Sign in to follow this  
IloveWurm

How to with more than one account?

Steam doesn't allow more than one instance open. I'm assuming, to play two characters, you will need two steam accounts with two game keys?

vmware

because Java rendering works great through VM?

Lets hope they figure out a way to make bridges work with just one player like plant the range-pole then go to the other side and plan it. As far as the spells go i guess they will need to make them all under 100 faith.

The bridges is the only big one i am worried about..well and maybe LT

There is no need to make any spells under 100 faith and change those ones that need linking.  The game is designed to allow multiple players, if you do not want that it is also there for you to edit the settings and change it yourself.

• Like 2

Lets hope they figure out a way to make bridges work with just one player like plant the range-pole then go to the other side and plan it. As far as the spells go i guess they will need to make them all under 100 faith.

From what I understand, Tich was working on making the range pole plantable early last week and it was going well.

• Like 1

From what I understand, Tich was working on making the range pole plantable early last week and it was going well.

I think they will need to change the model a little on it too so that it is more visible. 

There is no need to make any spells under 100 faith and change those ones that need linking.  The game is designed to allow multiple players, if you do not want that it is also there for you to edit the settings and change it yourself.

Well they are advertising it as a single player game too. 

The global spells i can understand but the ones like LT..etc should be lowered in the WU version so you just need one priest.  (i guess as long as you can change the casting requirement yourself then that's fine too)

Edited by Kegan

I see many posts through the forums saying a person wants to be a single player and therefore they should be able to have a character that does 100% of everything such as spells from each faith etc.  I do not know where that comes from there are tons of single players games around where you choose a starting character that has skills limited/set to that character and are not the full skills available in a game.  I am sure these things can be done for those who want it, but much of them would be custom changes the community will be making themselves.

• Like 3

I dont mind making three priest like you would make in other games but not being able too cast the high end spells on that one priest is my issue.  I guess in the end there will be some things you just can not do in the vanilla WU without more then one player though like kill dragons..etc

FFS. If people bothered to read they would have seen this has already been resolved. I keep seeing people cry about the same stuff over and over and if some attention had been paid to dev posts they would have saved themselves some worry.

I see many posts through the forums saying a person wants to be a single player and therefore they should be able to have a character that does 100% of everything such as spells from each faith etc.  I do not know where that comes from there are tons of single players games around where you choose a starting character that has skills limited/set to that character and are not the full skills available in a game.  I am sure these things can be done for those who want it, but much of them would be custom changes the community will be making themselves.

The most popular MMO allow double boxing. Yeah I know, Steam won't. That is what people want so they can run an alt and a main at the same time. Not sure how that would could be done. Maybe someday when it's offered on other venues? Or would Steam even allow that once a game is Steam enabled?

FFS. If people bothered to read they would have seen this has already been resolved. I keep seeing people cry about the same stuff over and over and if some attention had been paid to dev posts they would have saved themselves some worry.

Where is this posted at? I have never seen anything about it unless it is hidden away in the 72 topics here in the WU section. (not everyone reads each and ever little post made) 

Edit: I know i had suggested the range pole be plantable but i had not see any official post about them working on it. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Leave the limitation, this makes for an obvious advantage to playing Wurm Online over Wurm Unlimited.

Leave the limitation, this makes for an obvious advantage to playing Wurm Online over Wurm Unlimited.

Remember...this will be wurm...unlimited....if they do what you suggesting they need to change the name too.

-1 to you

Hey what about Mind Stealer? I love it.

In those games you can replay it and choose another option. Priest and Crafters in WO were created in order to force multiplayer cooperation. Its not the same thing. In many of those single player games you consume the same content yet progress with different tools. 

Although, the player can create priest alts, just not have them all logged in at the same time. It also won't be long before community mods solve this concern.

Lastly, Can we please try to respect that others might desire something different. Further, try and not tell others how to play WU?

This  should NOT be  up to use to try  and mod the game  to make a feature of wurm work properly, thats the devs job.  Priests need to be reworked for SP and what if people want SP hosted servers or dont have friends,  we are not devs we dont know how to change these things, Hence the devs should make  the changes to allow us to do everyone on one char and  spells like LT etc taken down to  100 faith or 70 faith etc, Maybe  like the bartender  noobs use in WO,  could add one ingame that turns people into priest and remove all penalties from priests, that way will most def work out perfectly. Also will religions like  Nahjo will in WU?  as that one seems to have the best of the main 3 making it extremely useful and perfect for WU. So  devs, can you do it?   Steams not like your usual stuff.    Can just toss it on people and assume they will figure it out, Over there they will end you for even thinking that, in there minds its the devs jobs to have it thought up before hand. Sure they will make mods, but what if we dont want to use mods? etc. Just saying thing of everyone when releasing WU, and not yourselves, cuz this time you will be at the mercy of the players  and they can make ya or break ya. Look at starforge etc.  IF ya anger them youll be slammed with negative reviews which will ruin ya forever anywhere.

Edited by fatboy

Where is this posted at? I have never seen anything about it unless it is hidden away in the 72 topics here in the WU section. (not everyone reads each and ever little post made) 

Edit: I know i had suggested the range pole be pantable but i had not see any official post about them working on it. 

And there is the problem. Don't read all the posts. It's a waste of time. Just look for dev posts and read those. You would be surprised at what you find.  ;)

And there is the problem. Don't read all the posts. It's a waste of time. Just look for dev posts and read those. You would be surprised at what you find.  ;)

I'm sure I've read all the posts... so far it's very unclear in many things.

To host a server on something other than one's PC, that takes 2 accounts, server one and client one.  By Rolf's reply, you "login steam on the hosted computer, install the server software, magic!!" ... which is nice until I need to login my OTHER account at home to login my CLIENT. 

Would that mean two purchases, one for server and one for client?  <insert several questions here that point to the same thing>

Now if you're so sure a clear answer has been given about that, how about less snark and more link.

• Like 1