Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

ONE Thing Please Devs... Health Bars.

With the attention once again being put forth on something else, I ask ONE change to possibly be made on a timely matter... Please add the ability to create a team and as the team members enter, small health bars cluster up in a movable window.

The ability to be able to see your groups health would be nice to have.

Update to the idea... ONLY allow 1 commander (team leader) have the ability to see the Health only portion of the health bars not stam.

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

-1 Even though it would be really helpful for me as a Fo-priest, on a PvP server, I still don't like this idea. I think the the most important and fun thing in pvp is that communication is crucial and good teamwork is what makes a group good. If your suggestion was implemented wurm would take an unnecessary step towards being just another generic mmo.

Edited by permo
  • Like 8

I'm 50/50 on this.  I would like more visual indicators in the game and move away from the terrible spammy text logs we have now, but at the same time, I'm playing Wurm Online, not one of the general out of the box MMOs.

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 on this.  I would like more visual indicators in the game and move away from the terrible spammy text logs we have now, but at the same time, I'm playing Wurm Online, not one of the general out of the box MMOs.

Same here^

• Like 1

Addind on what Permo said, teamwork just utterly defines how a fight can come out.  You'll often see top end purchased accounts fail in embarrassing ways because they have no experience and no team work, while people working together as a group even with lesser accounts just wipe them.  Teamwork is the immersive player skill that adds on in such a great way to the grindy nature of Wurm that defines the other half of pvp

• Like 3

Xxx-why is everyone so quiet, who is getting focused

Xxxx-I'm at dying, we're all screwed

I'd miss moments like these -1

• Like 1

Sadly not all are quick enough with providing said information. I'll be honest I am somewhat on the fence as well but I still feel a slight change like this could be good if implemented correctly..

Leading a group as one of the only real experienced pvper, it is very difficult to micro manage everything from where they should be how to fall back, where to bring back up horses, where we currently stand shout at them to continue health updates, try and locate any enemy priest casting and have the closest switch target, the list goes on and on..

Perhaps rather then everyone being able to see the health bars only allow the commander see them (the person that starts the team or something) and let it only display health not stam.

-1 and here's why.

Those bars will have to be updated, that means, data is sent from your computer to the servers to each and everyone of the players computers, then back to the server, then back to your computer to update the health bars.  

Thanks but no thanks, one of the reasons I like wurm so much is the low bandwidth it uses while I play.

Something like this would increase the bandwidth not only on the main server, but on each individual computer as well.  - Yes I know it's a tiny amount of data sent, but Imagine if there was 100 groups of 20 people each grouped updating all at the same time.  Lag enough with all those folks, even more so with the extraneous data that is not needed to be sent back and forth.

The thing is we have target health bars already.

Also with massive groyps this could easily lead to ui cluttering.

Something that might help is a "monitor health" option granted by first aid (every 20 points lets you watch another person's health in your team, activated by right clicking them, only works in local range (since health data is already visible)). This prevents the ui clutter issue and makes the information skill linked like other things in wurm.

Leading a group as one of the only real experienced pvper, it is very difficult to micro manage everything from where they should be how to fall back, where to bring back up horses, where we currently stand shout at them to continue health updates, try and locate any enemy priest casting and have the closest switch target, the list goes on and on..

This is actually something I really enjoy about Wurm, and think visible, static health bars would detract from. It does take a fair amount of teamwork and discipline to manage all of these tasks in an orderly, responsive manner. It is something that requires drilling and practice, which is why I love it so much. Maybe run your forces through some of these drills in a scrimmage or something like that. 

I totally see the main point though, it is a lot of information to absorb and relay through secondary channels, and that can get overwhelming or frustrating when someone isn't following protocol. I just think it is the thing that makes Wurm so interesting though. 

• Like 1