Sign in to follow this  
loenabelle

Co op mode?

Will there be a co op mode or any way of hosting servers via steam?

It would be really nice if you were able to just let friends join you by using steam. The best example I can give of this is Terraria. You could do this with something like a 20 player limit. 

Way this would work:

*Click host

*enable steam server

*invite friends with steam

*they join

This is easy for players who just want to play with eachother and don't really care about the server having to be on all the time. Everyone quits, server is off, just like in terraria. One person owns the map.

don't know how this would work with money that devs want or anything but it's just a suggestion.

As far as I (personally! not officially - I'm not employed by Code Club) understand things - this will be just like minecraft servers. You will most likely be able to just start up the server and get in the game with your friends via the overlay (if not, I'd be surprised, considering that this connectivity is a major selling point of Steam). Convenience options as you state will - if not in at launch - probably be a pretty quick patch. The devs of course wants to make the game as easily enjoyable as they can.

The downside to shutting down servers after you're done playing on them would probably be that there currently is no "catch up" mechanic, so when starting the game again, you'd still have the recently sown crops. I suppose this will be something that will be mended or added later down the line, but I would not count on it from launch.

As far as I (personally! not officially - I'm not employed by Code Club) understand things - this will be just like minecraft servers. You will most likely be able to just start up the server and get in the game with your friends via the overlay (if not, I'd be surprised, considering that this connectivity is a major selling point of Steam). Convenience options as you state will - if not in at launch - probably be a pretty quick patch. The devs of course wants to make the game as easily enjoyable as they can.

The downside to shutting down servers after you're done playing on them would probably be that there currently is no "catch up" mechanic, so when starting the game again, you'd still have the recently sown crops. I suppose this will be something that will be mended or added later down the line, but I would not count on it from launch.

Thanks, for the 'info' :) and you're right about the crops, that's not very convenient but since you can speed things up (like how fast you gain skill) i think time will be one of those options too (not sure) so that might not be too big of a problem. (maybe just a system that calculates the time since last played and adds that to the time ingame including crops and animals). 

Thankyou :D

• Like 1