Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

WU - GM Functions Discussion

Not a reply but another question......when you've played awhile on your server, is it possible to start the server again from the beginning so its like when you first started?

has anyone else created the 2000gk alter of three in there pocket then cant drop it, cant destroy it, cant summon it out of inventory, cant set data or restrictions? anyway to get rid of it other than changing the item id in the database?

I did this tonight, and my solution was to activate it and right click and animal and give it to the animal.

1. Any idea how to get the deed stone to have the sell options on it.

2. Or how to get the Sacrifice option on the altars showing..?

Any ideas..??

Can a GM set a tile so that a well (or fountain) could profitably be built there?  How?

I can right-click and 'examine' the tile to get information ... and part of the information is "spring=false" (or, occasionally, "spring=true" and a well built there will provide water).  But I can't figure out how to change "false" to "true" ... is it even possible?

Can a GM set a tile so that a well (or fountain) could profitably be built there?  How?

I can right-click and 'examine' the tile to get information ... and part of the information is "spring=false" (or, occasionally, "spring=true" and a well built there will provide water).  But I can't figure out how to change "false" to "true" ... is it even possible?

You can build a well anywhere and have a GM set it to autofill, (activate ebony wand, right click well, or fountain, item, set restrictions, check the autofill box), Which will ignore the restriction on having to place it on a spring tile.

Pls help......if i summon creature like HUMAN, CHILD

1. for a while he start walking away.....is any chance for stay him on place where i summoned him forever???

2. human and child cant summon as femail? or diferent ?form?image? ...like younger, older, with or without hair etc?)

THX

....sry my english ;)

someone said to me, you can give him "different legs" or whatever so he will stay on a place, but i cant look now because i am in work and because other graphics like female/kids...thats not possible as i know

someone said to me, you can give him "different legs" or whatever so he will stay on a place, but i cant look now because i am in work and because other graphics like female/kids...thats not possible as i know

??? give him  "different legs"  ???  :)   how?

ok so i tryed to use  the red/orange crystal portal item, to make a teleport script from point A to point B with the "teleport/special effect" option in the effect section, also after i picked "used current item ID" in the trigger part. And all of this after I started a new mission and named it "Portal Teleport". Nothing, not even a pop text. Can you walk me thru a quick run down on it.  
This is single server so no server jumping here.

Thank you to anyone who gives your time to help me. :wub:

Edited by lucifier

Is there a way to summon a horse (or any animals for that matter) that aren't "Venerable"? All the horses I summon are Venerable by default. Or, is there a way, other than editing the database directly, to change the age of an animal (With the GM tools of course)?

I've search a bunch and can't seem to find such a function anywhere.

ok so i tryed to use  the red/orange crystal portal item, to make a teleport script from point A to point B with the "teleport/special effect" option in the effect section, also after i picked "used current item ID" in the trigger part. And all of this after I started a new mission and named it "Portal Teleport". Nothing, not even a pop text. Can you walk me thru a quick run down on it.  

This is single server so no server jumping here.

Thank you to anyone who gives your time to help me. :wub:

for example ...... my way:

(....sry my english :)

- on red crystal "Manage mission"

mission window:

- set name of mission e.g. TeleportA

- check fail, repeatable

- down at window is "Mission trigger" select "Create new"

- click send

trigger window:

- set name( may be same)

- select "On action perfomed" = "Examine" (=if doubleclick on crystal mission is startup)

- check "Use current" (=mission and trigger is setting on red crystal)

- select "Mission affected" = "TeleportA"

- down at window is "Mission trigger effect" select "Create new"

- click send

trigger effect:

- set name( may be same)

- at "Trigger" select "TeleportA"

- set "Teleport/Special effect Tile X/Y" (=place where you want teleport)

- select "Surfaced" = true

- select "Mission affected" = "TeleportA"

- set "Mission state change" = 100 % (=complete mission)

- click send

Done.....if you "examine" red crystal you will teleport on Tile X/Y

When I create Items, I get unusable "wierd" items. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to summon items to you that you can't see? My soulstones are in the middle of the ocean.

If I try to summon creatures, I get an error not available now.

GM level 5, both ebony and ivory wands.

Edited by Kelody

Tag the item with the wand then summon it,

cant tell u exactl how as i am at work

I created a large barrel with the ebony wand and planted it.

