Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Please add confirmation when changing the owner of a boat

Changing the owner of a boat or ship always bears the risk of losing your boat forever! Say you want to change the owner to "Rey", but you make a typo and enter "Red" - poof! You can't revert the change anymore, nor can player "Rey". Or you want to change the boat's name, but accidentally type the new name in the wrong field:

L2BCwbi.jpg

(Happened before... many times ;))

So, adding an additional confirmation level (a pop-up saying "Do you really want to change the boat's owner to 'yyyy'?) would reduce this risk considerably.

• Like 6

+1 definitely, I've done this numerous times myself

same for carts/wagons

Edited by Lisabet

This was based on my Derp moment i was renaming my painted boats to their Color now Red (The player) Has a Red sail boat on my deed!  Your welcome :)

Booskii

• Like 1

I had a guy change the name of the boat instead of setting a new owner and it was a while before i noticed it..luckily it was just a rowboat but i can see where a warning would help.

Not happened to me yet but... grabs a plank and knocks on it.

+1

Any changes made to any items (carts, boats, writs) should give a confirmation message.   Would just be a great extra security feature. 

I have many times almost changed ownership of my boats to the new name of vessel.  so that is a definite +100  from me.

+1

I am always worried about botching name spellings when changing ownership of carts/wagons/boats and now it will be even more ownership options with all the new permission changes.

how about making it 7 warnings just in case you fail to see the first 6? come on all this idiot proofing has to stop as some point.

Haha.

You should put a support ticket in to get it changed back. I own the char Red and the GM's can take this post as my permission :)