Sign in to follow this  
ownerpure5

Pvp in Wurm Unlimited

I think what will be funny is going to be all the people who try wurm for the first time and they dive straight into a dedicated pvp server, and these people will have no idea how to actually defend a deed. So we'll a see a bunch of Bashur type deeds all around pvp servers.

• Like 1

I doubt there will be any fully dedicated PVP servers. Fact is the reason for Ultimate is so those who want to have their own world can have it. Some people truly only care to build nice things, they dont care about skilling or pvp or heck not even pve (killing mobs) look at Freedom how there are so many people with huge villages and 3 Fightskill. 

On another Note, A server I was asked to run will most likely be a PVE/PVP server with connected worlds depending on how many players can join each server. Think Chaos and Home servers. 

I still think it'd be amazing, imagine a chaos size pvp server with decently fast skilling and timers. with 800+ daily people on it. That would be very cool.

• Like 1

I doubt there will be any fully dedicated PVP servers. Fact is the reason for Ultimate is so those who want to have their own world can have it. Some people truly only care to build nice things, they dont care about skilling or pvp or heck not even pve (killing mobs) look at Freedom how there are so many people with huge villages and 3 Fightskill. 

On another Note, A server I was asked to run will most likely be a PVE/PVP server with connected worlds depending on how many players can join each server. Think Chaos and Home servers. 

I believe otherwise personally, Mainly because the steam community isn't a community that is primarily made up of artisans like WO is. Its full of "Im ready" people, People who like the challenge or starting from scratch and work there way up with all features go, That would include PvP, Valrei, Uniques, the whole 9 yards of wurm.

I believe otherwise personally, Mainly because the steam community isn't a community that is primarily made up of artisans like WO is. Its full of "Im ready" people, People who like the challenge or starting from scratch and work there way up with all features go, That would include PvP, Valrei, Uniques, the whole 9 yards of wurm.

Wurm is not that game people are looking for.... If they want to play that fast pace get in im ready, they will go play other games with better track records in terms of PVP. Im not saying there will be none, im sure there will be a bunch early on and within 6 months to a year the mass will all be trying to connect to a hand full of the servers, servers with probably a 200 player max. It will be fun for a while, but take a look at challenge, and epic as well. Both servers are a perfect example of fast skilling not really being a MAJOR factor. 

Wurm is not that game people are looking for.... If they want to play that fast pace get in im ready, they will go play other games with better track records in terms of PVP. Im not saying there will be none, im sure there will be a bunch early on and within 6 months to a year the mass will all be trying to connect to a hand full of the servers, servers with probably a 200 player max. It will be fun for a while, but take a look at challenge, and epic as well. Both servers are a perfect example of fast skilling not really being a MAJOR factor. 

Frankly, I believe the duration of Challenge is what drove most people off.

Why invest ALL your time for a couple weeks in hopes of getting a prize when everything is going to be wiped at the end anyways?

If there was a high skill gain PvP server which supported anti-wipe as much as possible; I'd play on it.

edit: I'm aware of your bias and investment on Chaos, so I understand your perspective. In my honest opinion, I believe WU will bring more PvP to Wurm than WO ever did.

Edited by Trake