Sign in to follow this  
Veldez

Thinking of returning

A couple quick questions from a (maybe) returning player. I quit about the time the premium costs increased, before bridges, crates, ship transports, and other awesome improvements. Overall, how much better, if at all, is the game currently, keeping in mind I only do PvE, and don't mind the non-twitchy combat system?

Also, I notice in the for sale section of the forums there don't seem to be any postings for horses and other animals. I can't live without my horses and deer herd lol. Do people still buy, sell, and trade livestock, or can they finally be found in the wild easily, or is the community just too spread out among the various servers to support trade of this kind?

A related question, is my home base of Independence still crowded? I was lucky enough to have had a deed right outside Freedom market, but otherwise it was a rough time trying to find a patch of land to claim that wasn't in the middle of nowhere lol.

Finally, has making a useful priest gotten any more reasonable? I had my alt Mag priest that I was trying to skill up, and it was such a pain in the rear unless I glued myself to Wurm Online. I never did find reliable sermon groups to work faith up, and even if I had it would have been rough lol.

Game improved a lot... Were you around for crafting window addition? 

Also, your comment about only playing PVE, you might actually like the PVP side of things if you gave it a real try, in my opinion it adds greatly to the game play of what you do for PVE. The Premium cost went down now since the Euro dropped in value, so its actually pretty much the same price as it used to be somewhat. 

A couple quick questions from a (maybe) returning player. I quit about the time the premium costs increased, before bridges, crates, ship transports, and other awesome improvements. Overall, how much better, if at all, is the game currently, keeping in mind I only do PvE, and don't mind the non-twitchy combat system?

Also, I notice in the for sale section of the forums there don't seem to be any postings for horses and other animals. I can't live without my horses and deer herd lol. Do people still buy, sell, and trade livestock, or can they finally be found in the wild easily, or is the community just too spread out among the various servers to support trade of this kind? Horses can easily be bought on all servers. We have a trade channel now that facilitates  these sales.  Deer I do not know about.

A related question, is my home base of Independence still crowded? I was lucky enough to have had a deed right outside Freedom market, but otherwise it was a rough time trying to find a patch of land to claim that wasn't in the middle of nowhere lol. There is lots of room on all servers. you just have to look a bit.

Finally, has making a useful priest gotten any more reasonable? I had my alt Mag priest that I was trying to skill up, and it was such a pain in the rear unless I glued myself to Wurm Online. I never did find reliable sermon groups to work faith up, and even if I had it would have been rough lol. Priests have not changed much other than a couple of new deity's.

I hope this helps.

You can buy/trade pretty much all creatures, and find a lot of creatures. Some spawns seem to be broken though, at least on Deli, such as tortoises and unicorns.

A related question, is my home base of Independence still crowded? I was lucky enough to have had a deed right outside Freedom market, but otherwise it was a rough time trying to find a patch of land to claim that wasn't in the middle of nowhere lol.

The megaserver Xanadu launched in June 2014. It has aquired the largest population of any server by far, which means that a server like Inde now is quite less populated. Bear in mind Xanadu also has the smallest population *density* due to its extravagant size.. 

When it comes to animals, Xanadu is quite barren except for the northern part. Most players on Xanadu hardly see deer and never any unicorns. Those that live on Xanadu still love the place like no other though  :)

Edited by Cista