Sign in to follow this  
MissWilc

Sermon Group

Hey Delians, I'm wondering if there are enough folks around wanting to get some uber faith gains on their priests? If so, I have a church on my deed and am happy to host sermon groups.

I have 1 priest needing sermons and 2 other premium toons to serve as listeners. I can leave 2 of my toons online when I'm not playing; otherwise they'll all 3 be up 24/7.

My deed is located around G 24 (Macondo) on the in-game map. There is near-by ship parking right over the hill from me.

If you've never participated in a sermon group, here is the information from the group I used to host on Release. The rules aren't written in stone; if anyone has better ideas we can certainly make changes. 

Benefits of joining this group include:
  • Faster priest skill gains
  • Get a lot of tips from veteran priests
  • Many of us leave our toons online when we aren't playing so you can preach whatever time of day works best for you
  • 80 ql hot meals

There are metal altars for every religion so bring your statuette and mats to sacrifice.

Feel free to bring any alts who are followers -- the more listeners, the better the faith/favour gain.

There is an order for sermons, so be sure to let the crew know you're there for the sermon group and you'll be added to the list.

If you have never attended a sermon group, don’t be afraid to speak up. We are happy to have you and will tell you everything you need to know about working with the group.

How the group works:

1. People are added to a sermon list as they arrive or log on.

2. A sermon can be held every 30 minutes (but each toon can only preach every 3 hours)

3. In order to get a prayer reset, there must be at least 6 additional toons within 4 tiles of the preacher (listeners must be premium and following a diety).

4. After you preach, you edit the list by putting your name at the end, and include the time for the next sermon.

5. If you leave your toon online while AFK you stay on the list.

6. If you leave for any reason and miss someone else's sermon, you go to the end of the line (does not apply to short disconnect).

7. Announce when you are going to preach in case other members are more than 4 tiles away and need to get back.

8. If it is your turn and you seem to be AFK, you will be poked, slapped, cursed, and probably mocked. After 2 or 3 minutes you will be skipped over.

If there is enough interest to get a group going, I'll edit the post above for the announcement, rules, etc. You can post here or talk to Wilca in-game. I'm ready to start anytime :)

I have a little baby follower named Tyneras who will be interested. I just have her spamiing prayer at our village temple at the moment.

Az and Darm -- get in touch with me as soon as you can. My alliance is going to get a sermon group running. Hopefully this week.