dual or multiboxing?

I see many posts through the forums saying a person wants to be a single player and therefore they should be able to have a character that does 100% of everything such as spells from each faith etc.  I do not know where that comes from there are tons of single players games around where you choose a starting character that has skills limited/set to that character and are not the full skills available in a game.  I am sure these things can be done for those who want it, but much of them would be custom changes the community will be making themselves.

It is not so much that I want single player, it is that I am in full realizeation that I will indeed spend most of my time alone. For years I played mostly by myself when I played on deliverence map. There would be fly by night citizens sticking me with buildings on the *deed (edit *corrected typo). My neighbors would move away. I would spend days, weeks, even months never seeing anyone show up in local. If they did they where just passing through. Perhaps its just my bad breath?

Never the less I learned I can not depend on anyone %100 to be there. I myself have had to take breaks from time to time and have some friends that do as well. Now with everyone being able to have there own server it is more probable that I could almost never get someone to join me on my own.

Somehow a solution must arise to have a full Wurm expirience that does not require (although welcomed) other players. Other than perhaps spawning myself a spygass and a few other things such as a bag of holding or make my upkeep free. I plan to play my own server not really much different than WO. being I will not cheat like mad with GM powers if I can help it.

Perhaps if I can tweak some fundmental laws, like allow loaded ovens in large ships to light I will do that for when I want to just spend the day out on the ocean and fish and make meals.

Or allow a secondary feature of gems so that I don't just have the 'Use' command but can tell the gem to link to me as if it was a linking priest I could still in essence have a simular to WO expirence.

But how to be a priest without the harsh restrictions? I guess as long as I can have more than one 'toon' even if they can't be on at the same time could be perfectly fine. I understand why they exist in WO. to encourage commerce and community. What to do to play a game that is nice as an mmo but forces you to sometimes be alone? I would suredly be fine with priest restrictions as long as I can just log out and log in as another toon.

Ok so we will be able to plant the pole to plan bridges alone. Awesome. does not deviate from WO much at all but solves the problem.

ok I have blabered enough. Begone with me now *poof*

Edited by Crustyfoot