Sign in to follow this  
loenabelle

Beta testing

Hi!

I was wondering if there was going to be a closed beta and if so, if any beta testers are going to be needed. I know I would love to do that myself too so just wanted to know (even though i know you might want to pick more hardcore players for that, like Duce, Gavin or.... oh wait you're probably going to beta test it yourselfs, but still curious).

Greetings to the wurm development staff :)

Too late for any sort of closed beta since the game releases in little over 2 weeks now.

Never too late... now take my money and let me in ea..... I'll gladly test too ^_^

If theres a WU Beta going on, id like to submit myself for it aswell. Currently participated in 7 betas(8 if you count expansions) and a good bug finder & alright reporter. Tho i would require how-to-information on how to output everything my client is doing at the very moment to help clear out bugs i come across. 

Just make it an open beta?

Open betas are boring, Your just playing the game early with how it was supposed to be played. 

Back in 2006 or so, I was in a alpha for a new MMO-Expansion, I made my guy "fly" by jumping on special events. Can never experience hilarious bugs like that in open betas. 

You are already playing the beta. It's called WURM Online.  :lol:

You are already playing the beta. It's called WURM Online.  :lol:

The point is that even though it is the same game, it actually isn't. Servers need to be tested. Like what happens when you alter skillgain, how does time work, how large can maps be to work with minimal lag etc. It's not much but it is something. :)