I went to Item > Manage Restrictions and pulled up the window.  I wanted this particular barrel not to be lockable.

Now any time I create a large barrel, "not lockable" is green-checked and I can't seem to uncheck it.

I've tried different types of wood for the barrel, all create non-lockable.  

Is there something I can do to "undo" what I did? :)

It occurs to me that a barrel may not be lockable at all, but when I have a large padlok active, the "attach lock" is available, so I really need some help, please.

Edited by Onyx
clarify

When I summon HoTA statues I only get ones with non-coloured lights.

I know what aux data to set to get the different statues, but how do I get them to have coloured lights?

On 4/2/2016 at 0:38 AM, Onyx said:

It occurs to me that a barrel may not be lockable at all, but when I have a large padlok active, the "attach lock" is available, so I really need some help, please.

Cupboards do this too, I reported it as a bug.

I have made quite a lot of complex ruler missions and I understand the system pretty well. There are some questions for the head GMs:

1. Specific item rewards. If I set a reward to the specific wurm-ID for the item created...it always says "previous reward cannot be located". Does not matter what I do, where I place the item...always the same and the effect will not work. How do I get this to work?

2. The transition between two missions. If anyone has found a good way of doing this, please let me know. What is to be accomplished is - you finish one mission(1) - you can then start another mission(2).

Here are the ways I have tried, none are really great:

A. The first mission Activates the second mission.

Problem: The second mission is then activated for everyone, not just the one who finished the first mission. Everyone can now jump straight to the second mission.

B. The first mission triggers the second mission start. The end of the first mission has a trigger (Mission effected: Mission1 --- Should trigger at 90%) - and the effect of that trigger is Mission effected: Mission2 -- progress 5%.

Problem: Mission2 now starts at 95%

C. Mission2 triggers when Mission1 is finished (100%).

Mission2 will trigger when mission1 at 100%.

Problem: Same as above (2) - Mission2 now get 100% automatically finished (actually 100+1).

3. Timed missions.

I made a mission with time limit. (new chance if failed)

Step On trigger starts it. Sets progress to 50%.

Some tiles away another triggers sets progress to 100% (adds 50%)

All good, mission ends successfully if I walk to the second tile in time. Fine. Mission list also says "Done".

However...if I walk over the tile after I have completed the mission, but after the time has run out - once again the mission comes up - and now it fails...after I completed it...

WTF?

4. Achievements,

This is very unclear to me. I make a new achievement. Trigger on 1.

I add it to a ruler mission effect.

Nothing happens when the effect goes off. No added achievement in the achievements windows, nothing.

How does this work?

Thanks for information on these things.

Edited by Jukken
  • Like 1

hoping we can get some quick auto building of floors unless theres a way im missing? when i set auxdata to 0 and build wood walls it wont work on the wood floors etc

2 hours ago, Aum said:

hoping we can get some quick auto building of floors unless theres a way im missing? when i set auxdata to 0 and build wood walls it wont work on the wood floors etc

You need the mod "BetterGameMasters" with Auxdata 1 you can build all type of floors and roofs instant.

Edit: here is the Link to the mod, it works fine with 1.0.0.7

Edited by Eject

Trying to create a trigger on receiving a "fishing hook" but I REALLY cannot find it in the list of items available.  It WAS there before, but either my eyes are bad or it has been removed from the list of available items.

This is making my fishing-hook quest pretty tough to complete!

Is there any other way to set my quest item to "fishing hook" - or are we now unable to have quests with hooks in them?

You can edit the database - in the wurmplayers.db, look at MISSIONSTRIGGERS - find your trigger and in the ONITEMCREATED - put in 95 or 96 

fine fishing hook (iron) = 95

fishinghook (wood) = 96

NOTE: Do not open this trigger with the missionruler again, or it will mess up and have to be repeated.

Edited by Jukken

is there some way to trigger valeri mission effects using gm powers? eg meteors or volcanoes and whatever else

Good day.

About the #chat <int color> command, what color format does it use?

RGB values don`t work as  RRRGGGBBB (256000000) gives us a dark brown and not Red 

Hex values don`t work with the The value 6e0080 could not be parsed into an integer error.

Changing the Hex value to integer doesn`t even work.

[14:31:37] <Starstorm> See what I mean that it's a guessing game? :D

Edited by axeblade346