Sign in to follow this  
TradingAlt

Need advice from someone on special fishing tiles

is it like a small area or 1 specific tile? i've noticed i get the message [16:21:47] You are practically standing on the fishing spot!  in a circular area but im unsure if im actually on the tile because I haven't seen one yet. Is there a specific tile i need to be on or will being in the general area work?

Same. I have yet to catch a special fish out of it. I get nice catfish, but nothing special.

If you are getting the message that you are practically standing on it, you will catch the fish. Catching the special fish is heavily dependent on rod QL and your fishing skill. At low skill and below 50 rod ql, you will probably only catch 1 special fish every 40-50 casts. If your rod ql is around 90, you should catch 1 every 10-30(at low skill).

When i was 70, I was catching special fish 1/10 with a 70-80ql rod.

• Like 2

If you are getting the message that you are practically standing on it, you will catch the fish. Catching the special fish is heavily dependent on rod QL and your fishing skill. At low skill and below 50 rod ql, you will probably only catch 1 special fish every 40-50 casts. If your rod ql is around 90, you should catch 1 every 10-30(at low skill).

When i was 70, I was catching special fish 1/10 with a 70-80ql rod.

This information is pretty spot on ^

• Like 1

I specific tile,

From my experience, the best way to find one is:

You may have noticed the small little fish that are in the water tile..

Well out in the open seas these fish tiles are in a long line of tiles...

Use your lurker in the deep pendulum at the end of the line of tiles.

• Like 1

This information is pretty spot on ^

It better be for grinding it for so long >_< I've been messing around with the skill(on my journey to 99.92) and its just a jumble of randomness that is hard to predict. Even what I put may not be 100% :P

Edited by Nicrolis

another thing i've noticed is my fishing line isn't breaking even if it says this [17:28:56] The fish breaks loose and swims away.

Thanks, Nicrolis. My rod is 85QL but my skill is very low. I didn't stick with the special tile long enough to have enough casts. It's the first one i have found and I figured "Go back at 50 fishing." :-P

Best part is, the spots will not move! Unless you change the terrain around them atleast :P The special fish caught WILL change, once every season change. It seems random which it will change to, as the fish don't correspond to the seasons.

• Like 1

can you confirm if fishing from a sailboat will work? or how do you do it usually when you are after the special fish?

can you confirm if fishing from a sailboat will work? or how do you do it usually when you are after the special fish?

It does work, you just have to make sure your position as passenger is over the spot.  Just check with pendulum again on the boat and should be all good

• Like 1

yeah i double checked after i embarked as passenger, i prob don't have the skill for it yet tho, at 27 with a 70ql willow rod