Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Screenshots on Steam

I was looking at the steam page a little bit ago and i just feel that some of the screenshots are not the best to represent the game.  It does not matter much to us as we all know what the game is but for new people that is one of the only things that they have to go on.

There are loads of really nice screenshots in the forums and you could even ask for more if you need them but i just feel that some of the screenshots on the steam page are not up to par.

We only have one chance to make a good first impression so take the time and make the steam page look its best. 

• Like 4

+1 to this idea, best community screenshots should be published on Steam front page IMO. :)

And the trailer is just bad... Every trailer would be better than this one. sorry.

And the trailer is just bad... Every trailer would be better than this one. sorry.

It has some good parts but yea it is not the greatest either.

This steam page is where they should focus a lot of time on because it is the handshake of the game if you will and it needs to be the best it possible can be. (show a guy farming, tending to animals, going to battle, building a house, killing a dragon, mining, cutting down trees just everything you can think of)

Edited by Kegan

Someone should start showing off the beauty of wurm in the steam discussion board*

Edited by akaedis

Don't worry, we will take care of trailer and screenshots soon - there are still more than 2 weeks left. :)

• Like 1

And what is a 'good screen shot'? In the weekly update you see shots of stuff that takes forever to build, big bridges, big buildings, big everything. That's not what most of WURM is. How about screen shots of what we see most. Beautiful landscapes, small deeds, regular stuff instead of huge monumental takes forever to build things. And please, no more rainbow hued rows of boats and uber guys in plate.

Don't worry, we will take care of trailer and screenshots soon - there are still more than 2 weeks left. :)

Everything Kegan said.

If it's already on Steam, people are already seeing it. Now is better than Oct 21st.

First impressions are everything on Steam.

Also, it would be great to fix Wood textures/types and the Shader system before the 21st also. (crosses fingers)

(You know, since all the excuses were about Boats, Bridges and whatnot)

Edited by Trake

Yeah fair enough trailer has good parts but the beginning is boring.

I noticed at the top of their forum page, a screenshots tab and a videos tab but they're both empty and I wondered why.  I would think that is where people would be posting pics & vids but I rarely ever go to their website so for all I know it could have stuff that's only visible if you have an account and log in. Or maybe those sections are only for "official" people to post things.  *shrugs*  Either post things  there or someone could start a "screenshots" thread there like we have here, or a link to our thread.  I agree that it would probably be helpful to have stuff for people to look at.

I am not real sure how that works but i think you have to own the game to post things there and no one owns it yet..well the developers but that's it.