Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

Captcha for Fatigue

Add a captcha to add an hour of fatigue or do something to let us keep playing when we hit fatigue limit.

I imagine it stops more real people than bots anyway. Don't judge me. :P

• Like 2

+1 for those awesome hardcore pve players. no sarcasm this time. really +1

I've never hit my fatigue limit and I'm the kind of person who imps plate all night long and doesn't sleep.

• Like 2

You have to be playing a pretty crazy amount to ever hit the fatigue limit. It's lax enough as it is that I would rather it not be changed, if only to benefit those of us who have jobs/other obligations and can't play the game 22 hours per day.

• Like 1

I hit it saturday and sunday and as of today: [10:58:15] You have 1 hours and 43 minutes left.

I asked you all to not judge me! :P

I'm making bricks and mortar, mining, digging clay and building on my castle, a lot, but no where near 22 hours a day. All timed actions, that's what does it. It supposed to be protection against bots, not people who efficiently grind and have some extra free time.

+1, but base captcha text on these questions:

http://cgaa.info/self-test-for-video-gaming-addiction/

B/c really, playing like that will lead to eventual burn-out.

Games are supposed to recharge one's energy, not drain it ...

Edit: Since game cannot display images within an in-game window, the "captcha" window could show 5 randomly chosen questions from the list, and ask the user to re-type one of them (again chosen randomly, and referred to as text, e.g. "second" rather than #2)

Edit 2: Could have this captcha pop up whenever player crosses some fatigue thresholds, e.g. less than 4 hours left, less than 1 hours, etc.

Edited by Jarisleif
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of turning it in to something about gaming addiction. To be frank it's really none of anyone's business how much I play and I don't need a game I love to shame me for it.

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 3

As someone that's hit it and isn't playing partly do to that ATM. +1

A game SHOULD NOT limit you (especially to the severity that fatigue does)

I have never hit it, so can't comment, and won't judge. it's every persons own personal business...

But as far as mechanisms that help stop bots (read: lame, useless players), I don't like removing these features, we have enough of them getting past the radar.

Yeah I don't think it needs to be removed even though I'd argue it's ineffective anyway. Just make me type in some crazy letters to keep playing.

I use wine

This does work, if you're actually drinking wine in real life and it makes you fall asleep at the keyboard. However, I don't recommend it.

I have never hit it, so can't comment, and won't judge. it's every persons own personal business...

But as far as mechanisms that help stop bots (read: lame, useless players), I don't like removing these features, we have enough of them getting past the radar.

Problem is (and if anyone wishes to see my point try searching fatigue on the forums and going to other topics about this) it doesn't stop bots. It *does* stop upping one skill to max, sure, but most people using them likely would rather use it for 10+ accounts to farm stuff to then sell for money, which equals real money if desired.

If just this stopped bots, I feel sorry for the king of botting games, RS, which took nearly (8?) years to finally kill off 99% of them. They had 10x (wasn't it more?) more bots than actual players.

The main thing this is doing is stopping people that play this as a main game, or that have a lot of free time and play wurm, from continuesly playing in what they enjoy doing.

A lot say "well good then I can keep up with them.."

Uhm, this games HOW old?... So who cares if someone plays 10x more than me, if they do - they deserve all the skill/items ect they gain in that time. Just because someone doesn't have the time to play, doesn't mean the next person should have to limited.

With that said, I don't mind it staying as long as there's some way to bypass it, a captcha, a GM or something Pming you asking if your not a bot, what ever. But something needs to be done about it. Especially since I am paying to play the game.

And if you think you need to play a ton to hit it, not exactly correct. If you play a decent amount multiple days in a row, you have a good chance to hit it. Or if you play a weekend (Friday-Sunday) you can easily hit it.

When I play I probably average 8-10 hours a day, which is a lot for most people, but I use to play Warcraft 16-18 (yeah, I've got over a 1000 REAL days /played on that). And I'm still lowering that number, but i really do ask that this at least be looked at and ask "is this really a good thing (in its current state)"

Edit: tons of spelling mistakes, appologys typed from a phone.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

+1 .  Allot of players run into this , not something anyone grinding should have to deal with.

This would allow people to chain Wisdom of vynora for tons of SB.

You don't have to play like crazy to hit fatigue limit, you just have to do things that keep the action bar going. With imping there's always gonna be more inactive time than active time, try flattening or fishing all day to drain it really easily.

+1 to anything that fixes fatigue.

Edited by Edge

This would allow people to chain Wisdom of vynora for tons of SB.

uhm.....that's the stupidest reason to -1.

ever heard of a spell cool down? Guess what needs it?

uhm.....that's the stupidest reason to -1.

ever heard of a spell cool down? Guess what needs it?

Then go make a suggestion to change the way it works.

However, AS IT SITS, my reason is perfectly clear.

I have several vyn priests that I could use every half hour to get max SB everyday if this suggestion were put in place.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

Then go make a suggestion to change the way it works.

However, AS IT SITS, my reason is perfectly clear.

I have several vyn priests that I could use every half hour to get max SB everyday if this suggestion were put in place.

As do I, but as this is a suggestion about fatigue, which would cause this issue, THIS is the place to mention that... Which you did. Not another thread. two things can easily be changed at once in this case.

As do I, but as this is a suggestion about fatigue, which would cause this issue, THIS is the place to mention that... Which you did. Not another thread. two things can easily be changed at once in this case.

This whole argument is pointless.

WOV will not be change just because a fraction of the playerbase happens to drain their fatigue.

This whole argument is pointless.

WOV will not be change just because a fraction of the playerbase happens to drain their fatigue.

Not trying to argue, Sorry if I sounded like that.

problem is it's not a fraction.  But I'll leave that up to the Devs to decide if people actually would like it changed/removed. (Fatigue, I've no real solution for WOV other then a cooldown/limit.  Which is really only a bandaid for that, In my opinion.)

I didn't think of WoV. I have a Vyn and I've used that spell twice i think, and once was just now to try it out.

My first thought is if you hit the captcha, it doesn't actually add an hour to fatigue but starts a separate hour long counter. That way fatigue itself can stay exactly the same.